It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Earth BP spill now suspected to be Radioactive!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Was the oil spill a deliberate act?

In the 1995 Illuminati card game, see the card 'OIL SPILL' and how the image on the card so closely resembles a photo which was released by the authorities.

Can this also be a coincidence or was the oil spill caused by the same conspirators as those who caused 9/11 (and I don't mean foreign terrorists)!

See stream.adamdodson.org...

After joining this site I've been doing a lot of reading up....and am becoming convinced that the 'alternative truth theories' are right.

We can't say definatively that it was 100% intentional. But we can say that the series of events that lead up to this day are convincing in that implications are falling into place, and that there was a great deal of complacency and subversion (and disaster capitalism). BP, Halliburton, Transocean, and our govt all have major faults in this. They were warned years ago of the potential cataclysm of drilling that spot (from concerns of a highly pressurized, and vast pocket of Methane gas), but it was drilled anyhow. There is an overwhelming amount of data that we members here at ATS have brought forth for debate and consideration. Since mainstream media has no inkling to tell us what is really going on, we must debate and speculate as to the depth and scope of the major impact this gusher is doing. There is a valid reason that the EPA has closed down 32% of the gulf to fisheries.
Again the MSM refuses to come clean about what's going on in that 1-5 mile deep area under the seabed.
You are right though. If something doesn't seem right, it is commendable that you would investigate and come to yor own conclusions. Just like this OP, I didn't invent radiation or immediately assume anything. I posted it here for debate and speculation because of the possibility that it will impact our environment in way we previously had not thought of.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Originally posted by OuttaTime
reply to post by 4nsicphd

I corrected myself back on page 3. It's Hydrogen Sulfide and not the sodium hydrate. My bad. I wanted to correct myself instead of re-editing the OP to make sure it stayed original. I get in a hurry sometimes

Oh, and the validity of the original link can be reinforced by the PDF file in my link half way up this page from the IAEA. It is not 'suspected' as it is spoken in detail on that link (and illustrating the decay process of Uranium and the genres of radioactive material), page 50 of the PDF. That should be enough credibility.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by OuttaTime]

Yeah, and that hydrogen sulfide is some funky stuff. Ever sense a rotten egg smell in well water. That's hydrogen sulfide. The human body produces a small amount which is converted by natural enzymes to a sulfate, which is less toxic. Hydrogen sulfide was used by the British as a chemical agent during WWI. The IAEA surely has credibility as to the decay process of Uranium, which is alpha particle emission. But what was the guy in the video measuring? Beta decay? In which case the sample probably had thorium in it and not uranium, since thorium 234 beta decays to protactinium. And how many bequerel? Why no mass=spec analysis?NORM, or normally Occuring Radioactive materials (background radiation can be as high as 1100 millirems/hr in the Gulf Coast oil regions.)www.rrc.state.tx.us...

Agreed. Hydrogen sulfide is in places all around us. Septic systems, swamps, cow pastures, etc. The question is, what is the purity and density of the sulfide leaking from the seabed. The video was done using an older (I forget the manufacturer) Model 700 from the Civil Defense days, so yeah it's kinda old and doesn't read well in larger concentrations as it was intended for civil use instead of military. The sample was also taken off the coast of Florida, but the fact it was even showing trace readings is surprising enough, even taking into consideration that most everything on Earth is emitting trace elements of radioactive decay. We still don't know for sure the amounts or radiatoin from the crude underneath the seabed as this information is apparently being supressed. Probably under some 'national security' clause.
In all honesty, it's become quite difficult to digest the swarms of data and info from this incident. At this point it's relatively safe to not rule anything out

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pixus
The elites were unhappy that their scheme to push the global-warming lie was foiled by the release of those climate scientist emails. So they hatched the next part of their plan.

Under the guise of a catastrophic oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, they would plant certain chemicals onto the sea bed which would cause the methane to warm up, and turn from it's dormant liquid state, to gas, which would rise from the sea floor and head on to the upper atmosphere, causing man-made global warming.

Methane is 20 times more efficient as a greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide.

