It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choose HEALTH over Wealth .. turn the Microbes loose!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Choose HEALTH over Wealth .. turn the Microbes loose!!

IF ... this well is going to spew crude+ for months and months .. WHY ... do they not just figure they are going to take a $$--hit on the oil anyway ... and let the microbes loose?

Overall ...

this will save the ecology, save the Gulf, save the whole shooting match

... except the escaping oil ...
[Maybe Mother nature would look kindly upon us and batten down the bubble? -- see below .. ]

Those bugs cannot go down hole against 100,000 PSI ... so they will just eat the floating oil, and then die. They leave shrimp food in their wake, it could jump-start the recovery ...

Wow!! Just Imagine, clean water, clean air, and life coming back!!

WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT?

-- CATCHING "PART" OF THE OIL .. OR SAVING THE ECOSYSTEM OF THE GULF? ~*~ AND THE ATLANTIC COAST?

The waters around the Exxon Valdez have never recovered!!

All those people doing clean up would not be doing clean up and would not be getting really ill ... Central Nervous System attack -- Hemolysis -- Benzene & DNA damage ... does anyone listen?

What about all the ships?

If there is a Bubble Event ... and they go down with all hands .. who is going to say the Mass for that one? ... ...

I really hope the surveillance buoys are up and running!! I hope they are tied to the ships, as well as some very good tremor detectors. [NOAA? NASA? Navy?]

How fast can the ships detach and run for safety ... fast enough? ... or are they dead anyway?

What a terrible situation!!

Take the people out of harms way!! Spray on the microbes!!

--- and lets have "at least a clean Gulf" while they try to bring in the other 2 "golden" wells. [Those extra plumes and those other two leaking wells will need separate treatment.]

-- and forget the nuke! If they made a hole in the Earth for 200,000 barrels of microbe fertilizer to come out of ... (their error) ...

W-E-L-L; -- BS will just have a new meaning attached to it! ... BPBS ... = a new concept in "BAD"!

EVEN THE IDEA OF A NUKE IS BOGUS! --IN THIS SITUATION~!!

Consider also ... if the seeps in the formation are not very pressurized and they actually do connect to "The Bubble", the microbes might defuse that bubble by taking out the Crude (which is what makes the methane in the first place). At least without any oil in it, it is less pressurized ... it might even de-bubble!! -- or so one might hope!!

Just saying ... lets choose healthy over wealthy this time ... please?!!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Serendipity7

If they used a nuke how would they do it and what would happen?

I want to see if you know.

P.S. I agree they need to set the microbes loose and use some of paul stamets anti oil fungus on the beaches.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It would go in at an angle from one of the relief wells and go deep, it would fuse the salt dome over the Crude and the Methane (if it could go off and not set off a huge methane cascade along with it --- and closer to the ceiling of the vault).

3000 to 1 / Methane to Crude ... Do we close leaking gas wells with this method?

Connected to plates in the gulf .. = MANY!! ... ... ... Do we really want a tsunami on the West Coast?

To Bulldoze The Gulf, Florida, Cuba, Mexico, and the Yucatan Peninsula. Poor Cancun!! (they might spill their drinks)

More dead people from Earthquakes in Peru, Chile, other places, more vulcanism? There were 2 ONE TON tar balls found, what makes tar balls? ... HEAT ... ???

This is a fault that runs up the Mississippi River and going through the Gulf it connects to many edges of plates which have been moving since a long time ago ... lots of FRAGILE in this place!!

They chose the crumbling edge of an escarpment for C.'s sake ... They were warned and warned and warned ...

Who decided this was "good" ... anyway?

This is no place for Cowboy lunacy and wild eyed hopefulness .. this one calls for serious science and levity (which BP people have so far had "none" of).

I have a post on No Nukes ... but I will put it here for you, so you don't have to go anywhere else.

NO NUKES:

The nuke option is not available ... too many *BAD IF-S*

1. There are maybe 200,000 barrels in this pocket.

2. It has too much methane; heat + methane = unknowns underwater, under land no issue, under the sea? ..
NO! .. it is a plasma .. "not" a solid!

3. It may be on a fault line

4. There may be volcanic activity involved

5. The PSI at the well head may exceed 70,000 PSI .. or more .. some put it at over 100,000 PSI (based on 4 miles deep) ... impossible to go down through -- possibly impossible to contain! (So pray it is not so for the secondary wells).

6. For the hope of the secondary wells and the hope of maintaining the integrity of the oil dome, they are letting it flow, and capturing as much as possible. Also keeps The Bubble from becoming A Bubble Incident for a time, at least!

7. The geology of this region is tied to the US behind the Appalachian Mountains all the way to Canada!!
The repercussions might ripple, or the ripples might re-percuss ... whatever goes on under linked soils at depth.

8. Many Geological plates connect in this area .. do we really want a tsunami on the West Coast? ...
This is a fragile structure with many processes happening all the time. I think it is why the Mud Log Data is so important right now, it is the proof or disproof of criminal negligence. Did they know it was going to be a bust, so they let it go hoping for insurance coverage?

