It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling Sad, Pop a Pill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mayson

You are missing the point I had hoped to make very clear. Pills do not solve problems! I am not talking about the cheap antibiotics, I am talking about the expensive pills people want that promise to solve all their woes. The pills mask symptoms without getting to the root of the problem.

A slipped disc: how does "the good stuff" used for post-op pain repair the disc? It doesn't! Depression, how does a pill used to treat schizophrenia or heart conditions cause you to solve the reason you are depressed? It doesn't!

Ever hear of the drug Obecalp? It is used to treat children for a variety of conditions. Do you know what they use to make the pill? Look it up here: www.prweb.com...

That is not the only pill out there that treats the mental want for drugs that has absolutely no active ingredients that will cure an affliction.

Do you really know what you are putting in your mouth?

I have heard the argument favoring drug treatment for depression based opn the theory that all mental illness are caused by chemical imbalances in the brain. This is pure pharmaceutical hype. If it were true that a chemical imbalance is present, don't you think they would run a test first before whipping out the drug catalog?

Direct to consumer advertising plays a huge role in the demand for pills because people will pay just about any price for the promise of happy. That is why I call the majority of these drugs "happy" pills. "Happy" pills do nothing more than mask a symptom and that is enough to make people happy!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thanks for starting this thread, OP. This is one of the most important issues facing us today, in my opinion. I will come back later and comment because this is a topic I take personally, but right now, I'm too tired. Just wanted to say great post.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join