It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is BIG, Carbon Tax To Vote Before July 4th

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Cap and Trade = Comprehensive Energy bill = "Carbon Tax" Reid and the Democrats are fast-tracking Obama's "Carbon Tax" to double ALL your energy costs. A VOTE IS SCHEDULED BY JULY 4TH 2010 Reid plans a Senate Vote to raise taxes for Obama with the NEW "Carbon Tax". Why you ask because as Rahm Emmanuel said "NEVER WASTE A CRISIS!" and Reid promised Obama they would push the "Carbon Tax". Reid will by-pass the existing Lieberman-Kerry Bill pushed through the House by Pelosi because Reid knows he doesn't have the support of Democrats on his own side, let alone GOP Senators, to get it done. Reid demanded "swift" action forcing Senate committees to finish their work on a massive comprehensive energy bill immediately. Committee leaders Max Baucus, Jeff Bingaman, Barbara Boxer, Chris Dodd, Patrick Leahy, Joe Lieberman, Blanche Lincoln and John Rockefeller all received the majority leader's letter demanding action.

www.resistnet.com...

Even More

twg2a.wordpress.com...

If your too lazy to contact your reps yourself, at-least do this! and pay someone else to do it for you!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Cap & Trade is NOT an honest Carbon tax.

A straight up carbon tax, preferably phased in over time, would be a good thing.

Cap & Trade is Wall Street BS. Arbitrarily picking & choosing who has a 'right' to pollute & to sell that 'right' to others.

A straight carbon tax, x pounds of carbon = y dollars cost, is direct & addresses the point precisely, without evading real action for decades while the planet burns.

If there are some kind of essential industries that will be crippled by it they may be given some slack until viable technologies can be found/created.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well I've e-mailed my Senators, I might even call them next week.

WE need to stop this!

I'm not posting for stars and flags, but we need to get this to the front page so people can see this, there's enough threads on the front page about this oil spill! This is getting slipped in through the back door while we are distracted.

Either that or someone else make a thread that will get attention! People should be made aware.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by slank

In agreement, as it stands this is just a way for the government to steal more of our money.

And the fact that this whole thing is owned by the same people pushing it is just Sick.

This needs to stay on the front page, cause doubling my electric bill while letting companies pollute to their hearts content ain't saving the environment.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I wonder if they will tax the Carbon emited from every round that will be fired if TPTB get this passed?

Governments only commitdity is useless beaurocracy.

Cap and Tax Will only hurt the "little people" ie < $100,000 year income.

Take out about $30,000 for state and federal income tax.

I saw on another topic the $7/gallon gas price due to the oil spil to help finance the clean up I think.

If you use only 30 gallons of gas/week thats $210 every week. over a Year thats $10,920.

Now add to that your $200/power bill doubling to $400/month which is $4800/yr

Guess you can see where this is going in the end after all bills, debts, insurances, You are just making ends meet.

Gives me a hedache thinking about it...

Don't tax me bro!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

What topic was it talking about the gas prices?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Isn't anyone else outraged by this? We need to do something!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
A carbon tax is ridiculous when there are much much worse pollutants that are allowed to roam freely in America, many causing diseases. CO2 isn't the problem.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Once in a great while I find people who think Cap N crunch is a good idea. I don't understand why people are so stupid. Do people believe this is only going to cost 1 dollar a day. I really wish people would wake up faster. So I guess we are getting this shoved down are throats too... THANKS TO ALL THE SPINELESS LIBERALS,

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Instead of taking charge of the cleanup effort in the gulf this is what our administration does with it's time. Disgusting. If it isn't obvious to everyone that they are purposely destroying the middle class in America yet then there is no hope. We are all heading to serfdom.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Cap & Trade is NOT an honest Carbon tax.

A straight up carbon tax, preferably phased in over time, would be a good thing.

Cap & Trade is Wall Street BS. Arbitrarily picking & choosing who has a 'right' to pollute & to sell that 'right' to others.

A straight carbon tax, x pounds of carbon = y dollars cost, is direct & addresses the point precisely, without evading real action for decades while the planet burns.

Yhea right! There should be a tax on clouds too! Just look up you can see them! Since water vapor is the most prevalent greenhouse gas on planet Earth we should have to pay more for it too!

Once again without fail, every summer when the weather get hots all the home schooled climatologist come out spouting disinfo...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Anybody who doesn't fight this tooth and nail is a sheep.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
Once in a great while I find people who think Cap N crunch is a good idea. I don't understand why people are so stupid. Do people believe this is only going to cost 1 dollar a day. I really wish people would wake up faster. So I guess we are getting this shoved down are throats too... THANKS TO ALL THE SPINELESS LIBERALS,

Thanks for people who just vote blindly. I hope the end of the world scenario happens and nibiru does really happen. If people like the way this country is headed then you should be branded Sheople!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

Don't worry, they don't have the votes. The libs don't want to commit political suicide this close to november. Not going to pass. Not close.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

Is it just me or does Obama and his liberal/progressive pals just seem like they are trying to do everything they can to start a revolution in this country. People are going to go into a rage if there utility bills and fuel bills "necessarily skyrocket".

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer
Well I've e-mailed my Senators, I might even call them next week.

I applaud your effort but all I can say is... good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank

Any new tax phased in at all is a bad thing. The American people are over-taxed already. Give me my money back.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This tax would increase the cost of absolutely everything. Companies will increase the cost of their goods and services to make up for the loss of profits due to the tax. It's not just heating/cooling your home and driving your car that's going to sting. Buying bread, milk, butter, meat, veggies, clothes, cleaning supplies, pet food, phone service, internet access, you name it; it'd be affected by the carbon tax.
$7/gal gas will add an upper-cut to the roundhouse that a carbon tax would hit us with.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
the only thing more ridiculous than this would be taxing our tax's.

i wouldn't be surprised....

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

Dont give the progressives any more ideas.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join