It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents shot dead in car in Kenner (New Orleans) with toddler in back seat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

The parents of a 3-year-old boy were shot to death early Thursday in Kenner

...The two adults were pronounced dead at the scene from gunshot wounds. The toddler, who police said was not belted into his rear seat, suffered a torn liver because of the car crash but was spared any bullet wounds. He was taken to Ochsner Medical Center, where his recovery proceeded successfully, and was expected to leave the hospital soon, said Lt. Wayne McInnis, spokesman for the Police Department.
"The little boy is going to be fine," McInnis said. "It was just a very small tear in his liver." www.nola.com...

The violence in New Orleans never ceases to amaze me. I want to believe that these criminals would not have done this knowing there was a little guy in the back seat but deep down I know it would not have made a difference. I hope they catch these animals but I am not holding my breath. In fact I would not be surprised if they turned out to be cops.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
In fact I would not be surprised if they turned out to be cops.

My god all this cop hate on this site is just unbelievable...

I really don't know what to add, people get shot and killed everyday all over the world, it's sad

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Poor little baby. Such a sad, tragic story. My heart goes out to their families and friends.

I would have thought that after so much hardship in that area that people would be closer and kinder to one another. What a sad world. The heartache and violence never ends.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Poor little baby. Such a sad, tragic story. My heart goes out to their families and friends.

I would have thought that after so much hardship in that area that people would be closer and kinder to one another. What a sad world. The heartache and violence never ends.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
No one should ever bring someone into this world.

sick society.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

I really don't know what to add, people get shot and killed everyday all over the world, it's sad
I don't hate cops but after seeing abuse of force reports nationwide almost on a daily basis, one tends to become pessimistic.

Also, if you were from Louisiana you would know how corrupt the police force is here.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I don't hate cops but after seeing abuse of force reports nationwide almost on a daily basis, one tends to become pessimistic.
Also, if you were from Louisiana you would know how corrupt the police force is here.

I'm afraid the malignancy of corruption is spreading unchecked around Amerika. They will find the murders. They won't be cops,... this time.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

(

What's eve worse, having lived around the area myself for a few years, is that even if there are witnesses, they won't come forward, for being in fear they will suffer the same fate.

While you think it was the police, in the article, while a nice picture was painted of both the deceased, who's really to know? People always make assumptions without knowing the facts, which in the New Orleans area will probably never be known.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

...The violence in New Orleans never ceases to amaze me...

The amazing thing is, Kenner is NOT New Orleans. That's like calling Anehiem Los Angeles.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Non_Era

...The violence in New Orleans never ceases to amaze me...

The amazing thing is, Kenner is NOT New Orleans. That's like calling Anehiem Los Angeles.

I know,but like in Los Angeles, if you're just driving through it you really don't know when Kenner ends and New Orleans/Metairie etc...begins.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

cops, yeah right.

I

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

cops, yeah right.

I

I take it you know that it wasn't cops involved and that it couldn't possibly be cops involved? If you have a source for your knowledge please share it with us.

(btw: you should moderate yourself and not post a one liner, hypocrite much)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Yea it wasn't cops..

when people want to do something .....they will do it......That is why things like this happen over and over again.....

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

How about reporting what is known and not speculating

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

I didn't know we had omnipotent people here at ATS

so glad that NOW WE KNOW there weren't cops involved!
Tell me, since you seem to know who to rule out in a murder investigation,
who wasn't on the grassy knoll?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

How about reporting what is known and not speculating

How about not speculating as to who WASN'T involved?

Do you even live in Louisiana to be commenting on crime and the police in Louisiana?

btw, it is not speculating if I am just stating that it wouldn't surprise me if cops were involved, thats all.

take off your rosy colored glasses.

oh, and kudos with getting away with the one liners,

Now what fraternal order do mods like you remind me of????

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Here is an update to your story.

www.nola.com... _of_hospital_as_ken.html#incart_rh

The child's father, Charles Davis, 38, has a conviction for possession with intent to distribute drugs, according to court records. But that was 14 years ago, and his mother, Hermania Ellsworth, 29, was described as a sober, hard-working, church-going woman.

Yeah, there may be some rotten coppers in the New Orleans area, but there are also some unsavory residents!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
[edit on June 19th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Kenner is a part of Greater New Orleans, so it's not wrong to identify it so.

The fact that has always chapped my behind is that the official NWS weather station for New Orleans is at the airport which is on the far west side of Jefferson Parish almost at the St. Charles Parish line.

It's bad enough that weather in New Orleans is so variable from neighborhood to neighborhood, without putting the weather station nearly two parishes away.

As for the murder of this family, such things when I lived in New Orleans were all too common.

People escaped to the suburbs to get away from such and it's bad to see it spreading, although that spread began before I left the area in 1998.

www.thecajuns.com...

[edit on 2010/6/19 by GradyPhilpott]

top topics

join