It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mort Zuckerman: World Sees Obama as Incompetent and Amateur

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Y2Zgt
When I make a list of the pros and cons of globalization I see more pros than cons, so logically it is better. TRY AND PROVE ME WRONG! Don't just attack or use illogical fallacies.

Logically?

Try to prove you wrong?

Didn't they teach you in college that it is impossible to prove the negative - as in "prove obama is not incompetent"?

Can't be done.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Globilization at one point in time will be neccessary, but not in the way we see it coming now.
right now, the entire world is facing an economic meltdown. this means when things crash and everyone is running around in circles, the Very Rich people will Buy Everything , Buy every politician, Buy all the Millitary, Buy all the Food, Buy all the Governments.

Then we will see an end to welfare, foodstamps, And other forms of redistribution of wealth.

Millions, perhaps Billions will be affected.

In the end, when all the weak starve off, The people who have bought everything across the globe will now own your life.

if you will want to live you will be a slave.

globilazation = worldwide slavery.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

"Are you trolling or just that ignorant? "

Neither, I am trying to figure out why so many people are scared of Obama and globalizations. Did you ready my other posts? If you weigh out the pros and cons globalization wins.(open to your perspective)

We are all citizens of the world, I don't see why there is so much hype against a world government.

And as far as the cap and trade thing goes, I don't see the problem with paying more taxes, I didn't need to be rich. I am comfortable living how I am. My generation isn't as greedy as previous ones. More taxes means a better world. The more taxes the more money that goes into education, ending hunger and making the streets and cities cleaner.

Why are so many on this website against taxes and globalization?

Barack Obama is a revolutionary because the definition is :

revolutionary |ˌrevəˈloō sh əˌnerē|
adjective
engaged in or promoting political revolution

and thats what Mr. Obama is doing.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

I have seen your posts on several threads in several boards. Your a very dedicated troll i have to hand it to you.

Nothing Obama has done thus far would even come close to qualifying for "revolutionary," well i guess that's not counting the color of his skin.

If Obama was anything like the "change" he promised then i would have no problem supporting him; however, as other posters have stated it matters little what you or i think of him; the concern here is what the rest of the world thinks of the US and our president.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

feeding more money into a broken system isnt going to fix anything.

according to your definition obama is not a revolutionary.

asking the government to hold your hand when you cross the street might sound good to you but i'll be happy if they would just leave me alone

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by des9996

xenophobia |ˌzēnəˈfōbēə; ˌzenə-|
noun
intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries : racism and xenophobia are steadily growing in Europe.

Alot of members on this thread suffer from this phobia.

What up with people saying he is going to turn us into a MUSLIM nation. Why do you believe in that?

Barack Obamas polices are revolutionary. If you don't agree with them that doesn't change that they are revolutionary. Obama is standing up for what he believes in and I applaud him.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
reply to post by brainwrek

Repeating what I've said many times before. After originally supporting Bush, I'm no fan of his now.

However, Bush and anything conservative were crucified for years by many of the same people here that are now defending obama at all costs.

Fair is fair. Level playing field and all that.

Ummmm...ok.......

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

In todays world of politics Centurion a president doesn't need to be either qualified or competent, all he needs is to have the backing of the corporate powers with their hoard of lawyers, advisers and butt kissers.

You know that.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
How is Barack Obama not qualified, I just did some quick looking into the qualifications of running for president and he seems to might all of the requirements. Oh ya, he one too! SO TO me your post needs some editing.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
hey..that is NOT the quote I was addressing.....

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

Not worth the time to unchain your brain. The kool-aid has done its work.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
We were all naive. A Government is just a corporation we are already slaves to our creature comforts, cannon fodder for the greedy few.

I think every politician should face a a trial after their tenure, if its found decisions where made to benefit the few over the many, or important political decisions were made for self gain then they are prosecuted for treason against the people, sentenced to a lifetime career as a low level underpaid worker in the service industry, all wealth removed made to start again or 20 years in prison or death. At least they have a choice which is more than they give most their citizens.

In a sense we deserve what we get, we have allowed PR the media and celebrity endorsements influence our every waking decision, its actually embarrassing, what an ultimately dumb creature we really are.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
ok....just to clarify.....I think Obama is just a distraction...we all quibble and squawk about conservative this and liberal that...but we're ALL being dubbed....laughed at and used....maybe we just need to figure out some things here....

link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

Let's try this again. Did you read the article? Or just see someone attacked your savior and you had to rush in and save him?

The article that is the premise for this thread discusses how he is losing respect that have taken years to develop. So even if your global views were correct(that's a different discussion completely) this isn't the guy to get you there. The world is losing respect for him, no one can lead without respect. He is a power hungry guy, and I think he would love to rule the world, but when he wakes up on cold November day in two years, he's going to see just how much love and respect their is here, not to mention the rest of the world.

link   
I think most of America sees him the same way.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

I agree and here it is: www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Of course there is people whole will call him amateur. But he is a revolutionary, of course the average person won't agree with him now because of what the media is telling them. If you really look at what he is doing you can see that he is bettering the world. He won the Nobel Peace Prize for crying out loud! This man wants peace, alot of you seem to want the opposite, he want's to see the world united. And for people who quote the constitution and see he goes against the constitution needs many more amendments. And all of you pro gun advocates wouldn't have them if it weren't for the bill of rights or the first 10 amendments to the constitution. The CONSTITUTION isn't PERFECT that's why the allow amendments for CHANGE. WAKE UP!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

And another example of Americans having lost confidence in Obama just like the World has: publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Y2Zgt
reply to post by des9996

xenophobia |ˌzēnəˈfōbēə; ˌzenə-|
noun
intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries : racism and xenophobia are steadily growing in Europe.

Alot of members on this thread suffer from this phobia.

OK. Enough is enough.

Now you are are qualified to psycho-analyze the other members here.

You are obviously trying to derail the thread by first posting about globalization, and shifting to xenophobia - NEITHER of which are the topic of this thread.

I invite you to start your own thread on "globalization". Oh and if you do, please also post the "cons" you say you used in your "analysis".

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Here are some of the cons:

Millions of Americans have lost jobs due to imports or production shifts abroad. Most find new jobs--that pay less.

-- Millions of others fear losing their jobs, especially at those companies operating under competitive pressure.

-- Workers face pay-cut demands from employers, which often threaten to export jobs.

-- Service and white-collar jobs are increasingly vulnerable to operations moving offshore.

-- U.S. employees can lose their comparative advantage when companies build advanced factories in low-wage countries, making them as productive as those at home.

This is just a few, this is something I have been studying from along time. There are many pros and many cons but to put it simply, the pros outweigh the cons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join