It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Healing of the Ocean.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The ocean is a beautiful entity, ebbing and flowing in a rhythm that has entranced countless numbers of human beings throughout history...

This thread is dedicated to the majesty of the sea, and I would love to share to some stories about our big blue friend and the healing it has given me.

First off, just being near the ocean gives me a sense of calm. The salty ocean spray smells great and lets me know I am close. I hear the waves crash onto the rocky cliffs of Hawaii ne', as I approach my destination.

Then I see it in all of its glory. I feel a primal sense of peace and serenity as I walk ever closer to the shore on these cliffs made of lava rocks...

I see the tide pools, the water level rises and falls, and I know I will have to time this just right if I want to make it out alive... the waves are huge on this day...

I patiently wait for the perfect moment... I see the opening in between waves. I take the plunge and jump into the beautiful salty ocean... untouched by the recent problems of mainland American oceans...

I am completely surrounded by water, and I never want to resurface. I stay under as long as I can until I can't hold my breath any longer. I swim up to the surface, and feel completely reborn. I am back in Hawaii, and I feel incredible. I feel alive for the first time in months.

I cannot help but cheer and hoot and holler as I praise the ocean for the beautiful experience it has just given me.

The next couple hours are spent sitting on shore as the sights and sounds of the waves help wash away all the negativity within that had built up for way too long.

----------------

Imagine how heartbroken I feel knowing there is currrently an oil spill devastating the Gulf right now.

We all need to appreciate the oceans much more than we currently are. It has healed us and provided us with life, now we must heal it.

-Sol

PS: Please feel free to share your stories of how the ocean has healed you.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by SolarE-Souljah]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
As with most of my threads, I like to start the OP with a brief intro, then supplement it with more material as the thread goes on.

Trust me, I have many more stories of the healing ocean, especially in Hawaii. I can hear the ocean right now from my house. I love it so damn much.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I feel you, not that I ever lived in Hawaii lol but i did live on an island for the first 15 years of my life so I feel connected to the ocean plus I'm a pisces
. It's so full of mystery and the unknown that you cant help but feel so small next to the ocean, so natural.

Ever seen the movie Into the Wild?? I loveeeee that movie! If you haven't seen it I suggest you run out and rent it!!! This is a quote from that movie that moves me EVERY time!!

The sea's only gifts are harsh blows, and occasionally the chance to feel strong. Now I don't know much about the sea, but I do know that that's the way it is here. And I also know how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once. To find yourself at least once in the most ancient of human conditions. Facing the blind death stone alone, with nothing to help you but your hands and your own head.

S&F!!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by chyeaaitskristyn

I love the quote from the movie.

I tried to make my writing style somewhat artisitic in my OP because I have endless amounts of respect for the ocean and I wanted to reflect that in my writing.

Like I promised, I said I would supplement the OP with some more stories. Well here is another one:

I am out bodyboarding on a not so sunny day. In fact, the seas and skies are stormy and unsettled, and the mighty ocean challenges the courageous and brave to attempt to paddle out into the chaos. I am one of the brave ones; naive, but brave...

I attempt to catch a wave; but I'm not in charge here; I am in the ocean's turf, and it can do as it pleases with me. It does just that.

I am carried over the falls, my body being in the location of most velocity and power in the wave. The wave crashes hard, and I'm right there with it. I feel myself being shot towards the rocky bottom of the ocean, and I hit it with great force. I am then swished and swireled around as more monster sets of waves come in. I barely make it to shore, and I thank the ocean for sparing me.

The ocean demands respect.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by SolarE-Souljah]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have always been drawn to the ocean. To walk along the shore with my hair blowing in the wind, sun kissed shoulders, toes in soft sand, listening to the cry of the gulls, feeling as the cold refreshing waves crash down around me, makes me feel I am one with nature. Sea glass glistening, sea shells and fallen feathers along the shore. There is nothing more beautiful, more precious than moments spent at the ocean.

Tears fall for the devestation of the oil spill, the ocean and all the living things within, the lost lives, the lost hopes. Sometimes words cannot convey the deep emotions, the heart breaking pain of being alive to witness such madness, such tragedy as this.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you for your contribution, as I feel exactly the same way.

Whenever I go down to the rock cliffs by the ocean, everyone always looks so contented and happy, and everyone is there doing the same thing: enjoying the beauty and roar of the ocean. Simple as that.

It brings people together.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I smiled when I read your first post. It really resonated with me. If more people cared about the earth and its environment we wouldn't have to witness such tragedies. Mankind has managed to pollute all the elements in which he needs to survive.

I was thinking how the ocean illuminated by the glowing orb of night holds its own special kind of beauty beneath the glittering stars.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Your posts resonate with me as well, because yes, the ocean takes on a different form at night.

Watching the ocean glimmering under a full moon and the stars; out in Hawaii is definitely a transcendental experience.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I can imagine it would be. I'm sure that an ocean no matter where it is brings its own special kind of magick.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
A smile from me.

