It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente: The entire system is collapsing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by dragonsmusic

You must not have been listening to him for long, else you've got a bad memory.

Don't you remember hearing about, "panic in the streets" , "tax revolts" , "revolution" ,

February 2009, He said this of next year:

"New York City looks like Mexico City. If you have money or they think you're going to have money, you're going to be a target for a kidnapping. We're going to see major cities look like Calcutta. There is going to be the homeless, panhandlers, hookers. You have people that are ignorant, functionally illiterate, and whacked out on drugs, hillbilly heroin, you name it, meth, go down the line, and they have nothing to lose. You are building the worst-case scenario. From that, we can back off, but people better realize that the worst-case scenario could actually happen. 9/11 happened. This can happen. An economic 9/11, the likes of which we've never seen."

He's said A LOT of BS.

Not a little.

A LOT.

I guess you have not been to Detroit, Baltimore or parts of California.

Not all of it has come to pass yet.

Give it some more time and more of it will start to unravel.

Right now the world still accepts the US dollar as the world reserve
currency, but several nations have called for a new reserve.

When that happens we are fast tracked for the same path as
the other 34 prior instances of hyperinflation.

en.wikipedia.org...

35 if you count the 100 to 1 revaluation in N. korea not too long ago.

I do not remember him giving fixed dates.

I think you are angry at his predictions like a ruler of the ancient
world that wanted to kill the messenger that brought bad news.

He has been more right than the plutocrats running the country
and I do not hear your anger for them ?

In any event, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I've been wracking my brain for the last 10 minutes trying to find a way to say what i'm going to say that isn't *mildly* insulting, but I can't, so:
The suggestions you've listed are nothing but rhetoric and slogans.
Now, I agree with each of your points, and am as guilty of using easy slogans as anyone. Hell, if they get the point across in a way that's quickly and easily understandable they should definitely be used.
But we need to move past talking points and towards action, or at least organization.
For example: what needs to happen for more people to truly embrace The Golden Rule? in the case of people who do not, what are their motives? (as despicable as I find the actions of the elite and others of their ilk, they are not inhuman monsters that are pure evil 24/7. There are people in their lives that they care about, and they care about them in the same way that we care about those close to us)

I have a feeling that was a little obtuse, so I'll try again:
In the case of people who use hard drugs, the legality of these drugs doesn't curb addiction, so maybe instead of criminalizing these people we need to address what leads people to use said drugs.

Sorry for possibly derailing. In the near future I intend to start a thread to try and get some community involvement in trying to come up with solutions. Or if anyone else wants to start that thread, that would be super-duper-mega-awesome. Like a unicorn high-fiving a rainbow.... Or if that thread already exists, could you point me towards it.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
ok, here goes. this is just the opinion of a 42y/o f living in the outer suburbs of sydney, australia.

i have been listening to gerald celente now for the last say 6 months. i have read alot here on ats, even though i rarely post, and also a lot on the internet and you tube etc. i am giving it till the end of the year, and if nothing of any of these predictions come true im turning off the computer and going out to enjoy the sunshine. from what i have read, many have predicted it all to take place before or on 8 november.

i will now outline my reasons for my believing what i have read. about 18 months ago when the gfc was coming to light for those of us who were not up to speed with what was happening, i thought australia was heading for the worst economic times in memory. our prime minister kevin rudd then went on one of the most massive spending sprees in history. he gave everyone money. if you were a family with kids, you got more. in total, being married with 3 kids at school all up i received about $8000. my parents got about $300. he also gave billions to have roof insallation installed in as many homes as possible. the amount was up too $1800 per home. all the tradesman in australia whether they be plumbers, builders even gardeners stopped what they were doing and began installing insallation. funny enough, every home cost $1800 no matter the size. even ppl from overseas got involved. every day you had indians coming to your door or ringing you at tea time asking to do your house. then 4 young men died due to not being trained in this field. 3 were electrocuted in the roofs and 1 died of heat stroke because he was in a roof in 42 degrees installing this crap. the est temp in the roof was over 70 degrees. finally the government had to call an end to the madness. they then started building a hall, canteen or library in every school in the country. suddenly buildings that would cost $200,000 now cost $800,000. all it has achieved so far is too make the top 3 building companies in australia even richer than they were. this madness still continues today. the money was suppose to trickle down to the workers. it has not. all im trying to say is that as a country, we now have the ass out of our pants. we are in debt. all it seems to have done is delayed the inevitable. the crash is coming, but when.

it seems as though it may not be too far away. my husband is a butcher. for the last 2 months now things have gone quiet. extremely quiet. all butchers are talking about it. people starting to be layed off. you wouldnt think it would affect meat sales as everyone has to eat, but it does.

i like to think of it like this. you trip, stumble for a few steps and you either go down or by some miracle you stay on your feet. i think the world tripped about 18 months ago, right now we are in the stumbling stage. in the next six months we will find out if we fall and hurt ourselves, or by some miracle we regain our feet and continue on.

so thats why im giving it till xmas to see what happens. and if by some chance we are still on our feet, im going to go out into the sun and enjoy the great aussie summer, have a drink and think "#, that was close".

the end.

p.s - as of today it is in the news that next week the labor party is thinking of kicking kevin rudd out of the prime ministership. he will go down in history as the first ever prime minister not to see out a full first term.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
America looks like its going down the poo tube....

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
ummm I saw alot of posts on the first page saying off with their heads. I just wanted to clarify a bit.

He said workers of the world unite 2.0 that would be us.(common folk) then he says off with their heads 2.0 that would be "them" speaking. (kings ordering dissenters to death.)

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
There are relevant bible verses that shows some semblance of basic economy and life will be functioning right until the end.

Matthew 24: 36-39

36“However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows. 37“When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah’s day. 38In those days before the flood, the people were enjoying banquets and parties and weddings right up to the time Noah entered his boat. 39People didn’t realize what was going to happen until the flood came and swept them all away. That is the way it will be when the Son of Man comes.

The obliviousness of the masses was predicted by Jesus for our time, before the economic end comes. Most people are so consumed with their daily activities they don't realize what is happening, especially economically.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
i'm a dog. (my ego)

every law is a leash.

my potential? hidden from me by those who own the words available to me...

my dogwalker (the super-ego) wants me to move in any direction..

but the weight of the leashes is so great me and the dogwalker and the dogcatcher can't move in any direction....

how many laws are you subjugated to?

what are the number of manditory expectations required of me to be a good enough neighbor for you to want to live next to me?

do i pay taxes so more people can make more laws no one can learn in one lifetime, no one can know... am i paying people to add more leashes, still???

some of my thoughts,
ET

P.S. oh, my "ID" ?
according to the definition it is all things derived from my dna and totally unconscious, according to the currently accepted model.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join