It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Oil and the Political Agenda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

BP Oil and the Political Agenda

I know everyone has been focusing on the damaging effects this oil spill has been causing with animals/plants and everything else physical that goes along with a disaster, but I wish to bring up some of the political aspects of of all of this, and I found this article (with videos) I thought I'd share... bare in mind that this is not all just about the political part of this spill, it also talks about the detrimental effects this is having and going to have on the eco system.

According to F. William Engdahl, author of 'A Century of War' about oil and politics, he states in his latest article from June 10th, that, "The Obama Administration and Senior BP officials are frantically working not to stop the world's worst oil disaster, but to hide the true extent of the actual ecological catastrophe." Engdahl says, "Coast Guard and Corps of Engineers experts estimate that if the ocean geyser is not stopped within 90 days, there will be irreversible damage to the marine eco-systems of the Gulf of Mexico, north Atlantic Ocean, and beyond". The the lack of action has been beyond appalling in both the failure to stop the oil spew and the cleanup.

In a communication with Mr. Engdahl, he wrote that the urgent priority is to stop the flow of the deep channel undersea, which he characterized as colossal and apocalyptic, particularly since Obama and BP show no signs of interest in doing this.

The oil flow has been repeatedly underestimated, Obama refused help from foreign oil skimming ships, chemical dispersant was used to submerge the oil and kept out of the public's sight, the EPA has engaged in delaying approval for cleanup products use, local workers have been turned away from the site and the media has been shut out. It appears that BP and Obama want this devastating situation to continue.

Despite BP's claims that no one has been barred from access to the media, a local Louisiana news crew arrived on a cleanup site and were met by security guards who would not allow them interviews with the workers. See the confrontation here:

In a video produced by actor Edward James Olmos, he speaks with local Louisiana residents about BP's clean up "efforts" and the delay tactics that BP has employed. Here is what they said:

How could BP possibly benefit from this disaster? F. William Engdahl asserts that "peak oil" is a myth. Oil prices can be kept high when oil is scarce, so it is not in the financial interest of oil companies to drill and develop more oil which would decrease oil prices. Obama has now placed a moratorium on offshore drilling. While the Gulf travesty will cost BP billions of dollars, it is a pittance compared to their usual large profits. With limits on offshore drilling and future laws preventing energy independence, the price of oil is likely to rise. It is BP's responsibility to stop the oil geyser and to pay for the cleanup. Those who are hindering the process should be arrested.

According to G. Edward Griffin, it is not the role of the government to repair oil leaks and clean up spills unless the damage is such that it endangers the lives or property of its citizens, which is the case at present. Therefore, the government now has a primary responsibility in coping with this disaster. Federal and State legislatures have the authority to call for the arrest and prosecution of anyone who is hindering the repair and cleanup of the oil spill, including BP executives and those holding government office.

Obama is not using his authority to stop the damage in the Gulf, but is more concerned with passing the Senate version of the Cap-and-Trade bill, called the American Power Act, per his speech on June 16th. He also heavily promoted 'clean energy' like solar and wind power that are inefficient and unrealistic at this time (Spain's economy was decimated when they invested in solar and wind). Obama's control over the military has expanded, especially with the US Coast Guard, he has gained financial control over National Disaster funding for the states and he has the coercive power of the military to force BP to pay for the oil gusher mess, as well as the authority to direct BP's actions for repair and cleanup. Yet he has been remiss in in using this power toward effective solutions.

Read the full article (and watch the rest of the videos) here

After you read this, and watch the videos, you will notice what the author of the article is getting at. What stuck out to me is this:

"According to G. Edward Griffin, it is not the role of the government to repair oil leaks and clean up spills unless the damage is such that it endangers the lives or property of its citizens, which is the case at present. Therefore, the government now has a primary responsibility in coping with this disaster."

Oddly enough, are we seeing this? Or let me rephrase that, how much of this 'help' are we seeing? What is being hidden from us?

It seems more and more information that has been shielded from us is popping up literally every single day. I just hope that more independent journalists, as well as the every day citizen(s), keep on working on finding the answers and putting it out there for all of us to see.

There is a lot of information in this article, which is accompanied by videos, so for now this is all I have to comment with, but I'd like to hear what you all have to say.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I understand.