I wish everybody would feel like you as well as me
near the sea.
Maybe they would treat the ocean better.

I know this is said already

Just wanted to bump you along the way.

My personal favorite is a walk on a windy beach. The sky full of clouds dark to light gray.
The threat of rain but the wind won't let them.

A girl on my arm talking sweat words or memories from long ago, or a dog full of life and energy that keeps retrieving a stick which I apparently I can't throw away far enough.

Or a beach bar in autumn with a live band and a hot choco while a sweat sense of serenity and joy gets hold of me...

Yeah... Sweet, sweet oceans of life.

Thanks for triggering these sweet memories.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

The ocean is indeed beautiful, and the source of life.

What a poetic and beautiful intro you gave, SolarE.

The ocean is far more powerful than mankind, and I believe it will heal itself - and where that leaves mankind, I have no idea.

Powerful forces are not forgiving.

Like the sun and the ocean.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Wow - beautiful thread friend. S&F

Somewhat depressing too though as it makes me feel so bad for what has happened. But it feels great to know there are people out there who love the ocean as a part of them - for isn't that what it really is anyway?

I can't help though but feel completely horrible and heart broken for the poor creatures calling the Gulf Region home. I reach out to them and send my love hoping they will find a way to survive it.

I'm sure i'm not alone, but when i'm near or in the ocean I feel like I cannot be 'in' it enough - almost as if my soul whats to become one with the ocean. The deep blues and greens call out to me in ways I can never quite explain. It is especially strong when looking down to the ocean from a cliff-face above. A beautiful feeling.

I only noticed this thread as I just made a thread which works hand-in-hand with this one. A global effort to heal the ocean planned for tomorrow 21 June.

Thread link

Thanks again for a great thread

[edit on 20-6-2010 by srsen]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Last night, I experienced something very special, and I want to pass the feeling onto you.

On a very special part on the island I am currently on, there is a bench that overlooks the ocean. The bench puts you right there where you need to be.

Palm tree fronds hang above this scenic view, with the moon shining above. Then I saw something truly significant. I was there, sitting on the bench, which was situated on lava rock cliffs. I look further, and see the ocean and the horizon line. above that lies the starry skies. I am right there, at the convergence of land, sea, and sky... Truly a great moment that I felt very priviledged to have experienced.

I cannot even think of driving into industrialized areas anymore. The word concrete jungle comes to mind...No nature to soothe the tormented souls of this Earth in those parts... If only all of us could experience nature to the fullest extent, how much better this planet would be.

-Sol

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I was thinking a little bit more about my last post... and I had some more to say about it...

When I saw those 3 things, the land, sea, and sky; it was in that order. That got me thinking. It's almost like the land is this life, the material world. The next step is the ocean, which slowly crashes against the land and erodes the material life. So you could say jumping or staring into the ocean is to enter a new mindset and world... wow I never thought of it like that before...

Damn. That's why I love spreading my words to you all. Typing it or speaking my words to people helps me understand it better as well. It's a win win situation.

To finish off this post, I think the starry night sky is the final resting place for our spirits to go back home to. That is why we feel a longing feeling when looking at both the ocean and sky; it is the stairway back home...

Then when our soul decides the time is right, we restart on the land to do it all over again.

Aloha everyone.

-Sol

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Has anyone waded in the waters of the Gulf of Mexico, hold hands and actually send thoughts of healing the ocean? I would think that would be closely connecting to the source of the problem - in the water.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

You don't necessarily need to be at the Gulf in order to spread good vibes to the ocean. I have learned how to send out positive energy, and I was definitely showing the ocean some appreciation last night, even though I'm all the way over here in Hawaii right now.

Even if you live nowhere near the ocean, you can still send out a healing message of positivity out to the entire planet. Some of this positive energy will make it to the ocean, while other chunks of the positive light will make it into the lives of the plants and animals. Charging up others with positive energy is a chain reaction type of thing. So spread the love as much as you can.

-Sol

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
You don't necessarily need to be at the Gulf in order to spread good vibes to the ocean.

How is any of this going to work while we're still stabbing and attacking the planet and drilling countless holes into her? That's like pounding on someone's face with your fist, bandaging it up, and then pounding on them some more .. over and over and over again. Ain't gonna work, people.

You want to heal the oceans, the earth, then STOP attacking her. Get up an hour earlier and walk or ride your bike to work. Stop buying stuff you don't need to survive on Earth made from plastic. Offset this stinking pollution mess in the gulf by leaving your car at home the next time you need to go somewhere that you don't NEED to go to. Stop all this excess consumption. Get rid of your teevees. Stop having babies for a while. Go piss outside on a bush instead of using a gallon of fresh water to wash away your excrements, ha.

