It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something VERY significant should be located at this coordinate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Q_Llama
redgy's point is exactly what came to mind for me as I watched that interesting video.

What redgy is stating is that the point where Mecca is located is not the only point on the Earth which would fit the Golden Mean measurement. We, humans, have come to view Earth a certain way, with the Northern Hemisphere being "up" and the Southern Hemisphere being "down". However, I do not believe that there is any reason why we could not reverse that perspective and view them the other way around. So, by considering the Southern Hemisphere as "up" and the Northern Hemisphere as "down", you're turning the map 180 degrees or spinning a globe upside down. If that were done, at what point on the planet would the Golden Mean point lie?

EDIT: The reason we're asking is because by turning the map or globe upside down, this should show that there is a second Golden Mean point. Any idea where it is located?

[edit on 19-6-2010 by John_Q_Llama]

There would still be another mean point but it still isn't the correct one as the correct one has to be shown correctly and it has to be shown 2 dimensionally as well as 3 dimensionally.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

I don't buy this at all. I wonder.. could the people who wrote and produced this video be.. Muslim?

These things are all coincidence. Mecca must not be the only city that lines up like this on the earth. And it must have not always been so taking into account the pole shifts and continental drift over the years.

I have seen other videos that claim mathematical numbers of God are represented in many things in this world and the universe. Different numbers that do not point to Mecca. So, who's right? They both are because there are so many mathematical relationships all over the place that these coincidences are easy to find.

No miracle here, just propaganda.

As for your coords... why don't you just use an astronomy program like Celestia to see whats there?
www.shatters.net...

You might also try Google Sky. This will close in on very far places and show pics of the area taken with serious telescopes like the Hubble.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
A couple more things come to mind as well. In the movie they show that Mecca is the Golden Mean point of Earth. However, they are basing that on two things which can easily be changed. The first is that the north-south measurement could be done at any other latitude. For example, one could claim that the Golden Mean point is somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean. The other thing pertains to that map that they used. Maps are man-made forms of documentation which reflect the layout of the Earth. What if a quarter of the map were chopped off one side and attached to the other side? The Golden Mean point would no longer fall on Mecca.

I still have to say that the content of the video was fascinating. But I think there are some holes in the way that they show Mecca as being a Golden Mean point.

Gentill Abdulla, thanks for sharing! I may have to do further reading on the Golden Ratio in the near future.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Pretty impressive calculations. Are you 100% sure?

If so then you may have something here! But even just 10 light years out in any direction and you have egg on your face!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by C11H17N2NaO2S

Pretty impressive calculations. Are you 100% sure?

If so then you may have something here! But even just 10 light years out in any direction and you have egg on your face!

I am positive. It took me a few days to do it though.

The distance is far but it is till within our range so why not go look.(Assuming we could somehow get someone to look at that range.)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Oh, getting back to your point for this thread....

I'd really like to know what you find to be the point on Earth that lines up with the Golden Mean in regards to your measurements of the universe. If it does wind up being right smack dab on Mecca, well that would definitely be fascinating. I've got no idea what it means, and what significance it would hold, but it sure would make me stop and think.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
So just what does that mean, I know we are not in the center of the Universe, but towards the center.
In reguards to where the Earth is in concideration of the location being the Golden Ratio, does that mean the Earth was made first, the rest of the Universe came later like as stated in the Bible, Koran, or Tora.
This would infer place as to where the Earth is, in relation to Universe, if Golden Ratio was standard Blue print, which seems so.
But would this also infer Mecca was first and thus center of Universe, using Golden Ratio what is exact first point of Creation in Mecca, I know I can't go there, or I think I can't not go there, but still wonder where location is in Mecca.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by googolplex]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
it is only found through looking at earth as a flat 2d plane, where n,s are given points and e,w then correlates.

but as a 3d sphere, n,s still are given points but e,w then becomes random from where this phi point is generated. n,s don't even need to be turned upside down for it to change.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

I don't buy this at all. I wonder.. could the people who wrote and produced this video be.. Muslim?

These things are all coincidence. Mecca must not be the only city that lines up like this on the earth. And it must have not always been so taking into account the pole shifts and continental drift over the years.

I have seen other videos that claim mathematical numbers of God are represented in many things in this world and the universe. Different numbers that do not point to Mecca. So, who's right? They both are because there are so many mathematical relationships all over the place that these coincidences are easy to find.

No miracle here, just propaganda.

It might not have always been the Kabbah but still interesting nonetheless.

Actually where it is now is and will always be the actual phi point. AS it is intersecting with all other phi points on a planetary scale.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I'm reposting this lil bit in case you missed my Edit.

As for your coords... why don't you just use an astronomy program like Celestia to see whats there?
www.shatters.net...

You might also try Google Sky. This will close in on very far places and show pics of the area taken with serious telescopes like the Hubble.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by redgy

As a z factor, maybe it would be a spiral fibonacci sequence, but then it would have to be left or right, or could it be both, with double Zs.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I'm reposting this lil bit in case you missed my Edit.

www.shatters.net...

Thanks I'm installing Celestia right now.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla

Cool.
Please post your findings as I'm curious about what you discover.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

BTW.. Celestia does not have photos of the areas.. but Google Sky will if that area of space has been imaged before.

Google Sky is a feature built into Google Earth. I suggest you try both of them.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

BTW.. Celestia does not have photos of the areas.. but Google Sky will if that area of space has been imaged before.

Google Sky is a feature built into Google Earth. I suggest you try both of them.

Thanks luckily I already had google earth. Celestia sucks for me right now.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

hehehe.. you know.. Google Earth has so much stuff in it I used it for two years before I discovered Google Sky and Google Moon and Google Mars.. all built in.. very cool. The pics get better each year and you can look at the same area in different times in the past from the time Google Earth started years ago.. it's a very useful tool that's often overlooked.

I wish you luck on finding something juicy.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Which way is up?
And why?

[edit on 6/19/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Which way is up?
And why?

Up is up. It is that way because that is the reference I used in calculating the coordinates.

Yes I know the Parity law about the universe. Don't you remember the thread I had about it?(I can't keep expecting people to see my threads)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Up from you? Up from me? Up from the north pole of the Earth? Up from the north pole of the Sun? Up from Mecca? Well, that depends on the time of day.

The problem is that your idea seems to be geocentric. The Earth is not the center of anything and up to you is not the same as up to me. There are a lot of "ups" out there and most of them are in different directions. Your coordinates are based on which "up"?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Up from you? Up from me? Up from the north pole of the Earth? Up from the north pole of the Sun?

The problem is that your idea seems to be geocentric. The Earth is not the center of anything and up to you is not the same as up to me. There are a lot of "ups" out there and most of them are in different directions.

I never implied it was.

If you want to get technical up is classified as any angle that is less than 180 degrees from a certain reference point. The telescope being the "bent part" and straight being an imaginary line that is exactly 180 degrees.

Thus up is classified as an angle less than 180 degrees.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join