Oil eating microbes can be loosed at any time ... and should be ASAP!! It takes 300 gallons of water to wash a pelican free of oil.

There is no known medical remediation AT THIS TIME

... for long time exposure to Corexit ...

I asked the CDC to go and take blood and urine samples before and after Detox sessions for workers .. so workers would have some hard data for later settlements ... Exxon Valdez people had no such data.

I think these guys are criminal .. maybe not in intent, but those in the crazy action areas ... they need to be demoted, and not having a BP Siberia .. they will have to use the Peter Principle to give them promotions somewhere where they cannot do such damage ever again!!

Please feel free to chime in with any other pertinent data ...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Don't the microbes turn the oil into carbon dioxide as well as shrimp food? Also, anyone have a decent estimate as to how much carbon dioxide that would amount to? Not so sure that would help things as a whole... Either way they need to quit sitting on their backsides and do something. I live in Alabama, near the middle, but who is to say what pollutants are evaporating and making their way north? Not to mention it is hurricane season... a good enough push from a storm and not only the beaches but peoples houses and dogs and cats and everything else could get a nice 50's greaser hairdoo. Meh.. either way, Im glad to be back!!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

OK, under the ocean floor there is a thick layer of bedrock. Yes rock. Yes seriously it's rock. No I mean it, there is rock down there.

1. The nuke would never touch volitile material.

Why? Because it would be to the outside of the well bore and not inside of it. In fact it wouldn't even have to be right next to the well, it could be drilled quite the distance away. Methane does not ignite due to vibrations. That's nitrous...

2. The only thing we need is a nice solid shock wave. That means we really don't even need to use a nuke, just a really big boom. If it was a nuke that was used it would be a very small low yield nuke. It wouldn't take much.

It would just have to be enough to push the impermeable strata into the well itself.

3. How did all that stuff stay under the sea floor in the first place? You guessed it, a big layer of solid rock.

4. The gulf is not very volcanically active in comparison to a lot of other sea floor.

5. It has been used with natural gas before, basically just methane. There where no massive explosions of biblical proportions.

Yes microbes are well and good and yes they should be used but that won't stop this oil from coming out. If we don't do that then wtf are we even trying for?

Besides, if the shock wave fails we have the same outcome either way.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

The MICROBES which eat Hydrocarbons ..

I have not yet found what a You Tube Video Number is .. so here is a link.

ALL THE FACTS ARE IN THIS VIDEO!!

Gulf Oil Spill ... Restoration ... in 6 weeks (on a smaller spill)

Give it a listen ... CO2 is a byproduct of your own breathing ..
Methane is 72X more harmful as a greenhouse gas ... over 12 years
Corexit has effects there are NO TREATMENTS FOR!! .. imagine that!!

Then there is "the bubble" which might blow up the gulf right outside the big Miss ... tsunami and massive coating of everything with chemicals ... including the sky, and a wave over FL, and Cuba, and Mexico ... etc ...

On "The Bubble"
Richard Hoagland on Coast to Coast ... The Gulf Bubble ... part 1
Richard Hoagland on The Bubble ... part 2

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

OK, under the ocean floor there is a thick layer of bedrock. Yes rock. Yes seriously it's rock. No I mean it, there is rock down there.

1. The nuke would never touch volatile material.

Why? Because it would be to the outside of the well bore and not inside of it. In fact it wouldn't even have to be right next to the well, it could be drilled quite the distance away. Methane does not ignite due to vibrations. That's nitrous...

Methane has a flash point (if there is O2 .. also, there were signs of flames in the first videos .. that is why people were going OMG Volcano all over the place)!! This was very light oil, it may have attached oxygen molecules .. it also may have other properties (very toxic ones).

That un-stated set of facts may be part of the BP paranoia ... what did they drill into which could kill the unborn children of exposed mothers? ... I wonder? ... ... ...

The images I have seen of the formation are not straight bedrock!! No big hanging mass of basalt ... I saw the term "Breccia" a lot, and I saw "salt extrusions, and ancient forcing" of old edges of old formations to new places.

.. Breccia might shake up easily, it could also fall down very easily ... at 200,000 gallons a day .. [[what was coming out in mud (under pressure) ... (if you count up how much mud they pumped in .. it gives the venting ability of the well head -- at that time ... new estimates --- IF the BOP falls down and collapses the upper formation level(s) are >150,000 a day!)]]

If you count what it is leaking, and all that gas and then figure the volume of the cavity already evacuated ... there is a big old empty place now at the top! So much bigger --- once the well has poured it's life out for two more months and two more weeks ....
Wiki Breccia

2. The only thing we need is a nice solid shock wave. That means we really don't even need to use a nuke, just a really big boom. If it was a nuke that was used it would be a very small low yield nuke. It wouldn't take much.

It would just have to be enough to push the impermeable strata into the well itself.