The blame would be put on the company that "caused" the oil spill, and the people would think the oil spill was the cause of this disaster. After this, the people were forced to pay taxes based on their "carbon emissions", which meant the governments of the world had control over all consumption and waste of every human being on Earth.

Excellent point. They have no plans to stop. It never hurts to point out the obvious. Remember to take names, just like with 'healthcare'.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

[edit on 19-6-2010 by scratcher]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
From what I am reading it seems that someone has taken the quote 'dropping the stock like it is radioactive and not just oily' and ran with it twisting it to pour more fear on to th public.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by lel1111

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Come, abandon mans unnatural and artificial world, follow me out onto the prairie. We'll build little log cabin and live modest minimal happy stress free NATURAL lives as farmers and earth restoration workers ... while the rest of humanity kills itself off the planet.

I fantasize about this often. Well, more toward the forest for me tho

I hope the radioactive thing isn't true. We're read soooo much info about this. A lot of links, articles and facts included; but it's difficult to weed out the facts from the fiction. But one thing is for certain - this is horrible beyond belief.

I have an interest in tall grass prairies where I live. However, I actually live in the woods. I certainly I'm not ready to handle most of these scenarios alone, but I have a resourceful community that include the Amish.

I'll have to change my disaster map now to include this, however, northern Minnesota still seems like the safest area to live in.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
In 2004, the American Petroleum Institute put out a report entitled,
"Naturally occurring Radioactive material in North American Oilfields: A fact sheet from the API"

It discussed the radioactivity of DEEP oil; oil that is exposed to radioactive material such as thorium or uranium many miles down. Here's a quote from page 1:
"generally speaking, NORM (naturally occurring radioactive material) located INSIDE pipe and equipment does not pose a risk to the Public...."

I will try to get a link to the article I have in front of me.

The jest of it is that as long as there is no leak or spill from deep oil, then things are peachy keen. AS LONG AS THERE IS NO LEAK OR SPILL!!!!!!
How optimistic !

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Here's the link to the API article I cited above:

www.chk.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Try and post the link to your information. I would like to read that information. Thanks for trying...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Thanks for the post! The only thing about these type documents is they seem to point to normal drilling procedures. Being that this was the deepest well ever drilled I wonder if they were able to use the normal monitoring equipment and if they truly knew exactly what was down there?? Maybe it doesn't matter how deep, but I just wonder? I feel they really were not sure what all they were drilling through. I am not trying to say this is radioactive, but I just feel a lot of normal information doesn't apply here. So when they say "no big deal" low radiation, I just wonder if that can be applied to this situation.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Originally posted by SupremeKnowledge
Consumers/Customers have all the power in which a business thrives or survives

Everyone on this planet needs to realize that fossil fuels are highly destructive and unsustainable

You do realize that electric cars still have to be plugged in to a grid that is basically ALL fossil fuels, right?

example of consumer/customer power is with the food industry;
where everyone started buying nothing but healthier foods;
which forced the food industry to produce what was demanded or face death

This same concept could be applied to the oil industry

You mean how the 'food industry' co-opted and watered down organic regulation to a point where it is as meaningless as the term 'natural'?

If you want to live in a post-petrol world, you MUST learn to scale down/power down.

Pluging into the eletrical grid is far less damaging than burning oil for transportation

Nuclear Energy
* the energy produced per amount of material consumed is the highest available
* costs are competitive with coal, the major source used in the world
* uranium, the source material, is abundant
* plutonium, a by-product of commercial nuclear plant operation, can also be used as a fuel
* the amount of waste produced is the least of any major energy production process
* nuclear energy provides benefits other than electricity generation.
*there are 100 operating nuclear power plants in America
* Nuclear power plants emit far fewer atmospheric pollutants than the competition. They
do not emit any sodium dioxide, nitrogen oxide or dust from burning fuel.

* Nuclear power plants do not emit any carbon dioxide, the gas widely believed to be the
primary contributor to the greenhouse effect. The greenhouse effect, of course, causes
global warming. In the United States, coal-fired power plants release approximately
2 billion tons of carbon dioxide each year. However, the limit and even the existence of
global warming is still the subject of much debate.