You're not going to be able to heal jack, so long as you continue to kick the crap out of jack. So, if you are TRULY serious about healing anything, go take up an Amish lifestyle, and live modestly and minimally. Short of that, all this healing business is just bogus and lip service and a lame attempt to sooth ones guilty conscience.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Great post, we should really respect this planet, especially the oceans.

Like the moon etc oceans give me this dreamy refreshing feeling. When you feel like the world is full of negativity or sadness, all you have to do is look at the ocean to feel refreshed and clear minded again.

This oil spill really spoils that feeling. We need to keep the oceans clean and beautiful, for everyones sake.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

I do appreciate some of your words for sure, such as peeing outside. I agree with you 100% on that for sure. Just turn down the sarcasm next time, and give me a chance to explain myself better and hopefully you can see the validity in the mindset I have.

I know us humans are killing the planet, but that doesn't mean we can't send our appreciation out to the Earth, no matter how small our contribution. Let me share a story with you:

(written by Mary Kawena Pukui; it is a story widely known in Hawaii)
--------------------
Once upon a time, there was a wise kupuna (elder), who went to the sea to contemplate. One day while walking around the shore, the kupuna looked down the beach, and saw a gracefully dancing human figure. The kupuna wondered out loud, "who would so joyfully greet this day with hula?"

He began to walk faster to catch up. Getting closer the kupuna saw that the dancer was a keiki (child), who was not dancing at all. The keiki was reaching down to the sand to pick up something, and was gently throwing it into the sea. The kupuna called out to the keiki, "Aloha! What are you doing?"

The keiki paused, looked up and replied, "Throwing starfish into the sea." Surprised the kupuna sputtered, "I guess I should have asked, 'Why are you throwing starfish into the sea?'" The keiki smiled brightly, pointed upward and, with exquisite simplicity, replied," The sun is up, the tide is going out, if I don't throw them in they will die."

"But don't you realize," asked the kupuna, "that there are miles and miles of beach and starfish all along it? You can't possibly make a difference!" The keiki listened politely, then bent down, picked up another starfish, and threw it gently into the sea, just beyond the breaking waves, and exuberantly declared:

"It made a difference for that one."
---------------

I love that story so much, and I thank the woman who wrote it and spread aloha back to her.

Please, keep this thread positive. There are hundreds of oil spill threads. You can go write your doom and gloom over there. This thread is about the healing the ocean has given us, and how we can all do a small part in sending our love back to it.

-Sol

[edit on 20-6-2010 by SolarE-Souljah]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
While you bring up some good points, you say it all in such a nasty dirty hopeless tone that I don't want to hear. there is a sourness in your writing that I don't want anywhere near my thread. Your negativity seriously just sucked a little bit out of me. Negative vibes breed more negative vibes brah, so get out if you don't want to be a positive person with a positive mindset.

What you refer to as negative is actually my disgust with humanity. Maybe I was too blunt for your conscience to handle. I know I am feeling very guilty for all this. As I said elsewhere, when I see these dead animals because of this blatant attack against mother nature, I want to hurl myself off a cliff, and I only use 1-2 gallons of gas per month and own only two toys (my computer and my camera/lens). I can only imagine what those that use that much gas in a day must be struggling with inside. Are you one that uses more than a couple gallons of gas per MONTH? Or has countless excess toys and other excesses beyond necessity to survive on Earth? I've noticed that those that do get pretty upset with the bluntness of my delivery method.

A short while ago I was watching one of those ROVs head off somewhere and it passed over what looked like either two dead sharks or two dead dolphins laying on the bottom of the gulf (how they got there I don't know, I thought they would have floated to the surface, but NOT). When that ROV operator realized what that was, they QUICKLY panned away before the ROV could resume momentum. Why? Guilt? He should have focused on that for an hour! I guess the truth is apparently too brutal for some witness. I think we should be lambasted for this!

Personally, I think mother nature should swat humanity off the planet for this catastrophe and our other crimes against nature, just as how we would swat a mosquito dead that tried to bore a hole into us to suck out our life blood too! SWAT!

While some may feel the need to sugar coat all this and pan away from a truth that might be too hard for some to swallow, I think we should not sugar coat it. I think we meet outside with sticks and clubs and beat each other over the head until we're senseless for our crimes against nature. And then we should surrender to nature, immediately .. (by this I mean EVERYONE go back to living something similar to an Amish lifestyle!). Short of that, I'm praying that mother nature can permanently heal this planet by eradicating the destructive infestation upon her called man. Shame on us all. Shame shame shame.

If we want to be serious about healing the Earth, we should turn off this industrial society and go back to living modest minimal lives as farmers and/or planet restoration workers, living in little log cabins out on the prairie. I am ashamed to even call myself human, part of humanity, right now. Shame on us all.

May GAIA intervene with a permanent healing solution that will insure humanity can cause no more damage and harm to this planet and all her wildlife. Nothing will ever heal if we keep stabbing the planet to death.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join