It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darkworld, the dimension between being asleep and awake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It had been a long weekend. I'd been out Saturday night to a freinds birthday, it was a good night. All the usual suspects were there. Sunday had come and gone with little of note to report. To tell you the truth, all I'm looking forward to is my bed.

Sometimes, you sit eating your dinner, just dreaming of a hot shower, fresh sheets and an early night. Tonight is one of those times. The prospect of work tomorrow adds extra weight to already tired eyes, barely able to focus on the tasty meal made for me by my flatmates. As we clean up the dinner mess, discussion turns to the week ahead, the bills to be paid and plans for the subsequent Weekend. All I can think about is my bed.

The dishes are finally done, the "good nights" have been said, I'm so close. I'm on the stairs, just yards from my room. I bid a final fair well to my friends and with a laboured gait I make my way to by bedroom at the top of the stairs.

Ten minutes later, after a steaming hot shower I'm ready for bed, I set my alarm. Relieved to finally lay in my bed and reach for the bedside table to turn off the light. Downstairs I can hear Tom and Nat potting around, going through their own pre-bed rituals. A cupboard door slams, a tap turns, I sense my consciousness is in that land between being awake and asleep. The land where dreams become reality, nightmares materialise into real life.

The darkness is total, more than usual? I'm not sure, but it really is dark. Still, my room mates clatter around downstairs but I'm barely holding slumber at bay, enjoying the euphoric state of near sleep.

What was that? I'm slightly confused as my bedroom door opens. Through closed eyes the light from the hallway cuts through the dark like headlights through mist. Damned cat. Recently a stray cat had begun to move in, making itself at home.

The door to my bedroom closes as abruptly as it opened.

That's odd, cats don't close doors, as far as I know.

My heart is beginning to beat rapidly now, uneasiness is covering me like the darkness that returned with the closing of the door. Before I can process all this, I sense movement and can feel the bed move.

The mattress between my legs is pressed down, something is on the end of my bed!!! The cat? I finally open my eyes, I can still feel the bed dipping, the sensation that I'm not alone. Enough is enough, I'll have to turn on the lamp.

But I can't move, my heart jumps into my mouth, my eyes scan left to right, straining to see in the absence of light. I'm panicking now. this isn't right. Why can't I move, okay, I'll scream.

I scream at the top of my voice, sweat pouring from my brow. Nothing comes out. I can't move, I can't scream, I can't see. What is going on?

The bed moves, the bed rocks, whatever is on the end of my bed starts to move up it. Another failed scream, more struggling, more blind fear. I'm going to die. I open my eyes for what I imagine will be the last time, I see an entity, a shape, it's laying astride me. Another inaudible scream, what are you, get the hell off me.

Oh God what the hell is going on. The shape lays across me now, I can see it clearly, grey, blue full of colour but without form, whatever this is it isn't of this earth.

I try pleading with thoughts, please, whatever you are, please leave me alone!! It turns, then the most terrifying inhumane noise comes out from this entity, intelligible, inaudible but as real as anything I've ever heard before. I shout with my mind's voice, PLEASE!!

As if a strong breeze had blown through my room, the shape continues up my body and out the window, which is unopened above my bed.

The commotion stops, I can feel the sensation come to my limbs again, thank God! I lean over to switch the light on, I'm trembling with fear. I stand and turn to face the window, but my assailant has disappeared into the darkness, to where I'll never know. Maybe I don't want to know.

I'm running down the stairs, barely touching the carpet. Unbelievably Tom and Nat hadn't heard a thing, not a sound. Cautiously, they come up to my room with me, the sweat on my sheets the only evidence that anything had occurred.

Sleep didn't come to me again that night. Nor did my attacker.

Sleep well ATS! Kiwi

[edit on 19-6-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Interesting story my friend.

And welcome to the world of sleep paralysis.
When the brain thinks the body is asleep, it releases a chemical that relaxes the muscles and starts the overnight process of sleep.

Normally the body is a sleep and the brain is an a beta state. Thats means low brainwave activity. But when the brain thinks the body is a sleep...but your consciousness isn't into dreamland... You'll find yourself in the zone you call the 'darkzone'... where you hallucinate and cant move because your body is asleep, but the consciousness isn't.

That...would be a rational explanation.

Going into paranormal stuff here is useless. Nobody can prove anything. The thing is, when you've experienced it yourself, you don't need proof

Cheers

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Fascinating story kiwfoot

For anyone who has ever experienced that sleep state it can be a scary experience indeed.

Have you thought about entering the BBOT writing contest in the short story forum? I think you would do well my friend.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Sleep well ATS!

That's it. I'm not going to bed!

Seriously, now. After reading your story, I checked the [BBOT] stories and didn't see you there. I agree with Wayne, you should give it a go.
Your story has great tone and it genuinely gave me the creeps because your description of the unseen presence felt authentic.
Great stuff, Kiwi.

All the best.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Hindsight is 20/20

I had similar experiences with Sleep Paralysis and too real to explain nightmares. This was years ago.

Looking back, I can say what caused this for me. I exposed myself to a lot of heavy metals in the form of my favorite food, Tunafish sandwiches. Seafood & especially Tuna is loaded with Methyl-Mercury which is 60 times more toxic than the mercury- silver fillings they put in your teeth.

No-one had ever warned me there was so much of that $hit in my food, or the ill effects.

I do remember those vivid nightmares of wanting to scream but could not scream, visited by dark beings. Its nearly as real as life.

Do yourself a favor, and go to a alternative healer. Ask for a challenge chelation test. If they don't know what your talking about find another who does.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by zzombie]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solidus Green eye
Interesting story my friend.

And welcome to the world of sleep paralysis.
When the brain thinks the body is asleep, it releases a chemical that relaxes the muscles and starts the overnight process of sleep.

Normally the body is a sleep and the brain is an a beta state. Thats means low brainwave activity. But when the brain thinks the body is a sleep...but your consciousness isn't into dreamland... You'll find yourself in the zone you call the 'darkzone'... where you hallucinate and cant move because your body is asleep, but the consciousness isn't.

That...would be a rational explanation.

Going into paranormal stuff here is useless. Nobody can prove anything. The thing is, when you've experienced it yourself, you don't need proof

Cheers

A part of me always wants a paranormal explanation for SP. That would be the most fun, but I beleive you're right.

Although, experiencing it for the first time, such rational thoughts are a million miles away!!

All the best, kiwi!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60
Fascinating story kiwfoot

For anyone who has ever experienced that sleep state it can be a scary experience indeed.

Have you thought about entering the BBOT writing contest in the short story forum? I think you would do well my friend.

Thanks mate, I appreciate your appreciation!

One question, what's BBOT? LOl!

new topics

top topics

join