It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grizzly Bear Kills Man Outside Yellowstone National Park

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Grizzly Bear Kills Man Outside Yellowstone National Park

www.foxnews.com

CHEYENNE, Wyoming -- A grizzly bear killed a man outside Yellowstone National Park, apparently just hours after researchers trapped and tranquilized the animal.

The attack happened Thursday in the same place where two researchers with the Interagency Grizzly Bear Study Team had examined a large adult male grizzly earlier that day, Park County Sheriff Scott Steward said Friday.

The suspect bear was wearing a radio collar. Authorities didn't intend to venture into the woods to chase the animal, however.

They hoped to trap it -- again -- and do DNA testing to see if it was indeed respon
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com
www.google.com

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
A team of researchers studying Grizzly Bears in the Kitty Creek

area just outside of Yellowstone on Thursday had trapped and

tranquilized 2 bears during the day for their studies. After

leaving one of the bear's to wake up, a man

may have unknowingly walked up on the waking bear.

Erwin Frank Evert, 70, of Wyoming went

out for a afternoon hike from his cabin Thursday, and when

he didn't return back his wife went looking for him. During

her search she came across a researcher who was just

about to leave the area. After informing the researcher she was

looking for her Husband, the researcher returned to the

location where they left the bear to wake up, which was only 2

miles away from the couple's cabin, there the researcher found

Erwin Frank Evert's body. It is still unknown whether it was the same bear

that was tranquilized for study earlier that killed Erwin Frank Evert.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I am sorry to (type), but if people are stupid enough to be in the Yellowstone National Park, then I would say, Yahhh! I do hope the animals eat the humans.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest
I am sorry to (type), but if people are stupid enough to be in the Yellowstone National Park, then I would say, Yahhh! I do hope the animals eat the humans.

Why would you say such a thing?

What kind of mother raises a person to think such things are acceptable to say....

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Why would you say such a thing?

What kind of mother raises a person to think such things are acceptable to say....

Sorry, I wasn't raised with a hippie family.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

Why do so many people always take the side of the animals, like the animals have any more rights to be in nature than the humans do. So who came first, the human or the bear? My point is, if I want to take a stroll through Yellowstone Park I do so at my own risk, however, I have just as much right to be there as the animals who live there. If you want to hand over all of nature to the animals while you hide out in the concrete jungle that is your business, as for me, I will enjoy this planet and go where I please.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Seriously?

Human beings are born of nature, and we're raised to forget this. The fact that you think a person deserves to be killed by wild animals for experiencing nature is only proof of the ignorance humans are living in now.

That is not to say, however, that people wont get hurt while experiencing nature, because that is what it is.

The article is interesting, but I find the response to the thread disturbing.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Nature sucks. Don't mess with it.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
If I whent to a zoo and walked into the Lions cage, would you think that the lion(s) would just allow me to walk around or to lay down to get a tan in their cage... I don't think so. If I walked into a strangers house, would ya think that the owners would just allow me to walk through, without them calling for the police? I don't think so.

Animals/Humans have the right to protect them selves, if in the situation of being threatened. It is just part of life. Survival for the Fittest. The hippie Era is over!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

By that logic you are saying that nature belongs to the animals and humans have no right to be there. So do you believe that humans are no part of nature?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

A zoo is an abomination, which can be debated in another topic.

A lions "den" in a zoo is going to be much, much smaller than their natural habitat. It also leave them no room to escape a persons presence if they were to go into the cage.

Wildlife doesn't have a "zookeeper" in the wild, and who would be calling the cops?

Hippie era? If having an understanding of nature makes me a hippie, then pass the patchouli.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Also bears don't go around tranquilizing people.

They got what they deserved.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903

By that logic you are saying that nature belongs to the animals and humans have no right to be there. So do you believe that humans are no part of nature?

I didn't say that I believe that humans are no part of nature.

So you(s) all support Japan killing all the whales in the ocean?

I am deeply sorry that I am the ONLY member of ATS who would support the wildlife.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I am deeply sorry that I am the ONLY member of ATS who would support the wildlife.

That's a bit of a stretch with Japan and the whales, this man was going for a hike and was mauled, not like he was out poaching grizzly bears.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

...That's not happening.

Why being so melodramatic?

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by trolleleet

The guy that was killed was an older man hiking in the park. What is so bad about hiking that he would "deserve" to get killed?

[edit on 19-6-2010 by draevin]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

That's a bit of a stretch with Japan and the whales, this man was going for a hike and was mauled, not like he was out poaching grizzly bears.

Maybe the bear didn't see the "Do Not Kill The Humans - signpost"

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

...That's not happening.

Why being so melodramatic?

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Exuberant1]

Maybe I do watch the news to see What_Is Happening.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Why is it stupid the be there? Hiking?

There are risks of animals defending their territory, etc, but this guy didn't "deserve" to die because he was simply there.

No one is against the bear. Or the whales (seriously you compare an old man hiking in the woods to people killing whales?) for that matter.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Ok Gordon,

In case you haven't figured it out yet, humans ARE at the top of the food chain. It is us humans who take into consideration the needs of the animals and establish parks like Yellowstone so animals can still have places to live. If we really wanted to we could bring about the extinction of all animals on the planet but we don't because we do have compassion and try to co-exist with them.

An unfortunate accident happened and an old man lost his life, it wasn't his fault and it wasn't the bear's fault.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join