It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.S., Israeli warships cross Suez Canal toward Red Sea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Report: U.S., Israeli warships cross Suez Canal toward Red Sea

www.haaretz.com

Egypt opposition angered at government for allowing the fleet of more than 12 ships to cross Egyptian manned waterway, Al-Quds Al-Arabi reports.
By Jack Khoury

More than twelve United States Naval warships and at least one Israeli ship crossed the Suez Canal towards the Red Sea on Friday, British Arabic Language newspaper Al-Quds Al-Arabi reported Saturday.

According to the report, thousands of Egyptian soldiers were deployed along the Suez Canal guarding the ships' passage, which included a U.S. aircraft carrier.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19/6/10 by cosmicpixie]

Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
....The Suez Canal is a strategic Egyptian waterway which connects between the Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea.

According to eyewitnesses, the U.S. battleships were the largest to have crossed the Canal in many years, Al-Quds reported.

Egyptian opposition members have criticized the government for cooperating with the U.S. and Israeli forces and allowing the ships' passage through Egyptian territorial waters.

They said the viewed the event as Egyptian participation in an international scandal, and added that the opposition would not sit with its arms crosses while the country allowed a fleet of U.S. and Israeli military ships to cross.

Interesting timing with the Iranian ships having just set sail . I can't find any other articles about it on google news yet but this is only just coming out I gather . Can we try and find out the name of these ships, when they set sail, where they were stationed before making their way here - what is this all about, is America flexing its muscles here ?

I am hearing the drums.....

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

REPORT : 12 U.S Battleships & 1 Israeli Vessel Cross Suez Canal Towards Red Sea

12Battleships????
We haven't had any Battleships on active duty for well over a decade.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Looks like the locals are falling out with yet anther puppet goverment set up by the zionists.

Where are the ships heading and does anyone beleive the UK nuclear sub is realy heading out to the falklands or are they going for another WMD war with Iran because it's sells oil and is not force to except fiat $$$$ for the exchange.

Does anyone think they are trying to control every drop of oil just so that the price of oil at the pumps go down because i don't and this scam needs to be stopped.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr

REPORT : 12 U.S Battleships & 1 Israeli Vessel Cross Suez Canal Towards Red Sea

12Battleships????
We haven't had any Battleships on active duty for well over a decade.

Not true...

U.S deploys battleships ahead of controversial North Korean long-range missile test
[3 months ago]

[edit on 6/19/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Interesting.

So Iran sends a few ships towards Gaza and the US and Israel send an entire naval fleet eh?

That seems like a good proportionate use of force..

Things are going to get VERY interesting next week. Or nothing at all will happen.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I believe this do to that Iran is sending Aid to Gaza. If the news is right a lot more ships will try to breach the Israeli blockade of Gaza in the months to come. This is a display that shows that the US will aid Israel to keep the blockade secure.

PS:

It might also have something to do with the new UN sanctions on Iran. Meaning the US will have a right to search Iranian cargo ships traveling in international waters.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The US 5th Fleet is in the area. My guess is that anyone who sees a US ship, whether is a frigate, destroyer or cruiser, will call it a "battleship". However, this is the 5th Fleets area of operation. Why would this be suspicious?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

I don't know what in the Hell you are talking about, but battleships are long gone.

No battleships serve with the U.S. Navy today

U.S. Navy

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Your link didn't work, I'm assuming your article is from the 1950's?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Interesting.

So Iran sends a few ships towards Gaza and the US and Israel send an entire naval fleet eh?

That seems like a good proportionate use of force..

Things are going to get VERY interesting next week. Or nothing at all will happen.

~Keeper

Proportional response perpetuates wars, overwhelming response perpetuates peace.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

warships...battleships...semantics. read it as "huge fricking u.s. ships" if that helps you get off this tangent.

as to the OP, are they maybe just doing war games or that practice thing they do? you know..."officially."

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

i am sure there will be some russian subs in the vicinity

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Below is a nice history of battleships from all Navy's worldwide. Including what type of vessel a battleship is.

Also,

With the decommissioning of the last Iowa-class ships, no battleships remain in service (including in reserve) with any navy worldwide.

History of the Battleship

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Im hope im wrong but if the USA is heading iran off it makes sense as isreal cowers in the corner like the little turd it is.....

So getting aid to starving kids is worth 12 battle cruisers?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

I believe the last 'true' US battleship was decommissioned around 1992/93 or so. However, Aircraft carriers are sometimes reported as battleships in news articles. Also, using the term battleship sounds more ominous.

I could be mistaken, but I also believe that Israel has a class of patrol boats that they refer to as battleships as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Isn't this thread meant to be about the fact Israeli and US ships (of some sort) are crossing the canal and the fact the Egyptins offered some sort of green light?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
...one more time from the top.....

This is the 5th fleets area of operation.....unless you see missles flying or have reports on the US fleet heading off the Iranian relief ships.....it is perfectly legit for these ships to be in this area....

everything else is speculation.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by afaik

That's what I thought too. Are the big fricking ships heading to Turkey? Iran? Just having a nice war game outing? Who knows.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Reply to post by lpowell0627

Yeah but ah if you read the article y
It says 12 us battle ships and one israeli ship. If you think they are referring to aircraft carriers as you suggest then we just sent every carrier we have to the red sea lol. If you think they are referring to the one israeli ship...well the article says 12 battle ships not one. I'm assuming you can not read though just like many others on this site.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join