It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente: The entire system is collapsing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Well guys, I've been preparing for this for awhile buy purchasing gold and silver. I suggest others do the same if they want to secure any wealth. No fiat currency in the history of the world has ever succeeded, that's a fact. Another fact is that we don't seem to look at our history books for our understanding of things to come.
So does it all come down to this: We need to eliminate central banks and countries need to take control of their issuance of money?

I think it has a lot to do with it.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Don't you remember hearing about, "panic in the streets" , "tax revolts" , "revolution" ,

February 2009, He said this of next year:

"New York City looks like Mexico City. If you have money or they think you're going to have money, you're going to be a target for a kidnapping. We're going to see major cities look like Calcutta. There is going to be the homeless, panhandlers, hookers. You have people that are ignorant, functionally illiterate, and whacked out on drugs, hillbilly heroin, you name it, meth, go down the line, and they have nothing to lose. You are building the worst-case scenario. From that, we can back off, but people better realize that the worst-case scenario could actually happen. 9/11 happened. This can happen. An economic 9/11, the likes of which we've never seen."

You overlook the simple fact that revulsion, revolution and evolution do not happen over-night like FedEx or by the calendar like Santa. It takes time and there are a host of variables that retard and speed the process.

Look around you. What do you see? Are things getting better or falling apart?

Of course it's all falling apart.

WHEN DID I EVER STATE OTHERWISE?!

You seem to be blinded by some ideology that distorts reality. In psychology they call that cognitive dissidence--in plain words, DENIAL. The unacceptable and unbelievable is happen right in front of us!

(I'm willing to bet you still have a good job, house, health care, and think that OB has everything under control, even BP.)

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Aliensun]

You're assumptions are idiotic.

I am NOT in denial. I've been aware of this collapse FOR YEARS.

You would be penny less on those bets. They're ALL incorrect.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Okay, so it seems that the majority of people (please don't use the term 'sheeple', it's condescending. Do you expect to enlighten anyone through insulting them?) are willfully sticking their heads in the sand.
And I can appreciate that. It's overwhelming, and disheartening to honestly view the real state of the world we live in. Besides, most people are more concerned with their own lives and well-being, and the lives of their families to be able to even consider the bigger picture.
How do we wake them up? How do we get them to take their heads out of the sand, even if the sand is 52" and has surround sound? Between the time i've lurked ATS, and the short time since I've joined it, it seems that whether or not people here agree with each other, there is a commonality: Everyone seems to want a better, more equitable world. One that pays more respect to the bounty and fragility of the world we live in, and one where people are treated as humans and not cogs in the machine.

So, maybe we should take it upon ourselves to spend as much time looking for a way off the tracks as we do commenting on how 'the runaway locomotive sure is bearing down on us' as we set lawn chairs up ON the tracks.

Maybe to start with, stop calling people who are unable or unwilling to see the bigger picture 'sheeple'. That's flat out insulting.

Maybe start disassociating with truly ridiculous 'theories'. *cough cough* secret reptilian overlords *cough cough*. If people are going to paint us with a broad brush, it's best that the brush not include theories that have more in common with a Mike Mignola comic than reality. Stick to what's sellable to people outside the 'conspiracy theory' world.

Maybe it's time to take a page from the corporations and re-brand. If people equate 'conspiracy theorist' with 'irrational lunatic'... why not refer to ourselves as "Rationalists" or something.

Maybe we need to also present the general population with ways we can actually effect positive change and dig ourselves out of this mire.

seriously, any suggestions?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
He isn't close to spot on. If someone predicts a collapse everyday of their life and the down cycle eventually comes everyone thinks he's a genius.

He has advised to keep your money out of the stock market. A lot of people took their money out at the bottom because of people like him. I left mine in and kept buying low. I already have more money than ever.

He said it was going to collapse in 2009 in the clip below. I recovered 40% or so.

www.youtube.com...

