It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.S., Israeli warships cross Suez Canal toward Red Sea

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

Yeah, ease up Marrr's - you're getting all uptight about semantics.

1) Okay, so there are no "Battleship" class 'boats' on the seas, right now... they're obviously using the term loosely to identify 'large ass ships' (as someone mentioned above), as is eveidenced by...

2) the link I posted a) uses the term in a similar fashion, b) was posted 3 (THREE) months ago, and c) is working again - check for yourself.

Fair enough?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Reply to post by wdkirk

Just be ready for everyone on this site to claim world war three is starting, the war drums are beating...lol. If you live in a box all your life and only visited this site you would think that the world was destroyed years ago.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Nice...like the "turds" that they are.

Oh, and not that the Israeli blockade hasn't been overboard in terms of the items that have been restricted (but now relaxed), but exactly how many kids have starved to death so far in Gaza?

My guess is...zero.

So, while your bias may have some basis, you might want to avoid invalidating your stance by using language that is inflammatory more than it is factual.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr
12Battleships????(sic)
We haven't had any Battleships on active duty for well over a decade.

Exactly what do you think the the USS McCain and USS Chafee are?
Ski boats? Cruise liners?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

So, while your bias may have some basis, you might want to avoid invalidating your stance by using language that is inflammatory more than it is factual.

You may be incorrectly assuming he/she gives a rats arse about either validating or invalidating his or her stance, as you put it.

People post here for numerous reasons, and plenty post to blow off a little steam..

People also post using deliberately inflammatory language, in order to illicit a response.

Why do you care how his or her comments come across? A poster who has the will and ability can post anything, however they wish, T&C accepted of course.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

They are both Arleigh Burke class destroyers.
Destroyer=Battleship???
Ignorance is ABUNDANT

As far as this being just semantics, I say no chance. An Iowa class battleship compared to a destoryer of any class is not semantics. This is potential war and war making machines. Semantics?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Hi Spikey:

I only care from the perspective of our (as an online community) using language that facilitates some kind of meaningful exchange of ideas and perspective.

I understand that some (significant?) percentage of the posters here either don't care about accuracy or interchange...or are only interested in raising the emotional temperature of the people who might oppose the message written...perhaps only for entertainment value.

In this case, having seen a number of previous posts from the contributor in question, I felt that he/she really feels that the Gazan people have been wronged by the Israelis - so wanted to suggest that slightly different language be used to make the point.

Not important likely (my opinion), but tendered nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
"battleships" is just media jargon, nickname stuff, get over it. no big deal..

very intersting development tho... 12 american vessels, 1 israeli... heading for the red sea... hmm only one place i can think of where'd they be goin.....

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I think they use battleships as a generic term for 'ships of battle', as I have seen used to describe everything from carriers to frigates.

This may have something to do with the recent sanctions from the UN.

I believe it calls for boarding of Iranian flag ships suspected of carrying contraband.

If this is so, watch this space for interesting headlines around the 21 or 22.

Say, isn't there some prediction here for something happening on June 21/22?

Just wanted to add, If your coming to battle with 'proportionate' force, you will get your ass handed to you. You don't respond proportionately, you respond with overwhelming force. If you want to win, that is.

I.e. you come with a knife, proud and bold, and I shoot you in the head, now your stiff and cold.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by ErEhWoN]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Oh you think no kids in Gaza have not starved to death but you want me to stick to the T&C of ATS? Why are you offended....

People like you make me laugh, realy you do. you are so vocal on the internet but in real life your the first lot hiding behind the biggest kid on the block.

kids starved in Gaza 0?

My oh my

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
ok first of all

Israel actions over the past ... (let say since lebanon war)
ARE ILLEGAL AND MONSTROUS AND UNHUMAN

i was once a neutral person
covering all facts ..reading both side of story ..ALWAYS
Israel have prooven themself by using ... nazi tactiks
ok i didnt see yet gas chamber for the palestian ...
but i have see some phophurous gas bomb that do worst
(gift from usa taxpayer)

so between ..iran hezbollah hamas or even alqueada
israel is worst of them all ...even all reunited israel is still the worst
his secret weapon is DENIAL all sin (killing.stealing etc ...)

i have look into the heart of israel and its not pretty ... its DARK
it has many dark secret of global dominance
dont know how they manage to have all us congress in their hands

so far its like a chess game i have see since 2001
a real bloody chess game full of lies and cheats was used to win the game ..

those warship .... OK WE CAN SPECULATE
but nothing more
those warship are there to provoque something
or they are heading to iran after a green light was given by obama ..

the 2 coming week will be HOT

everyone need to prepare when the head lines news will be

BREAKINGS NEWS : WAR WITH IRAN STARTED

FIRST AIRWARE OF BOMBS HAVE DESTROYED A FIRST NUCLEAR REACTOR
TROOPS ARE PREPARED TO BE DEPLOYED IF NEEDED
ISRAEL IS RINGING THE SIRENS CALLING IS CITIZEN TO HEAD UP TO BUNKER
RIOT IN USA ; OBAMA DECLARING MARTIAL LAW
CHINESE AND RUSSIAN INVADE USA

OBAMA IN OVAL OFFICE SAYING ...DOH

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Hi there Master:

So, again, exactly how many kids have starved to death in Gaza since the blockade began?