* Nuclear power plants only need refueling once every year to 18 months. The new store of
fuel constitutes about 2 metric tons, or 6 truckloads of uranium. Coal power plants require
a new trainload of about 100 tons of coal every day.

* Since nuclear power plants use so little fuel, the volume of nuclear waste is much smaller
than the volume of waste from fossil fuel power plants. Even though nuclear waste is highly
radioactive, its small volume enables safe isolation from society.

* Nuclear power is economically competitive with coal, and generally considered much
cheaper than oil or natural gas. In one joint study by several agencies and independent
groups, 11 out of 19 counties found nuclear power to be at least 10% cheaper than coal-
fired power. 7 more of the countries found the prices to be nearly equivalent.

* According to PBS Online, US nuclear power is not responsible for any deaths in its entire history.
Due to mining accidents and respiratory complications, over 30 thousand deaths have been
attributed to US coal mining since the 1930's.

Even on today's electrical grid, plug-in cars are cleaner than the average gasoline car. But there's more. Utilities have plenty of excess generating capacity at night which could charge millions of plug-in cars. While electricity is getting cleaner and more renewable every year, even the cleanest gasoline car becomes ever more polluting. An electric car, on the other hand, just gets cleaner over time as the grid gets cleaner.

Anyways Nuclear power is cleaner than oil, coal, and natural gas
Eventually Nuclear power will be replaced by cleaner technology

[edit on 19-6-2010 by SupremeKnowledge]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Now maybe I'm crazy, but how exactly do you manage to make an already unstable form of matter radioactive? Oil is used because it is incredibly easy to burn. how can it be radioactive? The entire molecular structure would collapse with any added neutrons.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71
If the big shot oil tycoons do not STOP buying out, and crushing technologies that eliminate our need for oil, we better start searching for a DIFFERENT PLANET to live on, as we are certainly DESTROYING this one FAST!!!!

We, the common folk, wouldn't have to rely on oil if the CORRUPT oil tycoons who have only PROFIT and GREED on the their minds 24/7 would try to think about our planet and life itself for a CHANGE.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Shine71]

Just a reminder -- we are not destroying the planet, we are destroying our ability to sustain ourselves on the planet. The planet will erase any evidence of our existence long after we've wiped ourselves out.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
One issue that should be factored in here is radiation ACCUMULATION.

When we do procedures under flouroscopy the MD operator and assistant have to wear lead protection and we also wear a small badge with a radiation monitor. Each exposure itself is non significant, usually. But, in the past several years, I've seen at least a dozen nurses or other techs put on leave from the flouro room because their monitors showed excessive exaccposure.
Point is, many small exposures can be dangerous when they accumulate. How about a very large batch of "small exposures" as in the oil accumulating into spills, plumes, etc?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lel1111

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Come, abandon mans unnatural and artificial world, follow me out onto the prairie. We'll build little log cabin and live modest minimal happy stress free NATURAL lives as farmers and earth restoration workers ... while the rest of humanity kills itself off the planet.

I fantasize about this often. Well, more toward the forest for me tho

I hope the radioactive thing isn't true. We're read soooo much info about this. A lot of links, articles and facts included; but it's difficult to weed out the facts from the fiction. But one thing is for certain - this is horrible beyond belief.

I am a farmer/fisherman/hunter/gatherer, always with sustainablity on my mind...symbiotic with my ecosystem. Only altering what I need to survive, and never disturbing the natural balance of my surroundings. I have provisions for at least a year...woodstoves for heat/cooking...tools and materials at the ready for building/maintaining shelters and cultivating/canning crops. I protect my environment with an iron fist, and challenge all those who would seek to destroy the life I love...and live. I have cried...daily...sobbing until I cannot see, speak, or even breathe...because my earth is in so much pain. And I am ANGRY. So angry that my physical self cannot contain my fury. WE have let this happen...WE are to blame...WE are the cause of this horrible tragedy that words cannot truly convey how deeply I am affected by it. I already am on the edge of the forest...and I already have several places picked out here in the dense rainforest of the Oregon Coast...if you have peace, love, and shared conciousness in your heart and mind, I invite you to join me.