I can't find any 2002 videos after the 2001 collapse when he claimed the same thing back then. The stock market went on to an all time high in 2007.

He is right about the deficit, jobs lost by corporations moving them out, and the crooked bankers-politicians stealing us though. But all this is obvious.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I agree that Celente has been on the mark for years; his opinions are beyond dispute based on his track record.

The question is: when full blown fascism shows its colors (i.e. off with their heads 2.0) what will americans do about it? Will we take action against our masters or will be continue to bend over and take it? My guess is that some will continue to bitch and moan, taking NO ACTIONs, most will watch "dance your ass off," or the latest mass distraction. A few might mimic the courageous Greeks and take to the streets. Will most americans support such action? Probably not, because most of us think that one day we will be a CEO or a wall street or real estate tycoon, or win the lottery. The PTB has done an amazing job of psyops on us.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
He has NOT been spot on. His dates given for events have been ENTIRELY off for the last several years . . at the very least. You're buying into the bs that the publisher has the reporters say each time before they introduce him.

Is he correct that the system is collapsing?

Yes.

Are his predictive dates anything but another guess?

No.

NOBODY knows when this will end, and he's being dishonest with us all by stating he's got a magic 8 ball.

It's all manipulated so bloody hard-core that this jig could keep going on for some time . . or not.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by unityemissions]

>> Absolutely. If the Economic system of the world were actually running the way we think it is -- we would have collapsed in November 2008.

The Fed is buying it's own Federal Notes behind the scenes -- and this means more interest on the National Debt to the banksters that own the fed. Inflation, would actually help people who are in debt, because their debts could be paid back with more easy money. The money strategy is to balance inflation and recession by keeping interest low and creating demand with destruction -- when you blow up a country in a war, you create demand. The Gulf Oil disaster is going to INCREASE GDP.

The other countries of the world have no option but to maintain the status quo -- change means upsetting the situation where THEY are in control so every country's leaders hate change (as a matter of human nature).

The fundamental problem with Economics is that we live on a banking system of debt, and companies have to GROW MORE than the competition to get investment. A bank gets $1 and loans out $10. If it gets that $1 called -- or the $10 is repaid, the money supply reduces. So ideally, you keep your investment, and keep creating more debt. The only way to actually be paid back the $9 you created is for some other company or individual to go into debt.

The only way to keep up with the money demand is to increase the velocity of money -- meaning, doing more with that loan you received and creating a business of value. Theoretically, the country and infrastructure grow with the money supply.

But if the biggest industry in America -- is moving around money -- which is what Wall Street does, how have you created MORE VALUE with the Debt? You haven't. You've created more ownership over the same assets. If the money on Credit Default Swaps exceeds the value of the Mortgage Loans -- then what you've done is created fantasy value and a lot of debt -- which is exactly what happened to cause the crash in November of 2008. The "defaulting mortgages" were a total of $65 Billion in value -- but the Credit Default Swap market was over $1.4 Quadrillion - that's because when the Glass Stegall act got repealed, banks could invest in banks. A mortgage got bundled with insurance, and then that money was treated as an ASSET, and 10x, 20x and eventually 40x of that value was then used to BET on the market, or as a DEPOSIT.

The system crashed because all the companies like Hoovers and Moody's that valued things like bonds or risk were as crooked as everybody else -- and nobody could cash out not knowing what anything was WORTH. It's a Billion Dollars or it's worthless paper -- who knows?

Combined with that, AIG pulled their money that backed all the mortgages of homeowners. You know that Private Mortgage Insurance that you pay to cover THE BANK when you have less than 20%? It wasn't there. That's what AIG does and it didn't do it. Oops. So, all the stooges got everybody upset at Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac or Mexicans getting home loans and not the Banks that knew they couldn't pay -- or the fact that NO MORTGAGE is a risk for a bank with PMI insurance.

