It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all this mad weather..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Everytime the news comes on is flooding kills , or tornadoes lash.
France has had fatal flooding, now this from China..

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

LOL, you see, that's why we're soooo dooooomed. Because few can answer that one, or probably don't want to know the answer. It's of course all caused by mother natures revenge. Or, in religious terms, your god(s) are apparently angry with humanity. You kick a dog, it will bite you. You kick a planet, it will bite you too. We're trashing the planet and mother nature is responding in kind. Go ahead, you can verify this for yourself. Spit on the planet and I bet you another Earthquake will eventually happen somewhere on this planet. The gods are mad at us.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Well, obody wants to here about the good weather. Of course when you turn on the news then you are going to hear about natural disasters...they seem to be the hot topic at the moment. By the way, why do you find tornados "mad" at this time of the year? It is the tail end of the tornado season

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Flooding occurs in China all the time. In fact, around the world flooding is one of the most commonplace of all serious weather events.

And the current flooding in China, Myanmar, Bangladesh etc is just down to the annual monsoon. Aided a little by human stupidity in chopping down all the trees. It happens every year. Just as tornadoes happen every spring in the USA and it rains every summer in the UK.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
As an example, this is from 10th June 2009:

Southern China Lashed by Deadly Flood Season

Whilst this is from 28th June 2009:

Czech floods widen, death toll rises to 13

(the flooding in Eastern Europe happened a few weeks earlier this year)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I know why the weather is so crazy....the answers are fairly simple. The easiest is there is no such thing as normal weather. Then there is the fact that while science can come close to predicting weather trends there are certain things their models cannot account for example clouds. So just because something was not expected does not mean it is out of the ordinary. The other is media hype, the weather is always crazy somewhere at any given moment, right now crazy weather stories are selling. And im pretty positive there are many more answers that im missing.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

What about all that ice melting and evaporating, it has to go somewhere.

Here in the midwest USA we are seeing rain almost daily now, and not light rain for a couple hours. We are getting intense cloudbursts. Speaking of clouds, they are huge too.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Global Weather Modification, or GeoEngineering comes to mind. The entire ecosystem is out of balance due to a myriad of weather modification techniques, including Chemtrails.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned

including Chemtrails

This is why we can't have nice things.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
THere are normal weather events and then there is abnormal. Yes we are in tornado and hurricane season in the US. Normal, 1,2,3 hurricanes making landfall a year. Abnormal,10. Just because it happens during the designated time doesn't automatically make it normal across the board.

The peak of the hurricane season is August and September. Have 5 tornadoes before then? Abnormal.

Despite what people think, the most destructive hurricane happened in the early 19th century. Not Andrew or Katrina.

I agree that flooding is normal. It only became a problem for the people that moved in. And people forget that there are 100 year, even 500 year floods. We just had our 100 year snowstorm.

I grew up in Pittsburgh, where flooding is an everyday part of life. BUT, you knew alternate routes and when it was going to happen. You could predict it. When you can no longer predict it, then it is abnormal.

You have to look at records to see what is abnormal.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by redeyedwonder

I know..it's been crazy lately..im sick of all the rain and the storms..after going through may 8 (inland hurricane) last year, i panic with every storm that comes by. Here are some pics of the one the other morning..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e235ffec1cc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21b7db0c90f9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Those are awesome clouds...thanks for sharing them.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by redeyedwonder

What about all that ice melting and evaporating, it has to go somewhere.

Here in the midwest USA we are seeing rain almost daily now, and not light rain for a couple hours. We are getting intense cloudbursts. Speaking of clouds, they are huge too.

Mid Canada also, they figure the price of wheat might be way up next year, Saskatchewan had record rainfall, most in 30 years. Crops couldn't go in, tractors are stuck in many flooded fields. When Sask can't grow food, that's bad for many.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Is that second picture the eye of the storm? That is what is looks like.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Second picture is of an approaching gust front, which is the leading edge or a storm system. It is often associated with low pressure systems which the poster explained

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I personally don't think that the weather's any crazier than usual, it's just that the usual weather is getting a lot more screen time than they used to. Just more fear to keep people stirred up.

For example---

I am in southwest Missouri. We get a lot of tornados. We get a lot of flash floods. In the winter, we get ice storms. It's always been that way and I'm sure always will.

Ten years ago, if you heard a tornado warning on the radio or the TV, it meant that a tornado had actually been spotted somewhere. A tornado watch meant that weather conditions were favorable for creating them. In the town where I lived, if the tornado sirens went off it meant that not only had a tornado been sighted, it was close enough (a few miles) to town that you actually ought to take shelter just in case.

Now, when a storm is brewing there are emergency alerts all over the radio before the storm even hits. OMG, there's a thunderstorm coming that could possibly spawn tornados (it's not here yet, much less spawning tornados) TAKE COVER NOW!!!! IF YOU DON'T TAKE COVER YOU'RE TAKING YOUR LIFE IN YOUR HANDS!!! ....sometimes before the sky has even clouded up. The tornado sirens go off throughout the entire storm, whether or not a tornado is ever spotted anywhere. I remember once, a couple of years ago, when the sirens started going off while the sky was STILL CLEAR AND SUNNY, and continued all through the afternoon and night. They began hours before the storm hit, and continued all afternoon and all night till nearly daylight when the storm finally wound down.

Tornado sirens. While the sky was still sunny.

It's all about fear.

new topics

top topics

join