It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US May Microwave Afghan Targets

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
That's the gauntlet, really, isn't it ?

If the US does this, then we'll have to get our fingers out and really make a noise. Because it's already gone too far. And if the US (or anyone else) begins frying people in their own country, then we won't any longer be able to kid ourselves we're civilised and it will be time to bring our governments down and lock them up, pending execution

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
He who lives by the microwave, dies by the microwave

When it all hits the fan, we're gonna feel it the worst. Our karma has a LONG way to bounce back.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zappafan1

THats good, so now we can just zap em lovingly, if you believe that you`ll believe anything. still, they can practice on them, then they can use it on us when we find out what TPTB have in store for us a little further down the line. l wonder if you will be so complacent then.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

WE MAY SELL IT TO THEM, Well, thats OK then. Maybe they will point it at the GOM, fry some fish.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
It's absolutely true.

The technology has been around for quite some time now.

It's not just used in war zones either, it's also used (or proposed for use) domestically against American and British civilians, for 'crowd control' purposes.

I have a hunch that you will not be able to come up with a legitimate source that is able to support your statement that the British use microwaves for domestic "crowd control" or for any other reason for that matter (apart from cookers and communications obviously).

Regards

[edit on 19/6/2010 by paraphi]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by star child l fail to understand how folks can get so upset at the thought of a pet puppy or kitten being microwaved yet we are so proud that that we have the means to burn to a crisp innocent men, women and babies.

Well, used properly, you don't burn anyone at all, much less "burn them to a crisp", which isn't something you could actually manage with ADS.

There was an operator error during testing (actually I think the system design induces you to make that error, but I digress) that caused a couple of people to get a point-blank full power dose for the maximum firing time, and they got some bad skin burns, which you'd expect, but they weren't turned into microwave chicken or something. It doesn't work that way.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

Just a matter of time before they can fire these things from a satalite.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by byteshertz]

Quite a lot of problems with that, not the least of which would be the power requirements, bulk, and that pesky inverse square law.

However, the USAF DOES have a classified version they test around Kirtland, uses a CARM mounted on, IIRC, a C130.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
I had heard about this being used in Iraq, some Iraqi army guy said he saw what looked like a modified US tank that fired at a bus and completely melted it...

I remember when that first came out - RAI at first had the unedited tapes online and the doctors were saying that the weapon had put demons in the people, which had eaten their heads off from the inside out and then "shrunk the bodies".

I guess it sounded too whack so they trimmed it back a lot and, it looks like, stuck in some of their film crew in lab coats to fill in the blanks on some of the shots.

The "explanation" RAI had for it was sort of nuts too, I remember having a fun time posting the more obviously stupid parts.

ADS doesn't melt metal, by the way. Especially not school buses.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
A fair amount of scope exists to overun the device using 'shielded' people, and capture and use it against those that are trying to use it on you!

'Do unto others' and all that.

Given the technical expertise of most hippies, I'd suspect that the operators will have a fun time lighting up the ones with garbage can lids or Bacofoil shirts.

It's a lot tougher to shield against than most people would be capable of managing.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

l beg to differ. Last year they were testing it out in England on teenagers who hung around corner shops. They had to stop using it because it was effecting people living in the houses close by. It was only mild, just enough to make them uncomfortable, a buzzing noise enough to make them move on. The news said that it could be used as a device for crowd control.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

lt burns LAYERS of skin off. l wonder if you will be so complacent when your government uses it to control you and your family, maybe the military will be real kind to you and yours and just regulate it to only defrost,eh.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by star childIt was only mild, just enough to make them uncomfortable, a buzzing noise enough to make them move on. The news said that it could be used as a device for crowd control.

Not at all. What you're reading about was likely that mosquito noise device for flushing out teenagers. Older people can't hear it due to upper-frequency hearing loss.

Not in any way related to microwaves.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by star child
reply to post by Bedlam

lt burns LAYERS of skin off. l wonder if you will be so complacent when your government uses it to control you and your family, maybe the military will be real kind to you and yours and just regulate it to only defrost,eh.

No, it doesn't, other than that testing incident and one other where someone had something metallic in his pocket just the right size and shape, he got a half-power shot at close range and it gave him a small second-degree burn (blisters) on his leg where the metal got hot.

ADS heats up the top 1/64" of skin somewhat, but what it mostly does is false-trigger your heat receptors. It feels hotter than blazes - you can't help moving away from it, and I don't think I could make myself walk through the "fence" version of it, even knowing it wasn't doing any damage.

If you are hit with a high power shot at short range, it will heat the top layer of skin up a good bit, but it takes a point-blank hit at full power to actually cause burns.

The biggest issue with using ADS on crowds is causing a stampede. You are supposed to start at low power and sweep the beam across the crowd's feet, or pick a group and "tap" the button while aiming at their feet. If you put it on full power and go for their faces, it'll definitely cause them to panic and run, which could be bad for the ones that get knocked down. I'd be way more worried about stampedes than looking like Dark Man or something.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Thanks Bedlam, lets hope our forces aim at the feet and not the faces. Still an awsome weapon, lm pretty sure they havent gone to all this trouble just to give them a suntan tho,

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

yep, just checked, it is the mosquito, thank you for pointing it out. Peace starchild.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by star child
reply to post by Bedlam

Thanks Bedlam, lets hope our forces aim at the feet and not the faces. Still an awsome weapon, lm pretty sure they havent gone to all this trouble just to give them a suntan tho,

Well, it won't give them a tan, that takes ionizing radiation

It has its place. If you need to disperse a crowd, and you don't want to kill or injure them, what do you do?

It also has a use in flushing people out of buildings, which was one of the uses at the presentation I went to. THAT is radically useful. If you've got people in 'normal' residential structures, and you need to check in there, it's a lot safer to tell them to vacate temporarily, then when they say it's empty, to sweep the structure with the ADS. You'll find out right then if you've got someone in there laying for you by the shrieks and people jumping out the windows.

Similarly, the airborne USAF version was pitched to be used in sweeping supposedly empty terrain (grass, trees etc) to see if anyone suddenly jumped up and started doing the safety dance. It's hard to bushwhack someone if you're running in circles trying to get out of the beam.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by star child

This techno has been around for many years, we have Tesla to thank for this. Although he developed this type of tecno for the greater good, invetibly it was used for the detriment of mankind. All military personal like to use war as a game, it is almost like computer games to them and this new developement is a lot more fun for them thatn the old way. check out this video submitted to wikileaks. It shows how excited the shooters in the chopper get when wanting to make a kill. www.vitalisnews.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
When I proposed that the active denial system could be turned up to melt our enemies into a pile of goo, people thought me insane. Now you see it is true. Many conspiracy theories become fact. Nuts like me bring them to light.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by vitalisnews
reply to post by star child

This techno has been around for many years, we have Tesla to thank for this. Although he developed this type of tecno for the greater good, invetibly it was used for the detriment of mankind.

Pretty damn sure Tesla never designed a gyrotron. Nice try, though.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
When I proposed that the active denial system could be turned up to melt our enemies into a pile of goo, people thought me insane. Now you see it is true. Many conspiracy theories become fact. Nuts like me bring them to light.

What makes you think "we now see it is true"? Especially when it isn't.

Even the Block 2 design only has so much power, and it's subject to inverse square law like any other transmitter - it's not magic.

At point blank range turned all the way up and with a four second burst, yes, a Block 2 can cause second degree skin burns. No goo melting. That's not how it's supposed to be used - it's crap software design that resets the thing to full-blast when you're not paying attention.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join