It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama bin Laden and top aides are hiding in Sabzevar, Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
According to this article at Debka, they have not only located OBL's hiding place, but that Turkey's Prime Minister Erdogan has had knowledge of this for some time. This plot keeps getting better all the time. Although the article states this has only come to light since June 7, it sort of makes one wonder if this has strengthened the US's resolve to go after Iran.

I'm curious about the motivation in releasing the information.

debkafile's counter-terror sources disclose that the purpose of airing their precise whereabouts at this time, aside from implicating the Turkish leader, was first, to warn al Qaeda's leaders that their hideout was blown and they had better move on - which would make them easier to catch; and, second, to nudge US president Barak Obama into a decision to go after them.
Sounds a little suspicious to me.

Here's the whole article: Debka

DEBKAfile Exclusive Analysis June 8, 2010, 12:16 AM (GMT+02:00)

Osama bin Laden's hiding place was pinned down for the first time Monday, June 7, by the Kuwaiti Al-Siyassa Monday, June 7, as the mountainous town of Savzevar in the northeastern Iranian province of Khorasan, 220 km west of Mashhad. He is said to have lived there under Tehran's protection for the last five years, along with Ayman Al-Zawahiri and five other high-ranking al Qaeda leaders.
debkafile's intelligence sources disclosed Monday night that Turkish prime minister Recep Erdogan and his intelligence chiefs are well aware that Bin Laden and Zawahiri are hiding in Iran. The leak to the Kuwait paper was intended to show the Obama administration that the Turkish leader's ties with Iran had grown intense enough for him to be fully in the picture of Iran's secret sanctuary for the authors of the 9/11 attacks on the United States.

Savzevar, a small town of about a quarter of a million inhabitants, is connected by road to Tehran and Mashhad and has a small airport. A center for producing grapes and raisins, its location is remote and difficult to access because it is enclosed by lofty mountains and a salt desert 50,000 square kilometers in area.

On May 13, American intelligence sources reported in detail that senior al Qaeda operatives living in Iran had been allowed to leave the country through Syria to orchestrate terrorist attacks on American targets. Among them was Saif al-Adel, who is believed to have been assigned with planning an attack on the world soccer games opening in South Africa on June 12.
Those sources noted that Saif al-Adel had received his instructions directly from Osama bin Laden and Ayman Zawahiri but did not reveal knowledge of their presence in Iran.
debkafile's counter-terror sources disclose that the purpose of airing their precise whereabouts at this time, aside from implicating the Turkish leader, was first, to warn al Qaeda's leaders that their hideout was blown and they had better move on - which would make them easier to catch; and, second, to nudge US president Barak Obama into a decision to go after them.

A rare opportunity may now be building up to capture the world's most wanted terrorist, debkafile's counter-terror sources report. Last December, US Defense Secretary Robert Gates acknowledged the United States has not had any good intelligence on bin Laden's whereabouts in years. Until recently, the elusive master-terrorist was generally thought to have gone to ground in the wilder parts of Pakistan-Afghanistan border region.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
When the US wants to wage war on India will we say osama is in bhopal?

What if 'we' want to invade russia, is he in moscow?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
were gonna see alot more binladen in iran stories as we get closer to an attack on iran. i mean people go crazy for bin laden im sure you'v heard about that dude in pakistan that was hunting him. its the iceing on the cake as far as a reason to invade. my qestion is were will bin laden be after iran... north korea maybe.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yeah...sort of like where's Waldo? Only where's OBL?

I just thought both the way it reads and the timing was suspicious. My granddaughters do a better job in covering their tracks.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
EXACTLY.

the man is dead.
he's been dead since December of 2001.

but he's still the best enemy target we can hate, it seems.
so that we will allow war to be waged behind the pretense of liberating the world from terrorism
because that war makes the big money suits a lot more money, day in and day out.
the war machine is a factory - it turns corpses in army green into greenback federal reserve notes!!

modern war is waged for profit, not freedom and not even imperialism!

playing these charades, they make the average citizen a pawn
they literally make America into the great satan, after all
they warp liberation into terrorism and give us all a bad name
they steal from the soldiers and their families EVERY DAY

they insult you and they insult me
if i allow it
if their lies are believed, then our intelligence is insulted.
i refuse to believe without proof.

