It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Feeling watched + smell = ?

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ok, so I've decided to make my first thread just out of curiosity to see if anyone else has experienced this. I know it sounds horribly ridiculous but I've read quite a few ridiculous sounding things on this site so here goes.

Sometimes I can be in my office at work or at home and all of sudden feel like there is a presence in the room, often feeling like it is right behind me. Just a few seconds later, the room is filled with a horrible smell that smells like dog crap. I have started saying "I know someone's here, I smell you" and both vanish instantly. If I were in one place all the time, I'd investigate the odor but the smell only comes if the presence feel comes first. Weird.

I know, I know, I'm opening up for great comebacks but I assure you it isn't my feet, my behind or my upper lip I"m smelling.

Anyone ever even heard of anything similar?




posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dreampsi
 


Kinda sounds like the onset of a stroke. Do you smoke a lot and eat bad?



posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Lol, you serious?

oneliner



posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger
 


This too was my first thought but then i thought, if that was the case then he wouldnt have 'the feeling'. He would probably have the smell but then the stroke would happen, i doubt it would smell then disappear and so on.

It might be worth while asking any work mates if they smell the same thing as you when it next hapens, i sure would if i were you!



posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Just to add...I AM NOT A DOCTOR, please dont worry yourself over my thoughts or opinions as they are most likely 99% wrong!



posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I've experienced many phantom-smells that I couldn't find a cause for, some were like sulfur, others like the most beautiful flowers ever. For awhile I thought I might've had a stroke, but several doctors visits and an MRI haven't indicated anything to back that theory up.

About feeling watched, you may get a kick of this book called "The Sense of Being Stared At: And Other Aspects of the Extended Mind" by Rupert Sheldrake. People know when they are being watched and i'm reminded of a telescope experiment Sheldrake did. He set up a telescope and camera aimed towards a busy street in front of a window and taped the passerbys. While the telescope was left unattended, the people below just went about their day completely oblivious to the fact that the were taped. However, once a person was behind the telescope actively viewing the people below, a vast majority of the passerbys looked in the directly into the window where the scope was and subsequently right into the camera. They sensed something was up and tried to locate the cause. Fascinating stuff.



posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
reply to post by dreampsi
 


Kinda sounds like the onset of a stroke. Do you smoke a lot and eat bad?


never smoked, eat healthy. If it's a stroke then I've had many and with no apparent effects.



posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by zaiger
 




It might be worth while asking any work mates if they smell the same thing as you when it next hapens, i sure would if i were you!


I work alone now so no one to ask and yes, it goes away as quickly as it came. I even considered some type of sewer gas or I dunno, something like that but since it happens in different places I guess it's just me. *shrug*



posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's your upper lip.
Just kidding. Sounds like The Wailey House case.



posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well the bad odor may be a type of common respriatory illness. Bad smelling phlem can build up in your nose and throat and cause foul odors from time to time. I believe frinking more water helps but you may want to get checked out.



posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazystars
I've experienced many phantom-smells that I couldn't find a cause for, some were like sulfur, others like the most beautiful flowers ever. For awhile I thought I might've had a stroke, but several doctors visits and an MRI haven't indicated anything to back that theory up.

About feeling watched, you may get a kick of this book called "The Sense of Being Stared At: And Other Aspects of the Extended Mind" by Rupert Sheldrake. People know when they are being watched and i'm reminded of a telescope experiment Sheldrake did. He set up a telescope and camera aimed towards a busy street in front of a window and taped the passerbys. While the telescope was left unattended, the people below just went about their day completely oblivious to the fact that the were taped. However, once a person was behind the telescope actively viewing the people below, a vast majority of the passerbys looked in the directly into the window where the scope was and subsequently right into the camera. They sensed something was up and tried to locate the cause. Fascinating stuff.


cool! I'll look for the book, thanks! I've been stared at my whole life. I truly felt like I was in the Truman Show. No matter where I go, I look up and whole tables are staring. The time I noticed it most was when I was having lunch in a Chinese place near our military base. A group of about 10 military guys were in there eating. I was looking out the window and eating, just thinking about some of the crazy stuff I've experienced in my life and I had a creepy feeling of being stared at. (I know it now because it happens so often) One of the military guys was burning a hole in me staring. I ignored it. Felt it again and this time 3 were staring directly at me, obvious. They started turning to each other and looking like some kind of weird frickin' alien movie (not kidding) and then without words being said back and forth, they all turned and looked at me. I swear they were using telepathy! (I'm telepathic, too, so that could have been it) Village of the damn military anyone? This is the kind of crap I have experienced.



posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by h1satsu
It's your upper lip.
Just kidding. Sounds like The Wailey House case.


never heard of it, I'll check it out, thanks!



posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
did it smell like a fowl variant of Cinnamon?

i recall many abductees mentioning the distinct smell, although im sure there is a better way to describe it.



posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Could be some sort of poltergeist activity or a spirit. I remember when I was real young, my parents started freaking out and my mom was crying because we could all smell cig smoke, and then the smell of my grandmothers perfume, then we would hear footsteps upstairs, maybe like three or four steps, then it would all be gone. My grandmother has been dead for 26 years, but my mother most of all could recognize the smell, but we could all smell the same thing. No one smokes, and my mother was not wearing anything of that brand at the time.



posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
just to add, it may be a demonic presence, or a malevolent entity due to the foul odor. That has been recorded with countless cases.



posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
ok I'm gonna tell my story...doubt it is what your experiencing but anyways...

Keep extra attentention to the tyime......i had something so similar...took me a month to figure it out....

Multi vitamin I was takin...was time released , and about the same time everyday I could smell an odor no one else could, and it made me feel like somweone was there...when I was alone....
But long story short is I was burping...venting the gas through my sinusus and did not realize it....ubtil I started keepin a time jounal...



posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreampsi
cool! I'll look for the book, thanks! I've been stared at my whole life. I truly felt like I was in the Truman Show. No matter where I go, I look up and whole tables are staring. The time I noticed it most was when I was having lunch in a Chinese place near our military base. A group of about 10 military guys were in there eating. I was looking out the window and eating, just thinking about some of the crazy stuff I've experienced in my life and I had a creepy feeling of being stared at. (I know it now because it happens so often) One of the military guys was burning a hole in me staring. I ignored it. Felt it again and this time 3 were staring directly at me, obvious. They started turning to each other and looking like some kind of weird frickin' alien movie (not kidding) and then without words being said back and forth, they all turned and looked at me. I swear they were using telepathy! (I'm telepathic, too, so that could have been it) Village of the damn military anyone? This is the kind of crap I have experienced.



Interesting...were you anywhere near Fort Bragg at the time?

Line Squared



posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter
 


You took the words right out of my fingers.
Yes, that's what I thought as soon as I read the OP.
I occasionally have felt in the past that I was being watched, but by an extremely malevolent presence when I was a tennager, which apparently is quite common.
I have never had the bad smell experience though, but many accounts I have read of paranormal activity have mentioned this revolting smell which seems to come and go.
Maybe a search would yield interesting information on this.



posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I hate to sound so mundane about this, but I get the same sensations and smells...for me they are called an "aura"...I get them from having Epilepsy...a difference is I can taste what seems like "tinfoil" and I get the feeling of being watched before having a seizure.



posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Here are some results from the ongoing Staring Test study being conducted by the folks over at the Rupert Sheldrake site:

Staring Test Results

Here's his main site:

Rupert Sheldrake Dot Org



new topics

top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join