Excellent ... let us use a sonic device ... after sounding the ocean floor depths with sonics or with GPR, --- we should know exactly were to place a non-heat source vibration/sound machine .. to knock some Breccia up into the well shaft hole .. which by September may be 6 - 15 feet across!! (possibly 30')

... If "The Bubble Event" comes to pass ... it could be much bigger --- as The Bubble is 20 miles across!!

3. How did all that stuff stay under the sea floor in the first place? You guessed it, a big layer of solid rock.

4. The gulf is not very volcanically active in comparison to a lot of other sea floor.

... That we know of ... it leaks oil all the time, NASA has been documenting oil leaks on the Gulf floor since 2000 .. by satellite!

5. It has been used with natural gas before, basically just methane. There where no massive explosions of biblical proportions.

Since you said it .. could I have a link please?

Yes microbes are well and good and yes they should be used but that won't stop this oil from coming out. If we don't do that then wtf are we even trying for?

Now you are beginning to see what I am saying: ... This is a monstrous disaster getting worse and worse by the day ... The Atlantic Ocean is already involved ... Why is it getting worse and worse

1. the well is spewing ... but the microbes can take care of that .. a great loss, no doubt but we know abiotic oil replenishes itself.

Better to lose the oil than to lose the balance of nature and/or the total ecosystems of the Gulf and the Eastern Seaboard ... and have hundreds of people made terribly ill by badly managed practices!!

BP is completely on the defensive!! .. If there is any logical thinking going on it has not surfaced, or it is not the kind of logical thinking which they would want to have exposed.

The life has never returned to Prince William Sound ... could the Gulf stand that? The people who live there would be out of luck and livelihoods.

Besides, if the shock wave fails we have the same outcome either way.

Exactly ... and no shock-wave closure attempt until September .. anyway ... so if the microbes can defuse the Methane Bubble ... and eat all of the crude in the Gulf (without being killed by Corexit) ... I say ... let em chow down!!

They only eat hydrocarbons. They are naturally occurring. We should get off OIL anyway! However this is only ONE of FOUR "huge" deposits we have been sitting on; ... and they are now off limits to drilling because of this mess
Only BP's Atlantis is now pumping from one of these pockets ... but it is really turning a huge amount of crude.

Maybe the microbes would jumps start recovery ... that is what I am hoping.

And ...

It is not just the GULF .. it is the Atlantic Seaboard up to the Carolina Estuary

and then out to the Mid Ocean Gyre ...

That is a lot of life to be handing a death sentence to

... just because you cannot loose some profit or kiss 200,000 barrels of oil good bye.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
A little bit on Corexit ... since it is so hard to find information on it (I looked!).

Warning of "toxic oil spill rains"--- from Russia

The dispersal agent Corexit 9500 is a solvent originally developed by Exxon and now manufactured by the Nalco Holding Company of Naperville, Illinois that is four times more toxic than oil (oil is toxic at 11 ppm (parts per million), Corexit 9500 at only 2.61ppm).

In a report written by Anita George-Ares and James R. Clark for Exxon Biomedical Sciences, Inc. titled

Acute Aquatic Toxicity of Three Corexit Products: An Overview”

Corexit 9500 was found to be one of the most toxic dispersal agents ever developed.

Even worse, according to this report, with higher water temperatures, like those now occurring in the Gulf of Mexico, its toxicity grows.

The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in discovering BP’s use of this dangerous dispersal agent ordered BP to stop using it, but BP refused stating that their only alternative to Corexit 9500 was an even more dangerous dispersal agent known as Sea Brat 4.

A greater danger involving Corexit 9500, and as outlined by Russian scientists in this report, is that with its 2.61ppm toxicity level, and when combined with the heating Gulf of Mexico waters, its molecules will be able to “phase transition” from their present liquid to a gaseous state allowing them to be absorbed into clouds and allowing their release as “toxic rain” upon all of Eastern North America.

Even worse, should a Katrina like tropical hurricane form in the Gulf of Mexico while tens of millions of gallons of Corexit 9500 are sitting on, or near, its surface the resulting “toxic rain” falling upon the North American continent could “theoretically” destroy all microbial life to any depth it reaches resulting in an “unimaginable environmental catastrophe” destroying all life forms from the “bottom of the evolutionary chart to the top”.

100,000,000 gallons of Corexit now in the Gulf!!

Now do you see? ... This is really not something to play politics with, it is A Deadly Scenario .. on our doorstep!!

Why Louisiana seems to be the attack point (first Katrina and now this) .. I don't know ... but this is "simply put" Madness of a massive scale ... and the longer we sit on our hands ... the worse it gets.

I could wish this on the Red Tide, but in point of fact it is going to open the entire gulf to opportunistic organisms like the Red Tide which is a very adept survivor.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Some HOPE!

This seems like a good idea, I hope it can work.

Now if we can find a differnt way to flame off the gas ... all better .. and we may have defused something of greater importance in the long run.

top topics

join