It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladykillers :

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Have you seen it ? Great movie, no ?:bnghd:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
No, the original was FAR superior. As originals generally are.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
i have never seen the original film but i have seen the remake and if the original is better than the one i seen i would be very surprised, as i thought Ladykillers was brilliant!

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm torn as to whether I should see it because the original is one of my all time favourite movies and there is absolutely no way it could be bettered, but I'm morbidly drawn to it because the Coen brothers did it and you don't get much better film makers than them. Regardless of how good they are though there's no way they could ever match the original, how do you top perfection?

[Edited on 11-7-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I suppose a young audience might be more drawn to the new version, perhaps finding the original 'dated' as it was made almost fifty years ago. In my mind however that is their loss as, good as the Coen brothers are, I enjoy their films tremendously, with this movie they are simply trying to put a new twist on an old idea, in this case transplanting the action to America like they did with the Italian Job. Sometimes it can work but in the main these 're-imaginings' come across as 'forced' when you are familiar with the orignal. I know a lot of people who dismiss a film because it is old while happily watching some modern dross (not this film, just a general point) but to me a classic movie is always a classic movie and the Ladykillers is an Ealing classic in every sense. Can't Hollywood do some NEW stories??

new topics

top topics

join