It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot Discovered? Virginia Man Says So

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Bigfoot discovered? Virginia Man Says He's on Verge of Bigfoot Discovery

BIG(foot) News hits ABC News among other sources, is also top search of Yahoo at the moment-June 18th. It's the first time I've seen Bigfoot in the top search rank. So, figured that I would post( doesn't look like anyone posted this news yet). Could this be breaking evidence on the way? I see it on the positive side as it's done by a known investigator. The news page features the NC man's Bigfoot video also.

Now for the story:

Billy Willard says he's on the verge of a major discovery that could change the way humans think about the natural world, not to mention their need for a creature-proof home security system. A North Carolina man says he encountered the legendary creature. Here in Spotsylvania County, in the forests around Lake Anna, Willard claims there have been 14 sightings in the past decade of that most fabled of cryptozoic beasts: Bigfoot.

Bigfoot Expert: We Are Close to a Major Discovery

Willard, 41, says he'd like to lead a tour of the property and introduce the witnesses, really he would. But the woman who says she saw what she believes could have been Bigfoot fears an avalanche of ridicule, which is why Willard is left to begin delivering his version of what happened a few miles away, in the parking lot of a Dairy Queen. "We believe we may be close to some kind of major discovery," he says. "All the things they would need are here, fresh water, shelter in the woods. The high concentration of sightings tells me they're here."

Bigfoot Enthusiast Hosts Internet Show, Maintains Website
The small but avid universe of Bigfoot enthusiasts includes self-styled investigators who pursue their quest during off-hours from their day jobs. Willard, for example, hosts an Internet radio show and maintains a Web site from his home in Manassas; he also monitors his Bigfoot hotline for reported sightings (a recent caller announced "I just saw Bigfoot in Reston," before exploding in laughter and hanging up).

ABC NEWS Bigfoot

Sightings seem more common now, more people interested perhaps? More aware? As to leading to more "true" sightings"? As survailence is set up in the area of question, so hopfully some evidence will show.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
about time we had another good bigfoot hoax! its been like 2 years since the bigfoot in the cooler fiasco. and that had even Shep Smith talking about it!

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but after the last time I'll never believe ever again

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
just a theory here but

what if bigfoot is actually a
humanoid alien that has been exiled
from his own culture for whatever reason???

that would mean they don't fit in with
their own kind and they don't fit in here
so they live in the shadows.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The only problem I see here is maybe jumping the gun. I can't help but wonder if these pre-emptive type of claims are designed more for publicity purposes. It might be better to find something worthy of making such claims first IMO. Though an interesting subject, for sure.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cogito, Ergo Sum
The only problem I see here is maybe jumping the gun. I can't help but wonder if these pre-emptive type of claims are designed more for publicity purposes. It might be better to find something worthy of making such claims first IMO. Though an interesting subject, for sure.

Yep, that was my first thought as well.

Also, was that woman sexually assaulted by Big Foot? Why not just come out, and say I say the hairy dude? It isn't like people are going to believe unless there is proof anyway. Folks are just so uptight sometimes.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Ya know, that's exactly the feeling that I have always had when I hear about this kinda thing.
What if the reason we don't see them very often or find dead ones, is because they are aliens. They don't all have to be "gray" or "reptilian". Look at Chewy! He is my fav alien.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Sounds good and all, but is there concrete proof?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

It's caught the mainstream news which isn't that common, so yeah I was also wondering what's really behind it all as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Bigfoot are wiley animals. The minute a bunch of unfamiliar folks start polking about in the woods, they scatter. Ever gone deer hunting? After the first shot, I gets hard to find 'em. These animal are even more wary of humans. Hope it happens, but not so hopefull.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FNDomination

Yep, that was my first thought as well.

Also, was that woman sexually assaulted by Big Foot? Why not just come out, and say I say the hairy dude? It isn't like people are going to believe unless there is proof anyway. Folks are just so uptight sometimes.

Maybe people would belive, if Big Foot and the woman whent onto the Jerry Springer show?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

I've seen that episode, the lady pulled out the bigfoot's weave.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by zosocoda
reply to post by boondock-saint

Ya know, that's exactly the feeling that I have always had when I hear about this kinda thing.
What if the reason we don't see them very often or find dead ones, is because they are aliens.

I saw a video about some scientist doing research into the question about never seeing dead ones. They took an entire dead deer and video taped it in the woods. It turns out after a week the animal was no longer recognizable as a deer. In another week there were no trace of the deer at all. That is how fast the animal get eaten from bugs, decomposes, and the bones are eaten or carried away by other animals.

With a very small population of creatures like Bigfoot and their ability to blend in and hide in deep woods the chances of you coming across a carcass of one that you can recognize as such are slim to none they said.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It seems that any mention of bigfoot is answered with ridicule these days, you can thank the many hoaxes for this. Theres so many cultures that claim bigfoot/yeti/yowie are real and their stories go back many, many years.

I believe there'll be new light shed on this subject through scientific discoveries, i dont however, think we'll ever find a 'real' living example. Maybe a skeleton or other definitive evidence will be found that proves them once existing, but until then the subject will always be bashed by skeptics.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

My curiosity peaked a little bit at the beginning of your post but it ended up wit:

There is this guy ,who is a bigfoot researcher with his own bigfoot radioshow who found a woman who claims to have seen it in a area where in the last 10 years 14 sightings occured.

And so he believes to be on the verge of discovering bigfoot because of this? And to top it all off everyone should upgrade their home security for it.

Im very sorry i dont make a habbit on posting these kind of comments on these kind of topics but common.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I wish we had more evidence of Bigfoot.

We havent seen a "smoking gun" type unexplainable video of a Bigfoot in quite awhile have we?

top topics

join