It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human race will be extinct in 100 years

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Human race will be extinct in 100 years, claim the headlines

I don't believe it

But I think it would be great, if true

for many reasons

And makes me laugh thinking about what God and the Debil would do

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
You Know something, We all see Doomsday headlines everyday... 100 years is the most optimistic one I have seen lately. better 100 years from now then 2010... at least by then we should have colony's on other planets. 100 years? this is good news.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo

People were not talking about now but the future, okay 100 years is way off but what xxxx years will it be there is a limit if we keep populating.

I would not worry too much about the population boom. The age of breeding like rabbits is gone. People now defer having kids as long as possible. It is very much an economics thing and education plays a part. You will find that in the third world there is still a need to educate people about the consequence of having too many children.

I remember recently that some european countries were encouraging their citizens to reproduce because of the falling birth rate. This could have been a right-wing thing.

Perhaps there is a case to promote the concept of fewer children. But alas this will be regarded by some as "NWO starting de-population".

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
99.9% of species that ever lived on Earth,

are now extinct.

would be so vain to think we will escape that fate - esp once one factor NWO's depop being implemented not in 100 yrs, but right now already.

www.redorbit.com...

""The Aborigines showed that without science and the production of carbon dioxide and global warming, they could survive for 40,000 or 50,000 years. But the world can’t. The human species is likely to go the same way as many of the species that we’ve seen disappear."

"Mitigation would slow things down a bit, but there are too many people here already."

Other scientists share his opinion as well.

Stephen Boyden, a colleague of Fenner and a long-time friend, says there is deep pessimism among some ecologists.

"Frank may be right, but some of us still harbor the hope that there will come about an awareness of the situation and, as a result, the revolutionary changes necessary to achieve ecological sustainability," Boyden, an immunologist who turned to human ecology later in his career, told The Australian.

"That’s where Frank and I differ. We’re both aware of the seriousness of the situation, but I don’t accept that it’s necessarily too late. While there’s a glimmer of hope, it’s worth working to solve the problem. We have the scientific knowledge to do it but we don’t have the political will."

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
extinct ?

meh, we've made it through ice ages, what's a few wars over food ?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo
Hey I don't know if he is anywhere near right and I'm guessing nether does he. But one thing is for sure we are going to reach the maximum number of people that this planet can support eventually. There is a finite number we cannot stand shoulder to shoulder.

If we crack fusion we may be able to extend a few years but eventually food will become an issue.

The human race will be extinct in 100 years, a top scientist in Australia credited with helping wipe out smallpox believes.

Humans devouring natural resources and population numbers exploding daily have made microbiology professor Frank Fenner a pessimist.

"We're going to become extinct," Fenner, 95, told The Australian newspaper. "Whatever we do now is too late.

"Frank may well be right," retired Professor Stephen Boyden said, "but some of us believe there will come about an awareness of the situation (with the resulting) revolutionary changes necessary to achieve ecological sustainability."

Umm I am wondering why we don't have an "awareness of the situation" right now. Yes well some of us do but the majority do not, I agree. Switching out the lights for 1 hour each year is not doing it again I know its an awareness thing but where do we cross this line and say to the public even number houses cannot use electricity or you cannot drive your car on weekends - something like that.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Is it really an irreversible situation.

MJ2
[edit on 19-6-2010 by majestictwo]

Look, people like Paul Ehrlich and John Holdren predicted back in the 60's that we'd have worldwide famine and food shortages in the 1970's and '80's. We were all supposed to be dead by 1980, as a matter of fact.Their predictions were the basis for disaster films like Soylent Green. The alarmism of Ehrlich's book The Population Bomb, according to the author, was justified because "it alerted people to the importance of environmental issues and brought human numbers into the debate on the human future."

Which is the same tactic used by the global warming scaremongers, I might add. Scaring people to death is AOK as long as it furthers your agenda.

Ehrlich and Holdren advocated putting chemicals in our drinking water to sterilize us, among other draconian measures.

John Holdren is, of course, Obama's science czar.

The thing to keep in mind here is that such extreme predictions are never right. They make a Malthusian argument that population will always outstrip food production, but they never take technological advances into account when making their predictions. In addition, the population is predicted to drop by 2050, not increase. .

The reason people starve is not due to lack of food production. We produce enough food to feed every man, woman, and child. Political instability is the reason most people experience starvation--the powers that be don't allow their people access to food.

edit on 10/5/2011 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
simple.POPULATION CONTROLL

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
There are many eminent scientists who have been saying this for decades.

