It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RI boy who made banned toy soldier hat gets medal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeedBump

Yea it's like " Hey kid, we are going to send your dad to get shot at with real guns and if he dies , he dies, but we can not allow you to draw plastic guns "

I mean WHAT !!!!! ???

Can we just admit that we Americans....about 150 million of us are literally retarded....

And that in no way shape or form is a dis to the mentally and physically challenged.

They have disabilities and fight through them to maintain a somewhat normal lifestyle..there is SO much respect for that. they are smart considering what they deal with.

It's all the suposedly "normal " Americans who just have the Dumbest ideas about life and how things should be that ruin it for us...

We need an America 2 like ESPN has and just ship all these dumb dumb's over there.....

I'm sure we could easily trick them into going on their own free will..after all...they are not that smart.......

( and don't give me the "look who's talking " just because of a few gramatical errors.

But

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This school should be shamed by the public country wide and should be called out for their actions in the manner. I am actually surprised they did not suspend or expel him the way most schools have been handling stuff like this.

The public school system is an utter and complete failure because of teachers and rulings such as this one. This schools phones should be ringing off the hook with support for the kid. The school board should be publicly shamed as well for not stepping in and fixing the situation, in fact the mayor of the town should as well also.

I am not advocating war (this one in particularly) but the idea that banning a hat with toy soldiers glued to it is flat out stupid. You cannot fix this kind of stupid, you can only push it away to go be stupid in a different way that will not affect others. That teacher and those in charge at this school should be flipping burgers some place.

Raist

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This is why our school system is failing. It has been invaded by pseudointellectualism, a type of false intellectualism that falls far short of true intellectualism due to its utter ignorance of logic.

When my 12 year old was in first grade, they did a project where the kids laid down on paper and then traced themselves. When they finished they were to color it like themselves, with the clothes they were wearing.

When my son had finished drawing himself, or tracing himself, he stood up. His teacher immediately became very, very upset with him. She didn't say much to him, but her reaction told him he had done something wrong. Being a first grader, he started crying.

I was called in immediately by the teacher and counselor. I thought something horrible had happened, and i sped from work to his school. When i got there, i was confronted by two angry women, pointing to the artwork of my "little pervert". I didn't see what the issue was, but they were all to eager to point it out to me: when he had traced his crotch area, there was this little bump where the wee wee would be. This bump was very miniscule, and actually represented the seam of his jeans combined with the clumsy tracing of a hard to reach area by a plump 7 year old. It made a bump that was about 1/2" long and wide, just like the seam on this jeans. I didn't even have to ask him to know what it was, actually....but when i did he confirmed it (and recreated it when he redrew his picture).

Oh, man....i lost it. I came unglued. I became Bigscaryangrytexan. Now, he is no angel, but at that age he was not cognizant of such material. The fact that this harpy had projected her perverse supposition onto my child, without so much as asking him to clarify what she was seeing, was more than my patience could withstand.

I was on good terms with the principle, and discussed it with him (loudly). He took care of the issue. But it is indicative of the same problem. I have since seen her, and she has since apologized. I declined to accept it, and told her that my disdain for her should serve as a reminder when she is dealing with peoples children in the future. Education is no place for small and petty minds.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Education is no place for small and petty minds.

You are absolutely right.

It's a shame that our education system seems to be so full of them today.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

The boy only recieved this medal because of his belief in our nation and beleif in our armed forces. This commie teacher

Then punish this "commie" teacher but giving this boy a medal is a propaganda soviet Russia could have used.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

What a rabbit hole we live in, eh?
Yes, I am glad he got some positive after the police state BS, but the whole Military-techno-industrial thing must go if we are ever to be free. Going out to look at the sky, best to all.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
In Other News...

...three students were killed and four injured today when, without warning, a squad of miniature plastic soldiers opened fire in a school in Coventry, Rhode Island. Police are investigating unconfirmed initial reports that the soldiers made their way into the school by hiding on a boy's hat...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CestLaVie
reply to post by JakiusFogg

What a rabbit hole we live in, eh?

Yeah, its looking more and more like a hole. But rabbits don't live in it.

I would say that an easy 95% of our nations citizens minds are completely poisoned by the fuzzy logic taught to them in school. Just look at the crime reports in your local paper, or the videos on YouTube. Look at how people behave.

It is what happens when you let Snooky and The Situation raise your kids for you. Reality TV is the arsenic of television.

It is the whole thing....the entire way we approach raising our kids and grooming them. School, media...

Very sad.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeedBump

Schools are liberal mainly. I was relieved of a pocket during of an EMT State Test. I now understand that it's mainly because they didn't want someone to fail, get angry and stab a proctor of the test. Which is incredibly stupid because they could just as easily have grabbed an axe from the fire departments teaching areas..

Of course I guess it was the states rules that banned knives from being held by participants while they were testing.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
In Other News...

...three students were killed and four injured today when, without warning, a squad of miniature plastic soldiers opened fire in a school in Coventry, Rhode Island. Police are investigating unconfirmed initial reports that the soldiers made their way into the school by hiding on a boy's hat...

Yes, I read that. One child they talked to that was wounded, said it was like being poked by needles when those tiny plastic bullets hit them.

I tell you, this world isn`t safe with these little plastic soldiers running around like this. We must round them up and put them in a secure box, then place them in a secure closet somewhere in this country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join