It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan: 2 More Americans Killed ‎

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Afghanistan: 2 More Americans Killed ‎

www.nytimes.com

Two more United States service members have died in southern Afghanistan, where militants have stepped up their attacks in response to greater security by NATO and Afghan forces in Taliban strongholds. NATO said Friday that the two died in an insurgent attack but did not provide details. The deaths brought to 33 the number of United States troops killed so far this month in Afghanistan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The resistance's legitimacy is increasing, and people see them as legitimate resistance as the occupiers allow corruption to sore, and allow drugs to flourish while the capital is becoming the home of the addicts.

At the same time:

Afghan mineral deposits may worth 3 trillions USD

KABUL, June 17 (Xinhua) -- Afghanistan's mineral deposits may worth 3 trillions U.S. dollars and the government would utilize it for building economy and development, Afghan Minister for Mines Waheedullah Shahrani said on Thursday.

"The minerals and untapped treasures in the country may value 3 trillions U.S. dollars," Shahrani told a news conference here.

news.xinhuanet.com...

Nice one, Americans and Afghans are sacrificed for greed.

What has the world come to.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret

The resistance's legitimacy is increasing, and people see them as legitimate resistance as the occupiers allow corruption to sore, and allow drugs to flourish while the capital is becoming the home of the addicts.

Right. More like a bunch of opium lords pissed off that someone is horning in on thier market. God knows there were no addicts in Kabul before the americans got there.

Oh and they were a unified people before the americans brought in thier subterfuge...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
What is the point of this thread? You start out with two servicemen being killed, go off on a pro insurgent tangent, then proceed to talk about the $3 trillion in resources. What are you trying to say exactly?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

But, but, but even the Taliban shot down the production of Opium, how many % was it at the time of Taliban?

But, but, but I didn't see little kids injecting heroin in their body before Americans came and F'd it up.

But, but, but Afghanistan was the heart center of proxy war by the (just hit puberty), greedy empires, hence USA and USSR (now Russia)

Your ignorance amuses me

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
What is the point of this thread? You start out with two servicemen being killed, go off on a pro insurgent tangent, then proceed to talk about the $3 trillion in resources. What are you trying to say exactly?

The point is, the greedy empires are invading, bombing, assassinating, torturing... based on greed.

The Afghan resistance which toppled the previous greedy empire hence USSR, is not at it again, and the Afghans see the legitimacy of this resistance while the Western media portray them as terrorists.

What is the point, bring your kids back home so that they don't get killed for the sake of greed.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This thread is all over the place. You posted that 2 service members had been killed in the breaking alternative news section. Then you shoot off on another topic.

The point is, the greedy empires are invading, bombing, assassinating, torturing... based on greed.

If that is the point of the thread, move it somewhere else and title it differently.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

But, but, but I didn't see little kids injecting heroin in their body before Americans came and F'd it up.

Are you from there? Or have you been reading old copy of National Geo?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

You know the first post is suppose to have a snip of the breaking news, the second post is suppose:

(Your unique and original comments on the article you're submitting -- about 50 words or more.)

This is what ATS asks for:

And I'm not jumping from one news to another, I'm connecting the dots.

Is it really that hard for you to comprehend that? Are you that brainwashed or naive?

You ignorance amuses me

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Are you from there? Or have you been reading old copy of National Geo?

Yes I'm, infact my whole family is, surprise

I also been to Peshawer, I have seen many Afghan refugee addicts in Peshawer refugee camps but not in Afghanistan until the Americans came.

Pakistan government collected the addicts in trucks from the streets of Peshawer and rumors stated that they were dumped in fast rivers.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

Ok no I am not suprised because I simply dont believe you.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Who cares if the OP jumped from 1 headline to another... He is correct and they are all related

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Ok no I am not suprised because I simply dont believe you.

I can't do anything to make you believe me:
www.youtube.com...

My whole family was in Peshawer, my mom worked for the UN, educating Afghan refugees.

I went to one of those refugee school, it was called bibi hajer, it was in Peshawer, Phase 1. Some of the classes didn't even have roofs, it was a tent, so when it rained the dusty floor became muddy which forced the fees to increase, and the school to finally get chairs and desks.

The things I have seen is not only viewable to myself, if you want to see Afghanistan, go for a visit.

My mom is in Afghanistan right now.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

More terrible new from a terrible war.

But I have to say now that the "surge" in in progress. Get used to seeing it

we in the UK have been seeing this

almost on a weekly basis for I do not know how long!

