It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What it's like to be a Palestinian(Americans should read)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I will not give links so if that's what you're looking for I'm sorry. Just take the common knowledge or research it yourself to learn more about the subject if you need to.

Israel is about 1.5 times the size of Palestine. But little old Palestine is located between Jordan on the east and Israel on the south, north and west. I will make a dramatic comparison between these two places to the United States and Mexico.

Let us say that southern Texas is Palestine, it has Mexico on the south and west. Now let's say that Mexico says that Laredo is their capital, so they seize it. Texas just wants eastern Laredo, but Mexico says NO!

Then Mexico moves their tanks across the Rio Grande and begin to bulldoze ranches on the Mexican border where they begin building apartments. Texans ask Mexico to please stop, but Mexico says no and if there are any Texans protesting they will shoot them.

They begin serving notices telling Texans they are seizing their property and they are required to move, or they will forcibly remove them. Texans become homeless on their own land, TEXAS! It doesn't belong to Mexico, but Mexico disagrees and they have a major military.

Mexico has kept southern Texas under their administrative control, giving them minimal powers over their own territory, no military and no real political or economic say. So then the Texans become frustrated with the Mexicans invading and occupying as they are forced off of their farms and out of their homes. They are very poor and are forced to live off of $3,000 income.

Then Mexico erects a fence around Laredo, keeping the Texans out. The Texans then snap and several resort to their only form of retaliation, terrorism. They must terrorize Laredo by spilling their own blood through car bombs and suicide bombs. The Mexicans obviously don't like this and crush the Texans further.

Then Cuba sends in an aid ships to assist Texas, and Mexico raids these ships and seizes the aid. They have kept Texas from rebuilding their infrastructure and have locked their borders.

Does this sound nice? Would you want Mexico occupying you by violent force? I doubt it, but most Americans continue to support Israel and their crimes against humanity. Just think about that.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Agree with everything you said. somebody really needs to do something about israel. they are just lucky i dont have the money for enough munitions to actually do some damage to israel or id be over there helping palestine destroy that hate mongering country.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
What it's like to be an Israeli

(note: i'm not pro-israeli disinformation agent. i'm calling that right now before any of you tin-foil hatters come out and accuse me of this non-sense)

now; keeping in with that texas/mexico analogy

imagine that mexico had tribes; lets say the mayans that inhabited the land that is called 'laredo' not sure if thats even a real place) and that there are many artefacts and sites of historical significance that pertains to the mayans. to the mexicans, their mayan ancestry is without a doubt a portion of THEIR history and not of americans history (although some will argue that it is part of both and jus tbecause america came under colonial rule doesn't make part of the history that included the natives living here not a part of american history but thats another can of worms) and so the mexicans say "this is our land and has been for a long time now, and we are going to take it back" of course the texans will be frustrated but the mexicans believe that it is THEIR ancestry on the line, and i mean, look at the size of texas one little city isn't going to do much harm to them. if both sides wished so, they COULD live in peace, but they don't because terrorist factions from texas have gotten to the point where its kill or be killed. so in order to protect themselves from the texan terrorists they have to, themselves, build a stronger army (probably receiving support from coc aine shipments from peru, peru = afghanistan hahaha oh man i love this analogy!) and then the whole thing escalates and then we have people who are all 'oh man texas is like, totally a victim' but then the mexicans are like 'but hey man you guys totally caused the inquisition (inquisition = holocaust) so you guys like, at least deserve a little bit of land to us and plus, mayan ancestry" and the texan terrorists are like "A WHAT? *kaboom*" and then this topic was made.

i dont support israel. but you do have to look at it objectively, dont pick and choose which side you're on.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
pretty bad analogies. obvious biased poster is obvious.
2nd line .

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
When I was in college, I had an Arab roommate. Of course, he was anti-Israel.

Whenever I hear the Israel/Palestine debate, I can't help but think of him. I don't think that he or anyone else could convince America to not take the pro-Israel side. After all, our whole nation was founded by pushing an indigenous people to the side.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Excellent post. At one time I used to think the Palestinians were the bad guys until I researched further. My interest was piqued by an excellent article in NewScientist which I cannot find at the moment.

Basically there is an apartheid system which is supported by the US and UK.

Maybe us Westerners should try to do something about it.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayson
When I was in college, I had an Arab roommate. Of course, he was anti-Israel.

Whenever I hear the Israel/Palestine debate, I can't help but think of him. I don't think that he or anyone else could convince America to not take the pro-Israel side. After all, our whole nation was founded by pushing an indigenous people to the side.

" I don't think that he or anyone else could convince America to not take the pro-Israel side. " I am American and I am not pro-israel, neither is my white family. There are a lot of Americans who do not like Israel, they just dont control the media.

new topics

top topics

join