It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam's WMD found in Jordan, the Netherlands and Turkey.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
BS - I don't buy this crap. If Saddam did ship it out, why didnt the CIA know about it. It not so easy shipping things like thermal nuclear / biological / chemical weapons without detection.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panzerschreck
BS - I don't buy this crap. If Saddam did ship it out, why didnt the CIA know about it. It not so easy shipping things like thermal nuclear / biological / chemical weapons without detection.

A possibility would be that the US and the coalition was not there at the time. The UN was. They were getting "kickbacks" from Saddam and turned their backs to something that was obvious. Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Opinions are like a$$holes,...and your's stinks!

Your acusation of impropriety vis a vi, The U.N. is now claiming that all of the inspectors were/are corrupt?!?
Sounds libelous to me!

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
sosuemetoo: Um, where exactly does the article from World Tribune back up your title to this thread: Saddam's WMD found in Jordan, the Netherlands and Turkey.

The UN Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission briefed the Security Council on new findings that could help trace the whereabouts of Saddam's missile and WMD program.

Okay it's not that because they say "it could help trace the whereabouts", no actual proof.

The briefing contained satellite photographs that demonstrated the speed with which Saddam dismantled his missile and WMD sites before and during the war. Council members were shown photographs of a ballistic missile site outside Baghdad in May 2003, and then saw a satellite image of the same location in February 2004, in which facilities had disappeared.

Remind me again when the invasion of Iraq was? Wasn't the US occupying the country during this entire time frame? Wasn't there widespread looting for WEEKS after the invasion? Try again, World Tribune.

UNMOVIC acting executive chairman Demetrius Perricos told the council on June 9 that "the only controls at the borders are for the weight of the scrap metal, and to check whether there are any explosive or radioactive materials within the scrap," Middle East Newsline reported.
"It's being exported," Perricos said after the briefing. "It's being traded out. And there is a large variety of scrap metal from very new to very old, and slowly, it seems the country is depleted of metal."

"The removal of these materials from Iraq raises concerns with regard to proliferation risks," Perricos told the council. Perricos also reported that inspectors found Iraqi WMD and missile components shipped abroad that still contained UN inspection tags.

HE IS TALKING ABOUT SCRAP METAL. Funny how the last little part is thrown in with no corroboration or explanation.

He said the Iraqi facilities were dismantled and sent both to Europe and around the Middle East. at the rate of about 1,000 tons of metal a month. Destionations included Jordan, the Netherlands and Turkey.

SCRAP METAL.

The UNMOVIC report said Iraqi missiles were dismantled and exported to such countries as Jordan, the Netherlands and Turkey. In the Dutch city of Rotterdam, an SA-2 surface-to-air missile, one of at least 12, was discovered in a junk yard, replete with UN tags. In Jordan, UN inspectors found 20 SA-2 engines as well as components for solid-fuel for missiles.

Hey when did a MISSILE become a WMD? Doesn't it need a warhead, proper range and a launching site?

Seeker: Read the article.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Get 'em Jako!!! Grrrrruff! Snarl!

Again, What's the difference?
Now that we are there, galvanizing The World's hatered, What is our exit strategie? Fight 'till we run out of Men, Money, Will???

RUN AWAY!
"Death with big nasty teeth!"
"Now go away or I shall taunt you for a second time!"

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
No, this is not a report from the UN. It is a piece of selective trash journalism from the "World Tribune".

How can it be a piece of trash when their source was listed on the official website?

www.un.org...

Check it out you will find it has the official UN letterhead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join