It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin: Smoking Pot Is No Big Deal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

"I think we need to prioritize our law enforcement efforts," she said. "If somebody's gonna smoke a joint in their house and not do anybody any harm, then perhaps there are other things our cops should be looking at to engage in and try to clean up some of the other problems we have in society."

www.aolnews.com...

Edit to add;

Please remember the ATS rules about not having discussions about personal usage of illegal substances.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

+27 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
$20 says she caught her daughter smoking a joint, knows it's only a matter of time before the media gets ahold of it and is doing pre-emptive damage control

+30 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Ok people, I have never believed in all the end times non-sense, but me finding something coming out of Sarah Palin's mouth that I find admirable and intelligent is surely one of the signs the apocalypse is nigh.

Although I still would not vote for Ms. Palin, I have to say this does make me consider her differently.

Way to go Sarah, for using common sense rather than just lock stepping with the far right.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

+35 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I am sure I may receive a flaming for this but I agree with her. And....I am a law enforcement officer. I do not and have never smoked marijuana and never will. I simply do not care for drugs or tobacco. I don't even drink all that much just the occasional beer or glass of wine. The fact is alcohol impairs a person much more than weed and alcohol is legal. We as taxpayers waste a lot of time, money, and effort on marijuana and there really is no reason for it. Legalize it and get it over with. I am confident it will be legal during my lifetime. Please keep in mind I do not think other drugs should be legal such as coc aine, meth, etc. But marijuana, can you really make a case that it is that bad for you or society?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I never thought I agree with Sarah Palin... hopefully she wont turn around and say the opposite.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
LOVE IT. I'm not a Sarah Palin supporter, but in this instance I agree 100%. Marijuana needs to be decriminalized and law enforcement needs to give the small personal joint smokers a break already. There are much bigger fish that need frying, and going after the weed is severely hampering those efforts.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by utahjay
I am sure I may receive a flaming for this but I agree with her. And....I am a law enforcement officer. I do not and have never smoked marijuana and never will. I simply do not care for drugs or tobacco. I don't even drink all that much just the occasional beer or glass of wine. The fact is alcohol impairs a person much more than weed and alcohol is legal. We as taxpayers waste a lot of time, money, and effort on marijuana and there really is no reason for it. Legalize it and get it over with. I am confident it will be legal during my lifetime. Please keep in mind I do not think other drugs should be legal such as coc aine, meth, etc. But marijuana, can you really make a case that it is that bad for you or society?

" I do not and have never smoked marijuana and never will. I simply do not care for drugs or tobacco. " thats funny how you know you dont care for something even though you have never tried it. Same goes for coc aine, I think it all should be legal..

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The Government makes too much money from everybody paying $50 a month when on probation.

(like me
)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I can pretty much confirm that it is true.

With me there are a few politicians, a high ranking American general.
There is just one trouble. Dollars profits etc.

To hear it from an American politician
although Sarah Palin is in a position she can say that without being gunned down. Only ridicule will be her punish

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
this is horrible

marijuana is a plant, nothing wrong with growing it, nothing wrong with smoking it, common sense dictates it should not be a crime

sarah palin is regarded by many to be the voice of the insane and illogical, so to have her come out and say the truth, in this case that our priorities are out of line when we victimize someone who simply smokes or consumes a plant, means that people will automatically assume: hmm if sarah palin says marijuana isn't bad, then obviously it IS bad

i have nothing against sarah palin, frankily i just don't care much for her, but i do watch the news and follow the opinions of the masses and i know that is the reaction that will probably occur

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

The nice thing is, she is sooooooooooo popular that the Republicans are going to have to think very seriously about whether they want to shoot what may be their best shot at a President in the foot.

After all, once in office, no politician follows through with what they say prior to the election.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I agree, but she is going to get heck for not addressing "Organized crime" in her statement.

Most drug dealers in Canada are high school or Collage students looking to make a quick buck. All of their friends do it, so all it consists of is sitting at home and wait for your friends to come over.

90% of our cops hired within the last 10 years have stated they have tried pot or smoked it regularly, but quit to join the police force. I know many cops, and when they are at the marijuana march in Toronto, they allow people to smoke it. (Mainly because there are way to many people doing it, and the number far out numbers the cops. If you arrest one, you must arrest all. We would need a couple FEMA camps)

Most cops in Canada focus on grow ops, not small time buyers and sellers. They like to chop it at the root, but sadly its a weed (no pun intended) and keeps growing back.

In the USA, they beat down your door and shoot your dog for 2 grams. Unforgivable.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by gandhi]

[edit on 18-6-2010 by gandhi]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Finally she makes some sense.

In honor of her quote I pledge to stop posting this picture, and will delete it-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c2019466083.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Big media is going to run with this and use it to make smokers look bad...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
$20 says she caught her daughter smoking a joint, knows it's only a matter of time before the media gets ahold of it and is doing pre-emptive damage control

Or being that she is from Alaska, she smokes it herself. It used to be legal there until the state was forced to make it illegal to get funding for road construction by the feds, and is still low on the totem pole of police worries in that state.

That may be why she seems to be such an airhead sometimes. A bit too much of the green.

Peace

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Well, it is a weed, and easy to grow. Which is one of the main reasons it hasnt been legalized. Unlike beer, it would be too easy to grow your own and thus prevent the PTB from making a profit off it.

However, the up side would be that you would not have organized crime making a profit off it either. It would cut down on "organized crime" at least the part of it that deals in the import and distribution and sale of that drug at the present.

And, there will always be some people too lazy to grow their own if the price point was right. We could make a profit off it, just not a huge one.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Ha ha very good! Hadn't though of that angle. There was me thinking for once she was actually talking some sense.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
I never thought I agree with Sarah Palin... hopefully she wont turn around and say the opposite.

That's the odd thing. She use to be totally against Marijuana.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I normally can't stand Sarah Palin and her hijacking of the Tea Party, at least in part, but I have to say she is starting to grow on me, relatively speaking of course. Her stance on the 2nd Amendment is only bested by Ronald Paul himself. Now, her apparent stance on marijuana is making me like her a tad more and I don't even smoke weed. If Sarah keeps on this liberty bandwagon, regardless of the motive, I just might start to think she is "doable". The ends certainly justify the means at this point. Of course she could talk the talk and then pull an "Obama" by doing the exact oppisite but at least it's hope.

This is crazy, I thought I would never hear myself say something good about the woman. Wow, I need a drink.

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join