It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-year-old boy dies with baby brother while trying to save him from burning NYC house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

8-year-old boy dies with baby brother while trying to save him from burning NYC house

www.foxnews.com

Published June 18, 2010 | Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) — An 8-year-old-boy ran back into his burning apartment to save his little brother but died along with him in the thick smoke and flames, according to neighbors and relatives.

Tyanthony Duckette and his sister were carried out of Thursday morning's blaze at the Queens duplex by his grandmother Carlota Wilson. But when she was unable to find 17-month-old Daniel Wilson, Tyanthony ran back to save him.

Shortly afterward, the two children wer
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
As we all go about our daily lives, I think we all need to take a time out and remember this brave 8 year old boy and what he did. If ever there was a hero it must be him.

I know my comments on this will be brief, but I really don't know what to add to this except my heart goes out to his family and friends.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Amazing how we all complain daily here in this forum, and yet we forget how easy it is for life to change fast and swiftly.

I am kind of choked up after reading the story.

S&F for you thread.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

I know what you mean.

Many of us here have children and/or grandchildren, so when you read something like this it really hits home.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Wayne60]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
That is the happiest sad story I've ever heard! That is an 8 year old hero! I'm sure his family is grieving immensely, but we all have to die and there is surely no better way to go than this one!

A 17 month old is well aware of their surroundings and was probably frightened beyond belief, but the mere sight or outstrretched hand of your brother would have been quite a relief in that frightening last moment.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
8 year olds can be very smart, and very aware of things, and very compassionate as well. In fact, more compassionate than many adults, because they haven't been corrupted as much yet.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I agree. What a brave and loving young man. What a tragedy for the family.

It is very nice to see stories like this, I get jaded about human beings sometimes, we can be so horrendously selfish, and self interested. Although I cant say it is "nice" to see a story about a young man dying to save his little brother, it is nice to be reminded that love still matters to some.

Unfortunately, those willing to die to save another tend to not contribute as much to the gene pool as those who will save their own butts at any cost to another.

But perhaps thats the way God or nature intended it, regardless of my personal feelings.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I would say his mother is having serious mixed emotions right now. She just lost 2 of her children and is probably going out of her mind, but yet she can feel proud of her hero.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Poor little guys. No one wants to outlive their children. I'm sure the parents have very mixed feelings now. Obviously the 8 year old was trying to do the right thing and help his brother, he tried to be a hero. His parents more than likely think that while they are proud he tried, they're also upset that he would still be alive had he not. Not a position i'd like to be in.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I have to stop reading these sad stories about kids while I'm at work. My son is too far away to hug
. I'll have to settle with rubbing my belly and telling my unborn daughter how much I love her.

Such a brave little boy.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
at the risk of being "too off topic" i have to ask...what is a conspiracy about this?
with all the worldly doom and gloom is it really relevant to post a very sad and un-conspiratorial story to essentially bring everyone down?

don't get me wrong, i'm sure that it is not your intention to bring others down, but doesn't this make you *very* sad to hear about?
it does me, granted i am the one in this thread, but i guess i thought this was a conspiracy theory discussion board...not a current event board.

just my $.02.

peace.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

I do believe there is more to ATS than conspiracies alone. I mean just take a look at the home page, and I see several topics that are not necessarily conspiracy oriented. I thought this was a community where many people come together and share ideas, and I have seen many discussions during my time here that were not conspiracy oriented.

This story, while tragic, is about a brave little boy who with all of the love and compassion in his heart performed a selfless act to attempt to save his little brother. We all gather here and discuss and debate some of the most horrendous acts that one human being can do to another, and many not even blink an eye. This one 8 year old boy shows there really is some good in this world.

There was no intention on my part to "drag" anyone down. Personally when I read this story, it made my eyes swell up. I have 3 granddaughters 11, 4, and 2, so the ages are very close to his and his brothers. But some stories just need to be told, so if I have offended you by posting this I do apologize. And mods if this posting has violated anything please feel free to remove it.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is just too sad for words.
May G_D rest their souls and comfort their family.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Heartbreaking story. A little(BIG) hero doing a truly selfless act and giving his life in the attempt. My thoughts are with him and his family.
This just shows how things affect your life.Up until my daughter was born 18 months ago i wouldn't have given this thread a second glance (sad but true)Now
I feel like crying for the brave child.his brother and his family.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by consulmac]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Many of us here have children and/or grandchildren, so when you read something like this it really hits home.

It should hit home to us all, children are our future, our voice in the next life.

I find the heroism of this little man to be profound.

He deserves recognition for the decision he made.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by consulmac

Having children really does change your perspective on life
and I think its for the better.

top topics

join