Please give us a number, and quote your source(s).

I am not claiming (as per my previous post) that Israel has not gone too far in its blockade...in terms of the restrictions of types of goods embargoed.

But please support your idea that kids in Gaza have starved to death as a result...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
about the BATTLESHIP WORD CONTROVERSY HERE

who cares

for the matter
warship
battleship
cruiser
fregate
carrier
ITS ALL THE SAME ...they are military vessel huge or not
they have armed weapons on board

so lets call them MILITARY VESSEL

and talk about the real thing (12 military vessel are crossing the suez canal)
not a stupid word for cry out loud

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
reply to post by spikey

Hi Spikey:

I only care from the perspective of our (as an online community) using language that facilitates some kind of meaningful exchange of ideas and perspective.

I understand that some (significant?) percentage of the posters here either don't care about accuracy or interchange...or are only interested in raising the emotional temperature of the people who might oppose the message written...perhaps only for entertainment value.

In this case, having seen a number of previous posts from the contributor in question, I felt that he/she really feels that the Gazan people have been wronged by the Israelis - so wanted to suggest that slightly different language be used to make the point.

Not important likely (my opinion), but tendered nonetheless.

The last thing i will respond to your keyboard warrior skills is go serve in a combat platoon in a warzone for real.
Go serve in a village that has 90% of the men wiped out.
go serve with your friends who you trained with, who you served with for to die for BS in Iraq. Go give all your wordly goods to a prostitute who is the last adult around who looks after 20+ orphans in Bosnia,

Oh wait you never will.. because ATS T&C is your GOD!

I like ATS but if im banned yet again then so be it... Kids still starve (apart from in your mind) and the world still gets fooked.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale

Hi there Master:

So, again, exactly how many kids have starved to death in Gaza since the blockade began?

Please give us a number, and quote your source(s).

I am not claiming (as per my previous post) that Israel has not gone too far in its blockade...in terms of the restrictions of types of goods embargoed.

But please support your idea that kids in Gaza have starved to death as a result...

Go check Airspoons thread out of the statistics of the war in Gaza... Im not here to change your mind (and im sorry if i come across pissed off) but im sick of the ignorance in this world.
Im not bothering to get the link because changing a dudes mind is the least of my worrys (no offence) but i have worse stuff to deal with this moment like floods wiping out my villages around me.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

They arn't battleships. The news media are idiots.

Our heaviest surface combat ships are Arleigh Burke class destroyers, which are about a quarter of the size of a battleship.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

we do know that... the gaza childrens are starving of toys and chocolat ...
thats a fact ..

the tunel that israel is keep destroying are for the food
they say it on the news... much of the food we receive are coming from the tunel
you are right the gaza children dont starve
its because of hamas doing everything possible to feed their people
and israel dont accept that

what else can i call israel by a respectfull manner ... MONSTERS

im racist to people who are themself big racist .. do that make me antisemite ? QUESTION OF THE HOUR

many rabbi in israel told that 1 jew is worth more then 1000 gazan
and that the arab..islam people are subhuman trash

in my good value even a small poor african boy living in a mudd house
is egal to me

i have choose my side and its the GOOD side

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Thank you for a sober comment

STAR for you!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I guess they said "battleship" as a "ship ready to go to war" or "ship ready to go on the battlefield"...

today one missile is more powerful than any WW2 battleship ! that's why you don't need any battleship with 8 300mm or 400mm canon !!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If the group of 12 plus US ships had an actual carrier with it, it was a Carrier Strike Group.

Possibly CVN-75 Harry S. Truman and its support ships.

Truman Strike Group Deploys

NORFOLK, Va. (NNS) -- The Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group (HST CSG) deployed May 21 for a six-month deployment, to the 5th and 6th fleet areas of operations, in support of maritime security operations.

www.navy.mil...

USS Harry S Truman: US' nuclear powered aircraft carrier

A general view shows the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Harry S Truman at an undisclosed position in the Mediterranean Sea, south of Sicily, June 14, 2010.

economictimes.indiatimes.com...

They would be supporting operations against Somali pirates. In order to get to those pirates one has to cross the Suez canal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join