It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.S., Israeli warships cross Suez Canal toward Red Sea

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Urm, where I work has gone up to level one security and we were told today that we can't go anywhere, i.e leave the country / go on or take any holiday or be too far away from work!

Lot of people I didn't recognise there too.

Something is in the air!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I see related article... Concerns growing in Tehran.

Iran 'keeps watchful eye on PG skies'

An army commander says Iran has taken measures to strengthen the country's passive air defense systems, especially in the Persian Gulf region. "One passive air defense system, which has attracted substantial investments, is a reconnaissance terminal … [through this system] we have been able to use the data effectively," Fars quoted General Habibollah Alizadeh as saying Monday.

www.presstv.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I for one don’t want war with anyone. Wars have to cease. Love has to replace it. We’re all in this together and the sooner we realize this, the better off we’ll be. I pray there is not another war – with anyone. Unfortunately, These headlines (and many others) do alarm me and they should you.

If it is a normal rotation then within 24 hours the USS Eisenhower in the Persian Gulf will begin moving in the opposite path that the Truman took. So there is a certain amount of information publically available through the US Pentagon. And we're not going to know until next week whether this is a doubling of the US military force in the area or whether it's a normal rotation in which case the USS Eisenhower will be moving out of the area by the middle part of next week.
www.presstv.ir...

The Saudis are as threatened as Israel by Iran’s nuclear ambitions,” Aaron Klein, the Jerusalem Bureau Chief of WorldNetDaily.com, told FrontPage. He has broken numerous stories about the fear of Iran expressed by Arab officials behind the scenes.

“Jordan, Egypt and Saudi Arabia secretly back an Israeli strike against Iran’s nuclear facilities. The Saudis are particularly active in coordinating with Israel since their oil interests are at stake in a major war,” Klein said.
frontpagemag.com...

A week ago, Israel leaked to the press that they had permission from Saudi Arabia to use their air space to attack Iran. The Saudi’s quickly denied this. The effort on Israel’s part was a ruse to cover their real plans, to attack from the Republic of Georgia, close to Iran’s northern border. However, the breakdown in relations with Turkey after miscalculating the response to their Flotilla raid on a Turkish ship in international waters may have ended this operation.
www.globalresearch.ca...

According to the May 30 Sunday Times, Israel has deployed a nuclear missile-equipped submarine off the Iranian coastline, “to act as deterrent, gather intelligence and potentially to land Mossad agents.”
www.greenleft.org.au...

June 20, 2010 June 23rd, or two days before or two days afterward to possibly the 26th of June is the beginning of this: The Attack on Iran is already underway and will be implemented at any time during the 21st of June to the 26th of June
disc.yourwebapps.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
As I noted in my previous post the USS Harry Truman (CVN-75) Carrier Strike Group is now in the 5th Fleet Area of Responsibility (AOR), having transited the Suez Canal this last week. This is a SCHEDULED DEPLOYMENT. Mark my words, by this time next week the USS Eisenhower (CVN-69) will be headed back home. Since its home is Norfolk, VA I wouldn't be at all surprised if they went back up the Suez and across the Med. It's by far the shortest route. This transition is normal in every respect. No need to get your panties in a twist.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Geez. I must be psychic! Another week has passed and guess what? The CVN-75 Harry Truman Carrier Strike Group is on station in the Red Sea off the western coast of India in the 5th Fleet AOR, as predicted. Further, the CVN-69 Dwight Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group has moved off station and will be offficially relieved of duties on July 2nd. It is already headed back up North through the Suez Canal, will cross the Med, and be back home at Norfolk, VA in a few weeks.

This leaves ONE Carrier Strike Group and ONE Marine Expeditionary Group on station in the 5th fleet AOR, just as has been the case for over a decade. Every six months or so, they change so the boys & girls in uniform can go home, grab a beer and get laid.

So, in another six months or so there will be another relief operation where one Carrier Strike Group relieves another Carrier Strike Group. Then we can repeat the process here. "Oh, my God! There are American warships headed to the Middle East! They're going down the Suez Canal! Sound the alarm! The sky is about to fall!"

or not.

[edit on 6/30/2010 by schuyler]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

This happens every year... The come to relieve a carrier group.... the headlines read "Ships Gathering in gulf" Its comical if you follow it.. The best part is.. sometimes its the same posters that havent picked up on the pattern!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join