It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Cruetly By Police

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
Hhhmmm... Disturbing indeed.

Listen up, humans. I resign.

Yeah right... I only wish I could resign from humanity. That is, become a lesser, instinct driven creature. I would probably opt for a wolf. If reincarnation turns out to be true, please universe let me return as a wolf. I tire from the sadness and evil that is human beings.

You and me both, brother..

As I think my name implies

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
Wait until you have more information before you judge the officers.

I don't need anymore information. I have all the evidence I really need based upon the video. I've been working with humans and animals for nearly 30 years. The fact remains that all life has value and what these officers did is an abomination to the value of life.

They start with a dog, eventually it ends up being a person who is naked and unarmed getting shot for sneezing while handcuffed.

At this point, I deem you a troll as I find no logic in your posts.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nivcharah
They start with a dog, eventually it ends up being a person who is naked and unarmed getting shot for sneezing while handcuffed.

Too right, my life over last 18 years has proven the police are involved in premeditated murder, for no reason. Its so true if you hurt animals on purpose you would do the same to humans.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlie_the_loafer
Just so you guys know , and everyone else who reads this forum , the retards name is Doug Howell and his chief is defending him : www.wgem.com...

"We don't have an option to let the dog go if it's an aggressive or vicious dog and if we can't load it or get it somewhere where we can put it in confinement, then we have to handle the call right there."

There you go.. Effing bloody lazy pigs. Kill it, because we just have to..

There was no threat.

Gah, I need a drink.....

Oh but wait - kitchen knives!

"A lot of the aggressiveness from what I saw, part of it was off camera," McNelly said.

A lot of what he saw, was not on camera......

Ohhkay... he has esp. I see...

WHAT A HAT..

[edit on 19/6/2010 by badw0lf]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You didn't think David spade really cared did you?

The cops know whats going to happen to the dog when it goes to the shelter.

Human begins usually are not genocidal its just post industrial Era animals are
destroyed to prevent ethic arguments. The whole thing is very hypocritical but that what happen when every one wants a carnivore.

Get a goat or sheep a horse or a cow if you can otherwise its a dog eat dog world.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The dog is dead.
There wil not be any prosecution of the police.
They did nothing wrong.

Write your local a*ortion clinic and complain about what they do with the same passion for the dog.

There have only been 80,000,000 of these deaths in the past thirty five years.

Actually, dog pounds should skin the dogs, freeze them and ship them overseas to hungry wrld citizens.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
Actually, dog pounds should skin the dogs, freeze them and ship them overseas to hungry wrld citizens.

Pets aren't livestock, end of story.
Horses included.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by spritualextendsemail
The cops know whats going to happen to the dog when it goes to the shelter.

When there is a complaint of an animal biting/attacking people, the animal is put into observation/solitary confinement. They are not automatically euthanized. If the complaints are unfounded and the dog is determined not aggressive by the animal shelter, it would go back to the owner with a citation/fine plus the fees of keeping the dog at the shelter. It's a means for the city/town/county and the shelter to generate funds.

Shooting the dog actually cost them the price of the bullet AND the revenue they would have raised by fining the owner. Everyone lost in this situation.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Originally posted by brill
Its a dog people, seriously some of you need to look at the big picture. Is it pretty.....no, but to piss and whine about a dog being put down speaks volumes about the simple mindsets of some. I've seen pictures of dead children thrown into a garbage heap after the Haiti earthquake, now that was unsettling. Get a grip

brill

Did you call the Earthquake and express your disgust at the CHOICE it made to kill children? Are you saying other people should? I you saying anger at person who did a messed up thing is misdirected because of what a natural disaster did?

Just curious.

No I'm stating, again, that it was a dog, not really a big ticket item. Not sure how one calls an earthquake though, do tell

brill

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
For being around strangers, that dog was remarkably cool and calm.

Last resort ?? how laxy are these freaking pigs ?? and why were they trying to handle the dog and not animal control ??

That was execution, plain and simple, the dog was just laying there, not putting up any fight.

And whats the pigs excuse ?? well the dog wasn't cooperating ?? It's a freaking dog !!! what do they expect !!!

more and more crooked cops, we need to stick together as a community, ... and bombard this department with emails to tell them how dispicable they are, .... we also need to start sending these video's to new's outlets or whoever will get the word out.

