It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Million Bassijis Mobilised - Iranian Commander

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

12 Million Bassijis Mobilised - Iranian Commander

www.iranfocus.com

Tehran, Jun. 18 - More than 12 million Iranians have been organised into the paramilitary Bassij, according to the force's acting commander.

"70 million people share the ideal of Bassijis and are steadfast in their defence of the Imam's [Khomeini] ideals as well as Islamic and revolutionary values", claimed Brig. Gen. Ali Fazli. His remarks were carried by the Fars news agency, which is affiliated with the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
12 Million!!! - Hard to believe that number is true, but even part of that number is just huge... Iranian propaganda?

But Iranian aid fleet is closing Gaza and Israel is once again raising their threats about bombing Iran. USA did what was excpected - not condemned Gaza aid fleet attacks, ignore Turkish uranium swap deal, and drove UN sanctions in UN Security Council.

We are in straight path to war, gentlemans - and its possible that Iranians has made that same conclusion too. Sorry to say for those who thinks these wars are made by over night, and maybe already are living in false hopes - thats just overtime we are living now, and from moment Iranian soil is bombed, you all will hope this day will come back, when everything was still possible to avoid...

Iran is no joke - lets just hope US/Israel, those Illuminated Banksters feels that too - "Its just bridge too far."

www.iranfocus.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN
[more

Who are the Bassijis?
only video i found that explains them

is This really Happening?

[edit on 18-6-2010 by 7even7eas]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
WOW...12 million Basenji's is a lot of angry dogs to put on the battlefield. We would need a lot of dog catchers to whoop up on Iran.

Ohhhh you said 12 million Bassijis not Basenji's...my bad.

Got to have a sense of humor from time to time ATS.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Not only is the western bankers systems collapsing, the systems in Iran are failing and collapsing as well. The Iranian regime are preparing for the war that Israel is about to start by bombing their aid convoys, and they're becoming desperate themselves to stifle the disgruntled revolutionary guards who can no longer afford to be paid.

Former elite officers reveal tensions in Iran regime

Deep divisions within the Revolutionary Guard, the powerful military organisation at the heart of the Iranian state, which have widened since last year's repression of the so-called green opposition.

• Firsthand accounts of the measures taken to crush the popular protests that erupted in the wake of last June's presidential elections. The men interviewed describe the widespread use of rape and torture by the regime.

• A ruling elite so unsettled by the uprising that it had a plane on standby ready to fly the president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and the supreme leader, Ayatollah Khamenei, to Syria at a moment's notice.

One former guard interviewed for the film says that until he fled the country earlier this year, he was part of the security team surrounding Khamenei. "I want people outside to know what is happening and what this regime is doing to them," says Muhammed Hussein Torkaman. He accuses the regime of betraying the values of the 1979 revolution in an effort to keep a grip on power.

Kids from the countryside who don't know any better will be fighting the war for Khamenei.... same from the US and Britain - kids who don't know any better will fight for the bankers regimes and we'll have the first battles of the first great war of the 21st century.

Another former guard accuses the government of filling the ranks of the guards with young men from the countryside willing to carry out brutal assaults which more senior officers would not countenance. "The majority of these recruits ... have no idea of right or wrong," he says. The regime "hands them weapons and these young people come into the streets and commit acts of murder".

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Sense says...

12 million Basenji's is a lot of angry dogs to put on the battlefield. We would need a lot of dog catchers to whoop up on Iran.

Probably 90% will be scared kids with 1% of the equipment and weaponry of the US Army. Should be a cakewalk but you'll still lose like in Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Sense says...
WOW...12 million Basenji's is a lot of angry dogs to put on the battlefield.

Wouldn't that be an irony if Israel was invaded by 12 million cute basenji's with no bark but a little yodel instead? Much better than 12 million Bassijis I think!

Please Allah, change all the Bassijis into quiet and playful Basenjis. In the name of Allah the great and merciful.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

According to the CIA website Iran has around 68 million of which about 72% are between the ages of 15 and 60. Of what percentage would fight? Who knows. The potential for a fomidable force is there.
Seeashrink

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by Common Sense says...

12 million Basenji's is a lot of angry dogs to put on the battlefield. We would need a lot of dog catchers to whoop up on Iran.

Probably 90% will be scared kids with 1% of the equipment and weaponry of the US Army. Should be a cakewalk but you'll still lose like in Afghanistan.

Hmm did we win in afghanistan already? Then why are us forces still on the ground? By winning means that their society gets transformed into a perfectly acceptable of us occupation without weapons. An american can walk over their and say its their area...yea we haven't won against a bunch of opium farmers...you think we'll do any better in iran?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
delete

[edit on 18-6-2010 by 7even7eas]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Iranian military breakdown

Foreign suppliers

United Kingdom
Russia
Belarus
North Korea
China

Service branches

Ground Forces
Navy
Airforce
Iranian Air Defense Force
Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps
- Ground Forces
- Navy
- Airforce
- Quds Force
- Basij

Personell

Active = 545,000
Reserve = 350,000
Basij = 11,390,000

en.wikipedia.org...

So I bet Iran does have 12,000,000 Basij now.

[edit on 6/18/2010 by Misoir]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

yeah it says in the artilce "many observers discount offical claims of the Bassij as far too exaggerated."

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

did we win in afghanistan already?

I thought Petraeus said it's a stalemate, which isn't winning therefore a form of defeat after 9 years of fighting.

you think we'll do any better in iran?

Going on the length of the Afghanistan war, I'd say by the time the US gets itself entirely bogged down in Iran after 10 years, the Chinese will be ready to conquer most of the world.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
One thing I recall from the protests after the stolen/phoney elections, that the Bassijis were the ones which were the most hated and feared by the populace. I think they were the ones doing most of the shootings and beatings of civilians and protesters.

If there are really that many Bassijis in Iran, then the only way the government would ever fall would be through a huge bloodbath.

I believe the regular army forces act more like a regular army.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

So I bet Iran does have 12,000,000 Basij now.

How many will be 14-20 year olds from villages who have no jobs and are bribed to hold a weapon and die for the iranian regime???.... just like the US army recruits who need the money and can't find any other job...... It's all a sick game of chess with kids used as pawns sent into battle.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

One thing I recall from the protests after the stolen/phoney elections, that the Bassijis were the ones which were the most hated and feared by the populace. I think they were the ones doing most of the shootings and beatings of civilians and protesters.

That's true, with those more willing to shoot protestors being brought in from Lebanon who couldn't even speak Persian. The guardian source I posted near the top of the page has interviews with former revolutionary guards general and is worth a watch.

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 18-6-2010 by john124]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

not like the brits are any better, we had to bail em out in basra and are doing the same in helmand...

top topics

join