It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Significance of your Birthday?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Since today, June 18th is my Birthday, I figured I would make a thread to discuss the significance of a persons birthday as it rolls around every year.

Besides celebrating the fact that you were born, could there be a deeper connection to the actual date of ones birth?

The universe was aligned and things were a certain way on your birthday, does that mean that every year, on this day, there is a deeper quantum connection that everyone feels? I know that people born on the same day, share certain traits. Is there more to this than meets the eye?

Is there "something in the air" on this day every year, that we subconsciously perceive since it was also present on the day of our birth?

Where did celebrating your birthday originate?

Just curious and would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Thanks for reading!

---GeminiSky

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well, Happy Birthday.

At my age, I celebrate my birthday for a whole week.

I think there is something to the alignment of the stars, though. My husband and I had our charts done (whatever that means) and I was blown away by the accuracy of not only our personalities, etc, but our interaction together. It was completely accurate.

I'm a Virgo and I must say that I meet the description very well.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Why thank you!

Me and my Ex both were born on the same day and year...that lasted about 3 yrs. We shared alot of similar traits.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

Happy Birthday.

Today, June 18th, is my Birthday too.

I turned 37 today.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Birthday

A birthday, as the term implies, is the anniversary of the particular day on which a person was born.

Though by no means universal, birthdays are celebrated in numerous cultures, often with a party or, in some instances, a rite of passage.

Though major religious traditions such as the Buddhist or the Christian celebrate the birth of their founders, the most obvious example of which is Christmas, principled opposition to the very idea of celebrating birthdays is to be found among certain religious groups.

Chipmunks - Happy Birthday to You!!!

We're both Gemini's.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Gemini (Astrology)

Gemini (Gem-en-i.e.) (♊) is the third astrological sign in the Zodiac, originating from the constellation of Gemini.

In western astrology, this sign is no longer aligned with the constellation as a result of the precession of the equinoxes.

In astrology, Gemini is considered a "masculine", positive (extrovert) sign.

Perhaps the most dominant Geminian characteristic is versatility.

It is also considered an air sign, and is one of four mutable signs.

Gemini has been closely associated with the planet Mercury and is considered to be ruled by it.

Being the third sign of the zodiac, Gemini has been associated with the astrological third house.

Gemini were twin brothers in Greek mythology and collectively known as the Dioskouroi.

They were the sons of Leda by Tyndareus and Zeus respectively, the brothers of Helen of Troy and Clytemnestra, They are known collectively in Greek as the Dioscuri (Greek: Διόσκουροι, Dioskouroi) "sons of Zeus"

Individuals born when the Sun was in this sign are considered Gemini individuals.

Under the tropical (western) zodiac, Sun is in the sign of Gemini roughly from May 21 to June 20, ending at the moment of summer solstice by definition.

Under the sidereal zodiac, it is currently there roughly from June 15 to July 15.

The Sanskrit name of Gemini in Hindu astrology is Mithuna.

Although I know those things I see them more as interesting conversation than anything I necessarily believe in, and my Rising Sign is Scorpio.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
idk my birthday is on oct. 31 1985 the only thing that usually happens is everyone gets dressed up like fools and gets drunk on my expense when im in the US for it. I never actually heard a zodiac thing for scorpio that fit my description, however i have dated around the zodiac and I must say they all got there perks lol

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Why thank you fellow Gemini! and Happy Bday to you as well!!

So what exactly is an "Gemini Individual"?

[edit on 18-6-2010 by GeminiSky]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ATS'ER

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ATS'ER

Thank You!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Thats funny I literrally was thinking about that yesterday....was wondering if everybody born on same day year as me are somehow similiar in whatever ways...or if your certain day gave you certain traits...if anybody has a cool website to check your bday and what its suppose to mean let me know..

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Happy Birthday Gemini People!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Thank You! and Cool Song!!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Happy Birthday to you both!

My birthday is Oct 26th. True Scorpio here!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JRho900

Thanky very much LOL I think I butt heads with Scorpios...although we can get along too=)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky

Is there "something in the air" on this day every year, that we subconsciously perceive since it was also present on the day of our birth?

---GeminiSky

That's a very novel question to me; and really made me think for a moment: "had I not have a verified and known birthday would I somehow be able to sense it intrinsically?"

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Happy birthday. You to Spartan.

It doesn't mean a thing and is all about commerce. Not so long ago they didn't even celebratea birthday.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
sorry, posted in the wrong forum

[edit on 6/18/2010 by sapient]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall

That's a very novel question to me; and really made me think for a moment: "had I not have a verified and known birthday would I somehow be able to sense it intrinsically?"

Thats EXACTLY what I was getting at. Are we more connected to our birthdays than we think?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Thanks a bunch!!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Fellow Gemini here!

Happy Birthday!

My B-Day is 24 May, same as Bob Dylan's

There is this book called "The Birthday Book" (I think) - I don't remember the exact title or who wrote it -

Anyway it's this book which has a detailed astrological profile for every day of the year. Maybe someone else here knows the proper name for this book. It's pretty cool.

For my birthday - they called it "The day of the revolutionary".

Now I am kinda quirky - but I'm interested in and more suited for a Jimmy Buffet kind of lifestyle
I'm kind of a lazy bum

Really don't see myself 'revolutionizing' anything. But who knows? It may not mean 'political' revolution.

Oooh! Maybe it means I need to invent a revolving beach chair or something

Yeah I do have the "Gemini" personality as well

CHEERS!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

My sisters Bday is May 24th, there are alot of "coincidences" with Geminis and birth dates!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join