But it is difficult to accept that gaining material wealth (contrived as it is) can drive people to justify the event.

Be it systemic or programmatic, the problem is both corporate and political (assuming they are not now one in the same.)

It will be a difficult proposition to break the choke hold, and it will take more than platitudes to conceal this problem. Which of course seems not their intent,, but instead to keep us frantically trying to get to the truth.

It's late here.... but this looks to be a great thread!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I understand.

But it is difficult to accept that gaining material wealth (contrived as it is) can drive people to justify the event.

Be it systemic or programmatic, the problem is both corporate and political (assuming they are not now one in the same.)

It will be a difficult proposition to break the choke hold, and it will take more than platitudes to conceal this problem. Which of course seems not their intent,, but instead to keep us frantically trying to get to the truth.

Well said.. I think it's relatively obvious to anybody who can think outside the box that "corporate and political" most certainly belong in the same sentence.

I think it's impossible for normal people to fathom "justifying" an event such as this. It's probably better that we CAN'T understand this version of justification. That being said, the very system is destroying itself from within because of such acts as it only helps to wake people up.

I struggle with this feeling and it's hard to say but, an event like this is what NEEDS to happen to help wake many up and indeed, "break the choke hold" that you refer to. There are so many out there who get all their info from simple MSM news and take it all as gospel. Minus an event like this that is so catastrophic that they can no longer deny that they are being lied to and the world is not as it seems.... I'm most certainly not happy about it, nor do I wish death to any species. I'm simply referring to the event alone...

Maybe this is what it's gonna take. Regardless, mother earth is pissed and showing us that the ways of old are no longer going to work!

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Ouroborus2012]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

That is the thing, they are concealing so much (or so we believe) and it is causing people to question their own government (and not just us conspirators, but the everyday citizen is seeing that they are being lied too).

And yes I wish this thread got some more attention, it's a good topic and I'd really like to see what everyone else is thinking about all of this politically - how there is a lack of help from our own govt. and that they refuse to allow anyone to help clean this mess up.

Originally posted by Ouroborus2012
I struggle with this feeling and it's hard to say but, an event like this is what NEEDS to happen to help wake many up and indeed, "break the choke hold" that you refer to.

Isn't that sad? It's like the saying about how you don't release what you've lost until it's gone... well that applies here as well. Only problem is, is that this is on a global scale; this isn't an issue in your life where you've lost your girlfriend and are only now realizing that you miss her. This is mother earth we're losing, and it's bigger than any of us - this is something the human species had a part in - we need to fix this as much as possible, and allow the earth to do it's thing... it can wipe us out whenever it wishes; whether or not you believe it, the earth is basically one giant living organism, it can only take so much before it decides to fight back against the abuse it's had - and part of that (the largest part) is wiping everything clean and allowing life to start over... could be wrong but it sounds plausible.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
good thread
bad news
so they kill of all the water and codex is just past im just REALLY glad im no in america wright now
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 27-6-2010 by icecold7]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7
im just REALLY glad im no in america wright now
www.youtube.com...

You won't be glad for long. If we survive this, BP will be drilling in your backyard soon enough.

Drillers may go where the rules matter less

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

Isn't that sad? It's like the saying about how you don't release what you've lost until it's gone... well that applies here as well. Only problem is, is that this is on a global scale; this isn't an issue in your life where you've lost your girlfriend and are only now realizing that you miss her. This is mother earth we're losing, and it's bigger than any of us - this is something the human species had a part in - we need to fix this as much as possible, and allow the earth to do it's thing... it can wipe us out whenever it wishes; whether or not you believe it, the earth is basically one giant living organism, it can only take so much before it decides to fight back against the abuse it's had - and part of that (the largest part) is wiping everything clean and allowing life to start over... could be wrong but it sounds plausible.

Yeah, it definitely is sad...And I most certainly believe that earth is one big organism. I also believe that she is a conscious organism as well and she is spitting our oil back in our faces to give us one last shot at changing our ways and ending our addiction to oil and the government and power structure that comes with it...

Like I said above, it's sad and it sucks but hopefully this is the "game changer" that we need to collapse the current paradigm!!

top topics

join