In a hundred years, the most fit of our species will be colonizing the galaxy.

Plenty of resources out in space.

Problem solved.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silend
simple.POPULATION CONTROLL

Great. How do you propose to do that?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

What you or I propose doesn't matter.

It's already being handled.

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure."-Agent Smith --The Matrix

edit on 5-10-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

What you or I propose doesn't matter.

It's already being handled.

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure."-Agent Smith --The Matrix

edit on 5-10-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

We are not a virus. We are part of life on this planet and have been for 7 million years.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

We're a cancer of this planet.

If you can't see that, you're terribly deluded, and I have nothing further to discuss with you.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Our current population is a direct result of the industrial revolution of 100 years ago. It will pass. The population will normalize. It is normalizing now. In most industrial societies, the birth rate is at or below replacement levels. Nature will have her way, regardless of Man's feeble attempts to manipulate it.

Locally sustainable and dispersed societies will benefit. The rest will have a tough go of it. If you depend on food, water, fuel and material goods from far away, you will have problems in the future.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
As others have said, over population is a complete and utter myth...it isn't even debatable. We have the technology and resources to live an even better quality of life than we do right now, as does every person in the world(and should)....that is not even taking in to account the new wave of technologies that will come about in the next 50 years...not implementing new technology on a large scale along with not spreading resources equally is the problem, not the population.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

You just cant implement a lot of the higher tech with all the degenerates out there.

Were already concerned about nukes getting into the hands of foolish psychos.

Spreading resources evenly would be highly immoral, in my assessment.

It a practice of dysgenics.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Sounds like the ramblings of a 95 year old codger if you ask me. Lets face it. Once you get that old, everything looks bleak because you are coming to terms with your own mortality.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
What is this you say O.P..."we will be extinct in 100 years"??????

HELL I'M SUPRISED WE ARE STILL HERE!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

We're a cancer of this planet.

If you can't see that, you're terribly deluded, and I have nothing further to discuss with you.

Spoken like a true Club of Rome adherent. Or Paul Ehrlich, as quoted in the book I mentioned earlier:

"A cancer is an uncontrolled multiplication of cells; the population explosion is an uncontrolled multiplication of people. We must shift our efforts from the treatment of the symptoms to the cutting out of the cancer. The operation will demand many apparently brutal and heartless decisions.''

Don't discuss it, then. Your choice. Just like most ideologists, you prefer to bury your head instead of engaging in productive discussion, resorting to ad hominem when you have no other argument. Good job. That certainly helps us solve our problems, doesn't it?

If we are indeed a cancer, the microbes will take care of us. It's their planet, not ours.

edit on 10/5/2011 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Solomons

You just cant implement a lot of the higher tech with all the degenerates out there.

Were already concerned about nukes getting into the hands of foolish psychos.

Spreading resources evenly would be highly immoral, in my assessment.

It a practice of dysgenics.

This attitude is exactly why we have famine (which encompasses more than the inability to grow food, by the way) and food shortages.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Seen from a one-dimensional perspective I agree with the OP.

However, does not every prophecy state that there will be a new world, completely different from the current one, after the Great Judgment? And only good people can make it into the new world and there will be a lot of suffering before that world arrives. Why must there be alof of suffering?

Imagine how much karma mankind accumulated over the last 50 years. Does not the characteristics of the Universe force people to pay back all their debts sooner or later? That is why there will be a Great Judgment. But good people will not be affected since they don´t accumulate alot of black karma. So this principle is supernormal since our current science can only see things in this dimension. As soon as we take a multidimensional approach our understanding will be completely different. Just like UFOs etc can travel between dimensions.

If anything, there is hope for all people in this world. There is a way out and a higher science in this world and it is called Falun Dafa and it is based on Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in daily life. If there is alof of negatives created in this world there has to be a positive created to balance everything. Falun Dafa has been kept secret to mankind since the beginning of times but was made public in 1992 in China and has spread like fire across the world since it is unique, free of charge and involves cultivation of both mind and body, giving the practitioner peace of mind and perfect health.

It will allow people to improve, to understand the characteristics of the Universe and assimilate themselves to this characteristics. And for the first time since the beginning of times there is a chance to really get out of the reincarnation loop.

I believe that each person who cherishes Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in their hearts and hence think that Falun Dafa is good will have a great future beyond this somber world and be saved.

Just my two cents, no truth offered whatsoever.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

edit on 6-10-2011 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join