I will continue to weep for my mother...until I cannot cry any longer.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I agree, deep earth radiation is a real possibility, and makes a lot of sense if we think about the magma pocket BP drilled into, which caused the explosion in the first place.

I pray the rig workers can find a way to end this nightmare, but as of now I have little faith BP or (others not named), want this problem solved anytime soon... I think they are intent on skirting our environmental laws, by deliberately destroying parts of the wild life preserves. So they can say later, "will its damaged anyway so why not allow us the use the land for more profitable pursuits".

We the People are in danger of not only losing our lives to toxins and now radiation, but worse yet losing our children's birth right to view and enjoy the beautiful wild southern lands, we may never see again.

Be Well

RKL

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hmmm if this is true, then my suspicion might start making sense. Remember that simultaneous seismic activity registered around the globe, a few weeks back?

Well, if the oil is radioactive, what are the chances there has already been a failed attempt to close the well by nuclear detonation?

Anyone know if such a detonation is even strong enough to be registered all around the planet?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinkytink1207
Thanks for the post! The only thing about these type documents is they seem to point to normal drilling procedures. Being that this was the deepest well ever drilled I wonder if they were able to use the normal monitoring equipment and if they truly knew exactly what was down there?? Maybe it doesn't matter how deep, but I just wonder? I feel they really were not sure what all they were drilling through. I am not trying to say this is radioactive, but I just feel a lot of normal information doesn't apply here. So when they say "no big deal" low radiation, I just wonder if that can be applied to this situation.

Nope. Check your facts before posting.

Shell hits oil in Gulf of Mexico deepwater

Shell has made an oil discovery at the Appomattox prospect in the US Gulf of Mexico Mississippi Canyon blocks 392. Transocean’s semisubmersible Deepwater Nautilus drilled the well.

The discovery wells was drilled in 2,200 m (7,217 ft) water depth to 7,643 m (25,077 ft) TD and encountered 162 m (530 ft) of oil pay. A follow-up appraisal well was drilled to 7,910 m (25,950 ft) and encountered 116 m (380 ft) of oil pay. A second sidetrack was undertaken and further drilling in the area is planned for later this year to confirm the field’s resource potential. Partner Nexen says the well results have exceeded pre-drill estimates.

Pumped Up: Chevron Drills Down 30,000 Feet to Tap Oil-Rich Gulf of Mexico

But the real spectacle is below the surface: A drill is plunging down through 4,000 feet of ocean and more than 22,000 feet of shale and sediment — a syringe prodding Earth's innermost veins. That 5-mile shaft will soon give Chevron the deepest active offshore well in the Gulf. Some land drills have gone deeper, but extracting oil from below miles of freezing salt water and unyielding sediment creates a set of technical problems that far exceed those faced on terra firma.

World's deepest oil well may rival Alaskan field in production

The Tiber well is about 250 miles southeast of Houston in U.S. waters. At 35,055 feet, it is as deep as Mount Everest is tall, not including more than 4,000 feet of water above it.

Extreme Engineering: The Deepest Oil Well

Two hundred miles off the coast of Galveston, Texas, below 10,000 feet of water and another 9,000 feet of mud, salt and rock, lies Shell Oil's most ambitious new target, a swath of seabed the size of Houston that holds enough oil and natural gas to produce up to 130,000 barrels a day.

The BP/Deep Sea Horizon well looks like it wasn't even close to being the "deepest well ever drilled".

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I just want the government to do the radioactivity tests and then inform the public of the results.

Now that this issue is out in the open, hopefully the Gov will do the right thing. It may take six months though.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

The descriptive terms like : planning too , will, and then, are all though your links to the future wells .

Name: Perdido Spar Where: Gulf of Mexico Cost: Undisclosed Estimated Completion: First oil, 2010; all wells online, 2016 The Challenge: Moor a skyscraper-size floating rig to the seafloor, then drill the world's deepest subsea well

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join