Couple this with a corporate model of growth in a world that has finite resources and has hit PEAK POPULATION. You see, without a high birth rate -- there are no extra people to go into debt. Chinese workers are going to make more next year, and Multinationals are running out of third world sweat shops.

This system is also running out of Americans with cash to buy the products or to go into debt. So the government is bought out and creates backs the fantasy money with equally fantasy credit that can never be paid off because there isn't enough VALUE for all the fantasy money.

So it's going to be huge disasters to destroy value and create demand. It's going to be "austerity measures" -- but this will of course mean a smaller market and businesses losing money because real demand is created by wages.

This system of course SHOULD collapse if it were rational -- but it isn't, and more phony money, debt, and "bad guys" will have to appear so the game can keep going.

And your children will be born into a debt they didn't create and can never pay off.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Be smart, get your protection before the system fails to the point, civil war comes back to visit the US for a second time. We The People will only take this repression for so long. A warning to the Powers That Be, we will fight once again to regain our freedom if you push us to far.

This is the best reason I know of for, We The People to go out and buy our firearms/shotguns/long-rifles/handguns and ammunition for each now. Some day sooner then we might want, these items may become harder and harder to come by.

Be Well

RKL

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
This year ain't over yet. Timewave zero states another event is supposed to happen around June 23 of this year. Timewave zero also predicted the April 20 BP oil leak. Even the webbot gurus states there is going to be some emotional stress for this year.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please tell me one year that didn't have some sort of emotional distress? Bad stuff happens everyday. I can predict emotional distress for next year and the year after that and the year after that. Does that make me an expert?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
What/who to believe? I've read on other sites that accounts worth trillions of dollars which have been stolen from the people by the Bush/Oheney/Obama cabal have been frozen - so these are now desperate. Could the oil spill be a way of attacking back? Holding the world hostage? Just sayin'

Whatever is going on, I agree - time to keep the love vibes high.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think he's right about a popular uprising.

This is what they are really terrified of.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Thanks man, one of the first responders asked to see if anyone could debunk this clown! I wanted to jump all over that opportunity! I saw this interview, and others back in August-Sept of 09.
Trust me readers, though Celente has good view points, and raises valid arguements, his "predictions" throughout the past couple of years have been way off..and I mean WWAAAAYYYY off!
Anyone keeping up with current events could have seen this travesty of an economy coming for miles way back in 02, or 03....I know I did!
So thanks again man! Wish I beat you to it to show the ATS readers that this Turkey isnt a god whom knows all!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Well, all he's got to do is say the system is collapsing and enough people will believe him so that the system does collapse. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, and he knows it.

So are you saying all th debt is a figment of peoples imination or would you like to say just how every family in the UK is going to pay off the £90k per households public debt when we can not even balance a budget.

unless you beleive in a money fairy or thinks our maths is somehow wrong then i sure you won't mind showing us the error of our ways but given 1/3 of households in the UK rely on handouts, another 1/3 work for goverment then do account for £270k per working household in your breakdown.

I say we can not even meet the interest payments yet alone pay off any capital and the baby boomers are soon all going to be OAP's but i could always be wrong.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst
"
" Inflation, would actually help people who are in debt, because their debts could be paid back with more easy money. "

Hey turkey! Where did you learn about inflation? Inflation would not make it easier to pay off any debt, inflation is the continued rise in prices usually attributed to an increase of volume of currency.
So just how do you suggest ppl pay off debt if the cost of all consumers way of life would go through the roof? The people wouldn't have the money to pay off any debt because inflation would be a daily increase of tax percentages. Research what happened to Germany before Hitlers time. Inflation at one time was over 600%!

And just so all of you know, before you retards try to manipulate my thread, yes I believe its gonna crash, yes I believe its gonna be survival of the fittest, and it will be about god damn time when it does! I just know one of you haters is waiting to jump all over threads that arent specific, so roll that in your pipe and smoke it Turkeys!

Go back to economics 101 troll!

