It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Cruetly By Police

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

LoL Being a killer clearly goes hand in hand with intelligence and he's got nothing to worry about. Made me ROFL, keep it up!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

No you took the easier route and decided that you didn't want to deal with gunderson's intelligent rhetoric. Instead you post one like I'm replying to stating your "taking the high ground" when in all actually your talking the easy way out. Your opinion is clearly flawed and your comments to derail the subject matter are pointless. You haven't added to any sort of intelligent discussion, you've only shown how arrogant and ignorant our populus is, I don't have to do more then to simply read the quotes you have under your name. They pretty much say it all, also your name and address would be appreciated for a paper I'm readying to send to every animal rights organization I know, If you condone this behavior then put your balls where your mouth is and argue with real people about it in person, Like I do. Thanks.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by NoJoker13]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Gotta love technology, it puts the cops in their proper place. Gone are the days when some pot bellied Ray-Ban wearing authoritarian could beat the living # out of someone and then claim that all of the witnesses are lying. This is the era of the Youtube correspondent, and 99% of the population is one. I'm reminded of that scene in the movie Phone Booth, where the caller tells Colin Farrell that the tourists with the video cameras will keep the cops "on their best behavior." Damn right. Just look at the "Are you serious?" video, the one that features the cop delivering a sucker punch to an irate female. Sure, the female had it coming, but if it hadn't been for the many bystanders with cameras, the officer would have undoubtedly made things worse. You could tell that he was doing everything possible to stay within the law, and it was frustrating the hell out of him. It always puts a smile on my face to see a cop struggling with someone and knowing that he can't abuse his power lest it end up on the internet. So remember this cops, we're watching you. If you do wrong, you will be exposed, you will have your lives ruined, and you will regret your decision to act like you are above the law.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Someone should send this video to the wife and children of that police officer. So they can see how despicable and cowardly this man is.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
removed entire post

[edit on 20-6-2010 by YJLTG]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nivcharah

Originally posted by pteridine
Wait until you have more information before you judge the officers.

They start with a dog, eventually it ends up being a person who is naked and unarmed getting shot for sneezing while handcuffed.

If this hasn't already been brought up, this has happened in Portland, OR a couple of years back. The man was mentally ill, was naked, unarmed, and was standing on top of a car, I believe. I guess tazering him hadn't occured to the cops.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by illusioned2]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by dragnet53

I'll add you to the same list of the police officer, I wouldn't mind you u2u'ing your name and address to me either.

WTf LOL

I have to say the same thing about your Avatar as well.

Take care of your animals and this won't happen! I am a member of ASPCA. I hate it when people don't take care of their animals. I should U2U a video of what regular people do to animals worse than what these cops did.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If you care about animal cruelty, then why don't you go after BP for its massive oil leak killing all those dolphins and birds?! Oh just want to go after all those evil bad cops eh? You wonder why I can only handle people in short bursts!

[edit on 20-6-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by brill

No you took the easier route and decided that you didn't want to deal with gunderson's intelligent rhetoric. Instead you post one like I'm replying to stating your "taking the high ground" when in all actually your talking the easy way out. Your opinion is clearly flawed and your comments to derail the subject matter are pointless. You haven't added to any sort of intelligent discussion, you've only shown how arrogant and ignorant our populus is, I don't have to do more then to simply read the quotes you have under your name. They pretty much say it all, also your name and address would be appreciated for a paper I'm readying to send to every animal rights organization I know, If you condone this behavior then put your balls where your mouth is and argue with real people about it in person, Like I do. Thanks.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by NoJoker13]

Your welcome to interpret what you like, but again I stand by what I said. If you don't like it that's perfectly fine. Arguing that I have not contributed is again your right but attacks on things like my signatures well what more can I say really. All that doesn't matter.

And no I'm not sending you my personal information for something that you seem to feel is a problem. Resorting to crude gestures just takes whatever point you made down to nothing.

Have a nice day.
brill

[edit on 20-6-2010 by brill]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
Should'a left out that bit about better things to do then.

Should have left your insult out to another user (the post about the person who shot animals in his youth and you hinted he had nothing to worry about IQ wise, a clear insult). But that's ok, right ?

Unless you are his mommy, I sure think so. He clearly stated

Me I usually dont call anyone, if a dog is running loose I just shoot it and dump the body.
and if that sounds like a MENSA member to you, then that is just super. How about you worry about you and I will worry about me, and Dog the loose dog hunter can probably worry about himself. Afterall, he just indiscriminately kills other people's dogs. I am sure he is a tough guy and not the topic of the thread or any conversation between you and me. K?

And I've said kill it. We disagree.

brill

[edit on 20-6-2010 by brill]

...and I agreed we would not agree and it was over. Apparently the need to get in the last word is more important than to even stay on topic.

I get it, you think it is cool to just shoot a calm, restrained dog out in the street in broad daylight in front of god-knows-who.

I do not think that is exactly cool. K? We done now?

