It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel removes the ban on civilian commodities: foods, toys, building materials, etc.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Israel has announced it will ease the land blockade of the Gaza Strip and allow more civilian goods to enter the Palestinian territory. It comes amid growing international pressure to end the embargo. An Israeli commando raid on an aid flotilla attempting to break the naval blockade of Gaza last month was widely condemned. The decision to ease the blockade, agreed by Israel's security cabinet after a two-day meeting, will see the expansion of the number of products Israel will allow into Gaza via border crossing points, including construction materials. The naval blockade will remain in place. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office said in a statement that Israel would: "liberalise the system by which civilian goods enter Gaza"; "expand the inflow of materials for civilian projects that are under international supervision"; and "continue existing security procedures to prevent the inflow of weapons and war material".

www.thedailystar.net...

Finally...
This chocolate blockade was a poor decision made by the Israeli government that I regret took so long to be corrected.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Needless to say the ban on weapons and such will be rightfully maintained.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Eliad]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Personally I believe the blockade should not have been imposed in the first place, so nothing but a total removal is good enough.....

And yes, that includes arms...

Why should Israel be allowed to increase its supply of arms (storing for the US) and the Gaza population be dissarmed..

Everyone should be entitled to defend themselves...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Because it uses these weapons to target Israeli civilian population.. And their own civilians as well..
When hamas is gone all blockades will be off I guess..

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Israel started this well before Hamas was elected,
so whats changed now???

BTW, I think if you check,
more Gaza citizens have been killed than Israeli...

So maybe Israel needs to be dissarmed and a blockade put in place..

See how they like it...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'm a very vocal critic of Israel. But this is a move in the right direction for them.

I applaud Israel's apparent beginning steps to a return to sanity.

My compliments to Israel.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I don't buy it , actions speak louder than words . Makes them sound good before the arrival of the Iranian vessals . They will play the victim card for sure .

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Agreeing with my one and only foe is tough but,

I agree, its just a ploy.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

God I hope you guys are wrong. But I must acknowledge that you could be right too. We'll see.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Thats a step in the right direction.. But how long till its back to business as usual ?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Deeds not words. We'll see if it's not just lip service and appeasement.

I bet the first time something happens...it'll be on again. Have we been here before?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I have to agree with the above posters, and I seem to be saying this alot lately...I will believe it when I see it...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Too little to late.

Lets refuse to except goods from iserail untill the blocade is removed and it's time Ford was given the same treatment met out to Toyota because america is feeding the zionists in iserail by taking personal bribes and then giving tax payers monry to iserail.

Two can play at economic warfare and it's time for uncle sam to remove the nukes it gave iserail and to start being a bit more friendly towards it's other freinds that are not bribing congress members.

The nine killded speak no lies

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by Eliad

Personally I believe the blockade should not have been imposed in the first place, so nothing but a total removal is good enough.....

And yes, that includes arms...

Why should Israel be allowed to increase its supply of arms (storing for the US) and the Gaza population be dissarmed..

Everyone should be entitled to defend themselves...

they don't defend themselves...they attack israel...please read books, articles, along with research of the history of this region.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Two sides (and two sets of those books too) to every story. Some food for thought...

Peace, Propoganda and the Promised Land

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It's good to see Israel doing such a thing. Small gestures go a long way in that part of the world.

It's not what we want, but ultimately a step in the right direction.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

No it didn't.. It started it after hamas was elected.
And it has nothing to do with hamas being elected or not either, as even if hamas was not elected the weapon smuggling or shipments would go to them.

Israel has killed more civilians, but it never targeted civilians. Hamas chooses to fight inside its population centers and not out in the open.
Also Israel told Gaza civilians to get out of the conflict area during the cast lead operation, in order to create an area for them to fight hamas with no civilian casualties. They dropped fliers, they called people's phones and sent them text messages.
And again, it isn't Israel's fault that hamas chooses to fight within Gaza.

So that's the difference- hamas targets civilians, and Israel does not.
A hamas soldier thinks that killing civilians and dying will get him to heaven.
An Israeli soldier thinks the killing civilians and dying will get him to hell.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

This video is extremely one sided, and some of it is deliberately skewed and misleading.. Non the less it's very interesting to watch.
But a lot has changed in the last 5 years (Arafat's death was a big part of it).

Seeing this I get how people see Israel as nothing more then brutes and murderers.. This is definitely misleading.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

It may be one-sided but it's the other side. And a lot of people know nothing about the other side, particularly those stuck on the Palestinians attacking Israel "for no reason."

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

I'm hoping this trend continues..

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
That's great news! At least give Israel the benefit of the doubt.
Rome wasn't built in a day

top topics

<<   2 >>

join