It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP CEO Tony Hayward removed from spill team

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

BP chairman Carl-Henric Svanberg has told Sky's Jeff Randall that embattled chief executive Tony Hayward is to have a changed role in dealing with the oil spill.

Asked by Randall about Mr Hayward's ongoing role, Mr Svanberg said: "He is now handing over the operation to Bob Dudley."

Robert Dudley has been the managing director of the oil firm since 2009, and prior to the appointment he was president and chief executive of TNK-BP, Russia's third largest oil and gas company.

Mr Svanberg also told Randall that comments by Mr Hayward have had detrimental effects as the company seeks to control the fallout from the disaster.

"It is clear Tony has made remarks that have upset people," Mr Svanberg said.

Full Story

The chairman said Tony Hayward left England to come to the US to handle the leak, but has been ineffective at stopping the flow and it has become basically a political nightmare for BP.

Hayward is a geologist and it's pretty evident his people skills aren't where they should be.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Further from the above article:

Mr Svanberg, whose background is in telecommunications, will now expand his own involvement.

"This has now turned into a reputation matter, a financial squeeze for BP and a political matter and that is why you will now see more of me," Mr Svanberg said.

On Wednesday, Mr Svanberg was called into a 25-minute, one-on-one meeting with US President Barack Obama over BP's response to the April accident.

"As this is now turning to a different type of crisis, that is where I come in," he said.

So he is kicking Hayward off the team, bringing in a new person to oversee the clean up and leak control, and the chairman himself is going to be handling more of the up front media and PR stuff.

All this from the guy who said we are all little people.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Sounds as slow a reaction as in everything else they've done. What's the point? This guy has been putting his foot in his mouth from day one. All this shows is once again that they're dithering, indecisive and generally nonchalant about what they're doing. Little people indeed.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Svanberg himself is a NWO goldenboy imho.
He surely knows very little about oil production,regardless of his buisness acumen.
They dont even realise how effing arrogant they actually are....
They have no concept of their own self inflationpressure....
This is what is either gonna destroy them or us i think.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Their general attitude makes me think they know it doesn't actually matter what we feel or think. They're going to get away with it.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Aww, well maybe now he can go back to his nice, quiet life again. Hope he saved some of his millions in bonuses! Oh wait...he still HAS a job...they just don't want him motormouthing in about this anymore?

A few weeks ago, they were saying that they were putting a new CEO in his place to run American operations or some such thing. If I find the source I'll post it here.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Misc. information: The article didn't mention it but TNK-BP filed bankruptcy earlier this month:

"TNK-BP gas unit files for bankruptcy"

www.boston.com...

And this is interesting:
"Sore Dudley is set to turn his back on BP"

www.thisislondon.co.uk...

Just saying Hayward was bad, I agree, but Dudley may be worse;
maybe that's the way BP wants it however.....

[edit on 19-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
So what's the difference that's made?

Unless there is some magic potion that needs Haywards job to be complete or his post is being taken over by the Super Friends what difference does any of this tripe make in anything?

This is the drama or "entertainment news" portion of reality.
Completely worthless yet totally distracting.

Just like the hours of wasted "hearings" last week.

To recount another well disaster, while baby Jessica starves in the well we focus all of our attention on the guy who worked in an office of the company that hired several other companies to drill the well.

It's as if some people believe there is some sort of disaster timeline mythology where if we just lopped the head off the monster everything reverses in a flashback haze and the doves fly under rainbows.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Good.

The guy is an idiot.

When someone asked him about the number of birds that have been killed by the oil spill, he basically said: prove it was all from the oil spill. There is no way of knowing.

Isn't he a grown man? That is an answer a teenager would give.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yep... Dodge dodge dodge...

Small people Sven even said tonys removal was due to a lackluster performance in front of congress....

[edit on 19-6-2010 by HunkaHunka]

new topics

top topics

join