[edit on 19-6-2010 by SurefireII]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

dude thats what they want! its a case of problem reaction solution. they created the problem, they got the reaction/recession, and then they carried on ploughing money into the debt trying to crash the system, when it does they'll be ready with their solution, the amero. and when the times right a new political system. its what its all been about.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SurefireII

A lot of people beleive inflation leads to wage inflation which was true in the past but i agree this has not been the case of the recent boom with wages rises running well behind the real rate of inflation.

My edge has been to gamble on the price of physical silver protecting me which is no longer attached to the paper price of silver because the paper version is traded at 100:1 against the real stuff and paper certificates do not deliver silver, but fiat paper and when shtf i don't think these certificates will even deliver tolet paper.

In theory if everyone sold the paper version of silver then this would force the price of the physical metal down but my theory is it won't so go ahead punks and make my day because we don't need you.

Do note i use the word gamble and not investment like many other people use when buying shares or stock options.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by LieBuster]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WHOS READY
reply to post by GhostR1der

dude thats what they want! its a case of problem reaction solution. they created the problem, they got the reaction/recession, and then they carried on ploughing money into the debt trying to crash the system, when it does they'll be ready with their solution, the amero. and when the times right a new political system. its what its all been about.

It is obvious to me that the unwillingness to fix the border problem is cemented by the future AMERO actions. If they were not engineering the collapse they would have stopped
illegal aliens who do not pay taxes into our system that needs all the money it can get.

Closing the border and ejecting illegals would be counterproductive to the NAU.

It all seems so clear now yet unfathomable.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FuzzyDunlop

I've got a few:

Spread humanity out, calm us down.

Civil Anarchy.

K.I.S.S.

The Golden Rule.

. . . it's not difficult in theory. our greatest foe is our own ignorance and unwillingness to accept responsibility for the world we see around us. collectively, we shape this rock.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

Celente really is a master at what he does. All his critics say he is a doom and gloom , nayser, but that's all his critics can do is call him names. He points out what people can't or don't want to see.

Exactly. See my signature. If you dont want to believe it, it is the stupidist thing you have ever heard. If you WANT to believe it, no matter how factually unsupported, its brilliant.

People want to believe wealth trickles down. They want to believe that some few at the top can endlessly siphon wealth from the bottom tiers of society and that this can go on into perpetuity.

Its like having too many ticks on a dog. For the first couple ticks, its a great deal. All the blood they want, little work, and so some more ticks jump on, but over time, the load of ticks is more than the blood supply of the dog can support and the dog collapses, spent.

We are the dog, people. Our system isnt working because the wealth and vitality of nations are being consumed and hoarded by ticks, leaving nothing for the supporting structure to sustain its own health and life.

We need to wake up and take us a flea and tick bath, so that we can recover.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
No one is debating that our economy, and that of other countries around the world, are in the crapper. However, Celente trades exclusively on our FEARS. He's the worst kind of futurist shill. Mixing current events with pseudo-economic blather to confuse and obscure the truth instead of shedding light and providing viable solutions.

Think for yourselves. Do some reading and research on what a cretin he is. Are things awful right now? Yes. However, if you buy into this guys dribble then by the end of 2010 we will all be battling it out with cannibalistic humanoid underground dwellers in a post apocalyptic wasteland. As nice as that would be, its highly unlikely.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Oh dear the chap didn't get the date right! so he is full of it right? The date is of no importance; it is not like he is saying there will be free ice cream on the corner of 69th and Cramp at 11:11:11 on the 11th of November 2011.

He is saying "WE ARE F*CKED" because everyone wanted a date to prove what he is saying is happening, because people are to stupid to get it without a date!"

There is only one thing to do and that is to call a general strike and say enough is enough. if we have to totally change who we are and how we live then so be it. What we will not do is allow our governments to start a Global war WWIII to hide the fact that we are broke and allow them to stay in power.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join