Seriously I wish the top brass would just turn to TPTb and say, you're all crazy. that's it we're off.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Can you believe this 2 high ranking retired military analysts give a rating

on strategies and accomplishments of our military a 2 and 3 on the scale of

1 to 10 in Afghanistan. The reason given is because of the existing regime headed by

Hamid Karzi is so corrupt and threatens to join forces with the

Taliban. Folks if Karzi is threatening to join forces with the Taliban it

means he already has done so. Our top brass over there are

instructed what to do set back and wait for the enemy and on

occasions go after the enemy.

You have to ask the question why on God's Green Earth are we there

and the only answer I can come up with is to protect those $Billions$

of dollars generated by the poppy fields for covert operations. Is this

a replay of Vietnam where the Afghan people themselves do not have

the will to fight like the South Vietnamese as that Vietnam war was

winding down.

Are the fat cats smoking cigars in the back rooms getting richer

everyday by a dead end war that they keep promoting. Most people

in the United States of America can not answer the question why are

we there in Afghanistan? Most would say to free the people of that

country. A war is never won if all you do is take a defensive posture

and folks this is what our military is doing. This is not by choice of our

fighting men and woman over their who I highly respect it is from

higher ups calling the shots. You go to war to win not to play games

with our precious military lives. ^Y^

[edit on 18-6-2010 by amari]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
One thing that keeps getting play, is this discovery of virgin resources to the tune of trillions of dollars in Afghanistan? Moreover, everyone is trumping it up as the end all to the problems for the Afghan people? However, in a situation where security is practically a joke, local government bureaucrats delving into organized crime, narcotics and double dipping with the US/NATO and the Taliban, a foreign military force in the middle of it all with no clear objectives or strategic goals, and western politicians apparently in malaise about the whole thing. These resources might as well be a drop in the bucket.

How are the resources going to be acquired and refined, when outside of Kabul it is practically chaos, and one needs air cover and an infantry platoon to move about freely. Plus, we have corrupt politicians among Karzai's ilk and the west who will milk the cow for everything its worth when the money starts pouring in. Their bottom line first and if there is anything left, then the Afghans. As is the case with most underdeveloped countries with massive resources at their disposal, corruption and exploitation runs rampant.

Afghanistan has not changed much since the US led invasion in 2001, and perhaps the only consolation is the ousting of the Taliban; but that seems to be changing? As long as the security situation is up for grabs, rampant corruption among the politicians, and a break down in government services, expect the radicals(Taliban and other groups) to capitalize off of the misery by offering justice, bread, and other yearns and wants of the people.

The country will be another failed state, even if it may have trillions in natural resources. The confusion is what crooks thrive on, and with this latest discovery, expect a feeding frenzy of epic proportions akin to Iran circa 1953, Latin America, and Africa. In other words, more money will be going out than coming in.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Jakes51]

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The timing of the 3 trillion dollars mineral discovery is the most aspect, now that the country's government is the most corrupt in the world, there is violent resistance both against the puppet government and occupying force.

These factors will play a major role in the stealing of Afghan resources.

Afghans would be lucky if 10% of the wealth went to the economy.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

The timing of the 3 trillion dollars mineral discovery is the most aspect, now that the country's government is the most corrupt in the world, there is violent resistance both against the puppet government and occupying force.

These factors will play a major role in the stealing of Afghan resources.

Afghans would be lucky if 10% of the wealth went to the economy.

As I said, and here is the source:

LONDON (Reuters) - Corruption costs Afghans $2.5 billion a year, a United Nations agency said on Tuesday, with the scale of bribery matching Afghanistan's opium trade.

What could Afghanistan do with 2 billion, infact all that money which they said they are gonna use to build this and that, I haven't seen Afghanistan advance, I have just seen the drug dealers build mansions for themselves, and the corrupt puppet government create more mansions for themselves.

That is basically it.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari
((snip))

Hamid Karzi is so corrupt and threatens to join forces with the

Taliban. Folks if Karzi is threatening to join forces with the Taliban it

means he already has done so. ((snip))

In 1842 British puppet Emir Shah Shuja turned on his empire handlers and sided with "insurgents".. after the Brits left, dude was beheaded.

...history repeating and all that...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Ok but are you not sure that the reason there has been a pickup in the number of junkies as you say is becouse the Taliban isnt around to blow thier heads off for doing so?

<<   2 >>

join