[edit on 20-6-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

You should and if you please those addresses as well, if it's on video then there's a person/place tied to it. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

Funny you seem to calm down your tone when your being attacked. I don't need to site early posts of yours but your tone wasn't calm to say the least. Like I said if you think something like this is an acceptable event then how hard would it be to stand in public in front of actual people and say these events are "ok". I mean you make it seem so simple, such a black and white matter, on one side there's people that say this isn't ok and on the other people don't care or think it's acceptable. You limit yourself to two ends and there isn't an in between for you. Some animals do have to be put down, but the circumstances of this event should be limited to the lawful end, and an animal violating the law due to temperment or ownership should be put to death at extreme cases. Where I come from dog deaths are being limited and many people are adopting dogs; this wasn't a simple killing by a cop, this had intent.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I know this has been said numerous times already but this pisses me off to no end.

How the hell can the shooter in this video call himself a human being. He is nothing but pure scum.

I could have walked up to that dog calmly gave a scratch on the back and had it calm in no time. You can clearly see that it was not threatening them at all. When a dog is wagging it's tail it is not going to attack.

This man should be stripped of his badge and charged with animal cruelty and be put behind bars.

What a vile piece of human crap this guy is!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It was not cruelty.
The dog was collared and then calmly shot.
The dog did not expect this to happen.
The dog wagging his tail at the end was just nerves.
Animals have to be "put down" daily, just so happens this was videoed.
It is not anything that an officer needs to lose his job over.
The officer likes dogs, else he would not have consulted his higherups so frequently.
Can you get this excited over the death of a human?
When was the last time you donated to a charity to feed hungry children?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

Another person that "calmly" avoids the fact that this dog was 1. owned 2. licensed and 3. not a nuisance. So there was, by law, no reason to "put down" this dog. Like all the other people here to derail the thread you also throw into the mix of donating to charity, I donate to 3 animal shelters; I'd like to ask the same question to you in return could I see the mailing list your on because you donate to a charity? Also if this is acceptable to you I'd like to also request your name and address for a paper I'm sending to every animal rights organization worldwide. If you believe in something so cruel will you stand by it in public?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by super genius
i love the outrage when something liek this makes a blip ont he radar, then no mroe than 1 hour later the peopel that get so furious over a shooting of a dog, sit down at the table for thier dinner or beef, chicken, or seafood.
every time you eat meat, your essentially doing the exact same thing. dont try and rationalize this away, unless you know of a way to seperate the meat form a cow/chicken/fish and its still alive, i dont want to hear it.
Here is the problem!

If I walked up and shot the dog(as a private citizen), I would end up going to jail on a multitude of charges.

The cops can do it without justification, and they will not even get a slap on the wrist.

I don't know if you are aware of it, but dogs are not raised for food in the USA, so the analogy to chickens and other livestock doesn't work that well.

ETA: Let me know when vegetarians can eat a meal without killing something. Plants are alive and they respond to stimuli, so just because you can't hear them scream doesn't mean they aren't hurting when you chew them up!

At LEAST some of the things I eat have the option of running away, your food can't do that.

Go have a meal of rocks and dirt, if your goal is to not hurt anything!

[edit on 21-6-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

FYI, in rural areas, if a stray dog is running deer, exciting the herd, bothering the chickens, or otherwise pestering the landowner, it is shot. If it is a neighbor's dog, it may get a second chance, but the neighbor is on notice. A deer runner is usually just shot on sight as are coyotes.

As the line in "The Godfather" goes, "Nothing personal, just business."

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

FYI, in rural areas, if a stray dog is running deer, exciting the herd, bothering the chickens, or otherwise pestering the landowner, it is shot. If it is a neighbor's dog, it may get a second chance, but the neighbor is on notice. A deer runner is usually just shot on sight as are coyotes.

So there is some law that says neighbor dogs get a second chance or this is just your own personal view? Seems you are trying to tell me this is some standard or something but I cannot find anything with that neighbor clause in it so

FYI, I could care less why you shoot dogs. None of anything you are talking about applies here.

As the line in "The Godfather" goes, "Nothing personal, just business."

Shoot my dog for getting loose. I would be happy to introduce people to my business.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Shoot my dog for getting loose. I would be happy to introduce people to my business.
Not looking for a fight, friend.

Just wanted to let you know that many states have laws allowing people to shoot dogs if they are in the act of running deer. It is the dog owners responsibility to keep their dog restrained, especially if it has been known to run deer.

I remember my grandfather shooting one of his own rabbit dogs because he could not break it of it's habit of running deer.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
It was not cruelty.

Define cruelty. Define it in the way you would explain it to my child that happened to be looking out the window when that happened.

The dog was collared and then calmly shot.
The dog did not expect this to happen.
The dog wagging his tail at the end was just nerves.

You know the dog was just nervous and not friendly so it is all good?

Animals have to be "put down" daily, just so happens this was videoed.

How often are the CAPTURED, RESTRAINED, THEN shot in the street in front of everyone on the spot? Video or no, how often does that happen? How does that help? Rape happens everyday as well, you know?

It is not anything that an officer needs to lose his job over.

Maybe. Maybe not. Who are you to make that call?

The officer likes dogs, else he would not have consulted his higherups so frequently.

I guess my audio went out. What was he saying in praise of dogs on each of those calls?

Can you get this excited over the death of a human?

A human grabbed, restrained, being cooperative and following orders executed in the street like that? Pretty sure I can.

When was the last time you donated to a charity to feed hungry children?

Yesterday.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join