It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Dead in South Africa from botched circumcisions.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This is a horrible procedure. We've been doing it for so long noone questions it anymore. It's actually expected.
I had thought better than getting it done to my boy but My X insisted that He would get a lot of flack as He got older and the Dr. 2nd it. My reasoning was I didnt want to inflict pain on Him. It actually took a while to heal because it was cut too short.
The crapper is that it's not even medically necessary. It doesnt keep it any cleaner and I think sex would be more fulfilling if the penis were uncut??
I think society should take a deeper look into why we do this, just doesnt make sense to me??

Kim

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Not sure where ur from but in the US u can get it done at any age. They dont recommend it bcuz it's 'extremely painful', cuz it's not in babies??
I think it would be quite a surprise to come across a man who isnt circumcised. I think if u develope a relationship with a guy before u sleep with Him it might not be so 'weird'. You can 'prep' urself..LOL. I'd think germs in there right away cuz I'm neurotic like that..I wouldnt be completely opposed though depends on the relationship..I think...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The following short Youtube clip outlines the official rationale for male circumcision in Africa.
www.youtube.com...
I can understand that a crisis situation (although in SA HIV-infections rates are dropping since the removal of Thabo Mbeki and his denialists ideas) demands any possible intervention. It is just that such interventions give implied unwanted messages as a side-effect.
The implied message may be that circumcized men can regard themselves as safe (just like life-long blood donor bans for gay men in some countries imply that being straight is superior to the point of being immune to HIV).
Such messages can have all kinds of negative consequences.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I can only imagen that it is more hygeneic for men to be circumcized, but i dont have a penis, i'm not a doctor and ive never read anything suggesting that.
However, i would like to add that foreskin isnt exactly appealing (And i'm just saying for those guys who think that all women love it) I personall am not a fan,
Those with foreskin need not apply!
But seriously, if any of you can link to an article about the hygene side of it i'd be greatful.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
This is just another tragedy that is incomprehensable. For any looking for scientific facts, there aren't any. This is a country where according to the PRESIDENT, taking a shower reduces the risk of HIV infection.

www.iol.co.za... d=nw20100624223659906C651636

Thirty-three boys have died from botched circumcisions conducted during traditional initiation rites, while scores more have ended up in hospital with mutilated penises, a health official said on Thursday.

Scores of other boys were in hospital after circumcisions gone wrong, with two gangrenous penises amputated in hospital this week, he added.

But they still flock to initiation schools in the bush, because the faster and less painful medical method in hospital can result in a lifetime of social rejection.

SCORES ...

As i understand, circumcisions were invented by that lot of homeless people running around the desert all those years ago. Yes, in dry dusty conditions with no water to clean oneself, circumcision OF BABIES is possibly going to help, the personal hygiene situation.

This is not about circumcision per se, its about initiation into adult society, mostly. The problem is that under the TRIBAL authorities, crazy "witch doctors" with zero medical training are those who are doing the actual procedures. this is done in the bush, in (currently) sub zero temperatures, without any sterile tools. It is also staunchly defended against criticism because of the "traditional" nature of the event.

It's also likely that parents are threatened should they not trust said "witch doctors". I have to add, it's also very expensive (for them).

There is no oversight, no laws against this, and certainly nothing in th pipeline to end this barbarity.

Thanks for sharing this OP.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

You, as a women, saying that uncircumcised is not appealing just gave me the right to say if those breasts aren't augmented and bouncy, no need to apply. / sarcasm

The majority of the world is uncircumcised, and the rate of circumcision in Canada and the US are dropping, so get used to it.

Genital mutilation of boys is just as barbaric as genital mutilation of girls.

And who gives a rats a$$ about cultural "norms". Cultural norms didn't stop everybody from stopping female genital mutilation.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

You, as a women, saying that uncircumcised is not appealing just gave me the right to say if those breasts aren't augmented and bouncy, no need to apply. / sarcasm

The majority of the world is uncircumcised, and the rate of circumcision in Canada and the US are dropping, so get used to it.

Genital mutilation of boys is just as barbaric as genital mutilation of girls.

And who gives a rats a$$ about cultural "norms". Cultural norms didn't stop everybody from stopping female genital mutilation.

I agree, Breasts should be augmented and bouncy, Would you mind paying for that? And the reason you would expect them to be that was is obviously nothing to do with the media pushing that image /Sarcasm.
Not like you have famous males showing off their uncircumsized penis.

As for the rate of circumision dropping well, thats a shame. I think less and less guys will be getting some which might be good for the worlds population.

But yeah, choice is essential for either sex. Circumcision i agree is basicly genital multilation covered with a nice name-tag. If a male does not want his foreskin cut off then it shouldnt be done, same goes for girls.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Yowzers , if you come near my boy child with that intent god help you!
Really are women so brainwashed that you cant defend a child against bloody doctors. My son is 8 and has yet to have blood extracted from him for any reason , never mind any other jiggery pokery. He arrived a perfect package.

I watched this on the bbc and was horrified to discover that it was so routine... children dont belong to the parent!

ok cant embed u tuber

Dr. Money And The Boy With No Penis

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5-7-2010 by BANANAMONTANA]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join