It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space ship which doesn't require fuel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth1000
GA,

First, what alloy types would be needed for your metal rods? What will be their composition and what manufacturing processes will be needed to assure the exact right mix? How will you determine the size of the rods that you propose? How will you test your concept of design for your rods? How will you know what the ionizing radiation of space will do to the rods themselves? How do you plan to test whether the IR will affect the functioning of the rods? How long will the rods last? Do any of the space conditions affect the rate of deterioration of your rods?

No offense, but you are clearly an uninitiated amateur with no experience with a working spacecraft.

1. I would use steel.

2. Whatever steel is composed of( apparently it is composed of Iron and Carbon.I looked it up) and manufacture it by smelting iron into a blast furnace from coke.

3. The size of the rods is dependent on the size of the structure as it is proportional to the amount of force you get.

4. I would test it with an actual practice trip using a small scale prototype of the actual ship.

5. I would use a source of radiation that is as high as it needs to be when it is acting through its space journey.

6. I will know how long the rods last as soon as I check their breaking point, the amount of outer forces needed to break them, and the amount of force in outer space while they go.

I didn't answer some because that they have the same answer as the one before it.

<< 1   >>

join