It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gates: Iran could launch "hundreds" of missiles at Europe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Gates: Iran could launch "hundreds" of missiles at Europe

www.cnn.com

Iran could, if it wanted, launch "scores even hundreds of missiles" into Europe, according to Defense Secretary Robert Gates, but serious questions remain as to whether the United States can create a defense against such an attack.

Gates told a Senate committee Thursday that the United States is looking at a new way of defending Europe from missile attacks from countries like Iran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
More war mongering? Will it ever end? NO!

I don't want my tax dollars spent on defending Europe, if they want defense they need to defend themselves. But then again if it wasn't for our constant meddling they wouldn't have to worry about any Iranian strikes.

I bet we feel pretty comfortable sitting over here, meddling in the ME and then saying Iran could launch hundreds of missiles at Europe. I bet we wouldn't be messing around if Iran was where Venezuela is.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It was under the pretext of weapons capable of reaching Europe that the UK went to war. Just Google the 'dodgy dossier'. It sound like the war machine is sounding off.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
why on earth would they fire misilles at yurp, when they could fire them at whinerland?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I doubt Iran would waste missiles on Europe, Iran would probably lob off as much of it towards Israel because Israel will be firing off nuclear missiles towards Iran. If I was Iranian I would want to take out as much of Israel as I could.

I think Iran is just waiting for an attack rather than waiting to start one. They're simply not in a position to go on the offensive. It's possible Iran has secret nuclear bombs but who knows how much. Israel has hundreds, confirmed, and has threatened to attack Europe if Israel collaspes

Noted Israeli military historian Martin van Creveld stated that Israel could find itself one day forced to exterminate the European continent using all kinds of weapons including its nuclear arsenal if it felt its demise neared, stressing that Israel also considers Europe a hostile target
(quote from above link)

They are trying to say Iran will launch missiles at Europe to make Iran look bad, Iran never made threats towards Europe unlike Israel has suggested in the past.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Quite a few countries can "launch hundreds of missiles if they wanted to" including the USA.

Does that mean the US needs to be immediately attacked because it is building nukes, and may be a threat to world peace?

I would be far more worried about Iran if it had 170 military bases located all over the world, had been involved in constant warfare for sixty years, if it's economy was now totally dependent on maintaining war (somewhere), and was currently fighting two wars of aggression, and was seriously looking to begin a third war.

We all know who the war mongers are, and it sure ain't Iran.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
WHOA Am I the only one here who just got hot with a MASSIVE case of Deja Vu!!!!

Is it time to wheel out Colin again to show us those pesky Iranian WMD tankers in the middle of the desert!!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Oh you mean Iran? The same Iran that ships rockets into Gaza and Lebanon? Shame on Gates for war mongering against these peace loving Iranian nut jobs.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Gates would love it if Iran launched missiles at Europe. The targetted country would love the response by American B-2 stealth bombers as well. Seems all round everyone would be happy (except the Iranian's).

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Yea , what's the deal Iran was just offering to help with the oil leak, they don't want peace with Iran.
All of the BULL it is about oil and who is controling it, or it seems that is what most of it is about.
I believe 9/11 was false flag to, how else were we going to get the pipe line they wanted in Afghanistan built,it's still going to take another 10 years to finish.
And how could we have ever gotten Iraq's oil Sadam wasn't going to play balland they couldn't get the Jackals in to do hit on him, they had to make up bull to go to war.
People still don't relize these are Demons, not Angels, read that Book confesion of a Economic Hitman.
The US Government has amitted to murdering leaders of other countries right along, much it's own.
People are blind Old Grandpaw Bush was dealing with the Germans in WWII, that's how he made all his money, Old man Kennedy was Bootlegger.
People are Dumb as rocks, Get ready for the correction, cause all Hell is about to break loose.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Oh you mean Iran? The same Iran that ships rockets into Gaza and Lebanon? Shame on Gates for war mongering against these peace loving Iranian nut jobs.

so do the americans, the brits, the Israelis, almost all countries are arm smaller forces they support. only diffrence between the iranian nut jobs compared to its counter parts in the US, the US is known for attacking others under faulse pretenses.

US = Nut cases
Israel = Nut cases
Iran = Nut Cases
exetra

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Earth to gates, anyone can launch a hundred missiles at Europe and that includes you as well. Nothing but idiocy. I can include the word "could" into any sentence and be allowed to say anything on media and get away with it. A more professional statement would be something of the nature of "evidence demonstrates Iran stockpiling/demonstrating/targeting...blah blah...certain European cities.."

Using the word "could" or rhetorical types of words is so idiotic that I think this Gates person has the IQ of my left toe, not the right one, because that one is smarter, but my left toe.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Just another excuse to say there's an evil country to get the resources , oops they mean to say another evil that must be stopped as they have WMD's. Just more fear mongering from those that will profit from the war machine.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Piffle.. The u.s with its greed, bloodlust and rampant paranoia is a bigger threat to the world than iran ever will be..

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
And they can do it within 45 minutes. Prepare! We've gotta bring some democracy and Gates, please deploy that missile shield, we need the protection of Uncle Sam urgently!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This is just a normal step forward i believe, the speech i mean

I live in a country that hosts US troops and a country that agreed to host an american anti missile shield by 2015. This all comes in the troubled international context at the moment and i believe that the entire procedures of setting up the anti missile shields are trying to be speed up , so this is why this statement appeared

And it's all coming after some visits between the US and some countries in eastern europe .
Leon Panetta visited both Bulgaria and Romania , visits that were supposed to be secret , but the word got out after the office of the romanian president published the meeting on their portal. Only after that Panetta admitted on previously visiting Bulgaria .
After that officials of those 2 countries visited the USA and the sole purpose is the speeding up of the anti missile shield procedure , despite what the official purpose of those meetings are said to be

No offense to you guys bu i'd rather take the word of Ahmadinejad over the word of a representative of your government and if by any chance there is going to be a referendum on the matter of hosting the anti missile shield ( like it should be , as it is stated in our constitution , on a problem of national interest ) the entire anti - missile shield affair will be overwhelmingly rejected by the people.

But sadly in a country were dead people get to vote ( for the current president... ) and the illiterate presidents daughter is sent to Bruxelles to represent the romanian people in the european parliament ,there won't be any referendum , even if there are tens of thousands of people that already signed lots of petitions in this matter

[edit on 19-6-2010 by charlie_the_loafer]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

so do the americans, the brits, the Israelis, almost all countries are arm smaller forces they support. only diffrence between the iranian nut jobs compared to its counter parts in the US, the US is known for attacking others under faulse pretenses.

Well you may wnt to forgive the Brits and Yanks they have standards they have to work around whereas Iran can attack without pretenses of any sort.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Was it under direct orders from the Iranian administration to load trucks and boats with missiles and deliver them to Hamas/Hezzbollah in Gaza?... or was it underground malitias?.. or what?...

I'm curious. I'll check back for your response in a bit..

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I can picture a giant sling-shot with suicide bombers getting ready to be flung out to the west.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlie_the_loafer

No offense to you guys bu i'd rather take the word of Ahmadinejad over the word of a representative of your government and if by any chance there is going to be a referendum on the matter of hosting the anti missile shield ( like it should be , as it is stated in our constitution , on a problem of national interest ) the entire anti - missile shield affair will be overwhelmingly rejected by the people.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by charlie_the_loafer]

Its hard to understand why you feel this way considering Iran and its little proxies love to play with rockets and missles. Not even taking sides here just pointing out that there is a real tendency there and it goes all the way to the top.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join