& Bin Laden is also a pawn.
a dead man pawn in a killing man's money game.

(just like in "A Fist Full Of Dollars" - the scene at the graveyard with the dead soldier that Clint Eastwood props up against a tombstone!)

WAKE UP, PEOPLE

Rumor Mill News

Bin Laden Has Funeral

Dead Bin Laden Sending Tapes

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
you're wrong ! he can't be in Iran and at the same time at oil spill well !
thinking... thinking...
Maybe he is not related with the oil spill problem... Maybe he just want to have some time with his familly and don't want to be anymore the CIA puppet !

All government should improve new clean energy instead of looking for Osama and making war for oil ! in addition it could be very interesting because it can unlock the gate for space exploration (clean and efficient motor, ZPE energy... blablabla)...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Debka.com - take what they say with a grain of salt...

Source

is an Jerusalem-based English language Israeli open source military intelligence website with commentary and analyses on terrorism, intelligence, security, and military and political affairs in the Middle East.

"most of the information is attributed to unidentified sources."

the site "clearly reports with a point of view; the site is unabashedly in the hawkish camp of Israeli politics,"

Israeli intelligence officials do not consider even 10 percent of the site's content to be reliable.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Survivorman]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
So he's not in the secret CIA base on the moon then?

You know i heard President Obama is really a replicant clone.

Programmed by Mossad.

Actually that last one might be true.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Cosmic4life]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Survivorman

That would explain some of the suspicious wording. Especially with the finger pointing to Turkey and Iran.

They are usually spot on when it comes to things like carrier movements and missile deals though.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Pretty sure Iranian leadership and bin Laden adhere to opposing factions of Islam. Why would Iran shelter him?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The worst enemy is an enemy that has no face.

Terrorists have no face, its to general.

It is a war on fiction, to create fear.

^ Does that make sense?

It does not matter if Osama Bin Laden is alive or not, the war machine keeps on going.

Besides wasn't Al-CIA-Da set up by the CIA?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This is a interesting article. I personally belief he is dead and if he is alive he is in Yemen and i find it hard to believe that he is in Iran. OBL follows a sect of Islam called Wahhabism and follows the teachings of Qutbism, both of these regard Shia Islam followers as being heretics. Now this does not mean OBL may be hiding out in Iran just that if he is he’s doing it without the knowledge of Iranian leadership.

And no OBL is not a CIA puppet he is real, it’s just easier for us conspiracy theorists to deny his existence to explain some aspects on 9/11 theories.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The All New Monopoly, which includes in its deck the "Get Into War Free Card" with a picture of some guy with a long face, long nose, a turban and beard on the front.

On the bottom in small letters: "be afraid...be very afraid"

I fear nothing these jackasses can dream up.

Simply disgraceful.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust Debka if my life depended on it!
Although I do read the site regularly purely for entertainment purposes.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60
According to this article at Debka,

Well there's the problem with this article! Debka is nothing but Israeli propaganda. This is nothing but rhetoric to try and manipulate the usa into dealing with Iran. Turkey is being brought into this since Israel and Turkey are freshly on the outs... Could this be a more blatant attempt at trying to provoke a response from the usa?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
He is nowhere in the middle east. He is sharing a room with Dick Cheney.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

EXACTLY

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
'Insert boogieman into next target.'

'Bomb said target.'

'Find out said target wasn't even there.'

'Insert boogieman on next target.'

Rinse, lather, bomb, invade, & repeat.

OBL has been dead for a long time now... when will this false reporting end?

top topics

join