freaking pigs

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I am going to play devils advocate here, and actually support the police in this case and here is how I came to that conclusion, after reviewing the video tape and reading the comments, this is how I came to the conclusion.
1) The animal in question, looks to be a pit bull mix, and according to most states and the ASPCA, and humane societies around the country, and insurance companies, are considered one of the dangerous breeds.
2) According to those who have posted and have checked into this, the animal has had several complaints of attacking people already, so it is a known bite case.
3) The owner, instead of restraining the animal in a location where it could not get to anyone, and vice versa, had it tied to the tail end of a truck.
4) In the video, the animal was not calm or submissive at the very start of the video, rather its tail is down, almost between its legs.
5) The officer who shot the dog, was seen on a cell phone, probably getting instructions on how to handle this situation, he was the one with the fetch pole.
In this case, I am going to say that, if the animal is showing signs of being stressed, has reportedly attacked people, (Agressive), looks like a pit bull mix, then the police will not take a chance. The question, that comes to my mind, is would it have mattered if the reports were true? And what if a child, got mauled by this animal, would you be so quick to say the police were wrong for shooting it?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
I am going to play devils advocate here, . . . .

In this case, I am going to say that, if the animal is showing signs of being stressed, has reportedly attacked people, (Agressive), looks like a pit bull mix, then the police will not take a chance. The question that comes to my mind, is would it have mattered if the reports were true? And what if a child got mauled by this animal, would you be so quick to say the police were wrong for shooting it?

Being stressed is not a valid reason for shooting a dog that is being submissive.

The dog has allegedy attacked a couple times. For all we know, it could be a neighbor with a beef about the dog defacating in their yard, so reported the loose dog as attacking. There is a difference between attacking and biting. Biting has a clear definition, however, "attacking" is open to interpretation. If someone had been mauled, I'm confident the article would have said that.

Even if the reports are true, the cops handled this wrong.

Yes. They were wrong for shooting an animal that became submissive relatively quickly. Had they just taken the leashed dog in to the shelter, the shelter could have HUMANELY euthanized the dog - if the reports were true - instead of needing to shoot it twice. The dog suffered from the first bullet.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
Wait until you have more information before you judge the officers.

I don't need anymore information. I have all the evidence I really need based upon the video.

At this point, I deem you a troll as I find no logic in your posts.

Look for logic in your own posts and deem what you will. Emotion drives you.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
I am going to play devils advocate here, . . . .

In this case, I am going to say that, if the animal is showing signs of being stressed, has reportedly attacked people, (Agressive), looks like a pit bull mix, then the police will not take a chance. The question that comes to my mind, is would it have mattered if the reports were true? And what if a child got mauled by this animal, would you be so quick to say the police were wrong for shooting it?

Being stressed is not a valid reason for shooting a dog that is being submissive.

The dog has allegedy attacked a couple times. For all we know, it could be a neighbor with a beef about the dog defacating in their yard, so reported the loose dog as attacking. There is a difference between attacking and biting. Biting has a clear definition, however, "attacking" is open to interpretation. If someone had been mauled, I'm confident the article would have said that.

Even if the reports are true, the cops handled this wrong.

Yes. They were wrong for shooting an animal that became submissive relatively quickly. Had they just taken the leashed dog in to the shelter, the shelter could have HUMANELY euthanized the dog - if the reports were true - instead of needing to shoot it twice. The dog suffered from the first bullet.

No, but anyone who has ever worked with dogs, (I worked for 2 years in a humane society) will tell you that a dog that is stressed is more likely to bite and attack. Consider this, that what every the animal weighs, then when it is attacking or struggling, you take and multiply the weight by a factor of 2 to 3 times. So that means that a 60 pound dog, when attacking is hitting the person with a force of 120 to 180 pounds, and that is not even taking into the account of the bite force as well. And a pit bull has a bite force of 235 psi. (And yes I was bit by a pit once, but I got luck) And if a pit or a pit mix, bites, it is going to do damage, as that kind of animal can lock its jaws.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Most of the things cops( My grandfather was a cop but I don't trust these guys) are caught doing these days doesn't shock me and being a Veterinary Tech, I've seen a lot of cruelty,...but this? It's inexcusable for a cop to do, not a very good example... The dog seemed rather calm and being a problem should have been delt with in a shelter not in the manner it was... Def. need to put in a note/complaint to that police office. Sickening but glad to see it's on YouTube so more people can help to have this guy fired, fined/time for cruelty and banned from owning a gun.
I guess BSL strikes again.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by dreamingawake]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have no idea what they were thinking...I mean what was the point of putting the pole on it. If your intention was to shoot the dog why go through all the trouble of putting it on the pole. I do not understand why they did not call animal control on this call.
Where did this happen and have the officers in question been reprimanded?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
They put a pole on the dog to control the animal and move him to get a clear shot with no persons or property behind the dog so when they fired and could have missed it would not hit something or someone.

Me I usually dont call anyone, if a dog is running loose I just shoot it and dump the body.

I have shot lots of things when I was a young boy, when am I going to turn into a serial killer?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I just can't stand the police. They take advantage of their little buddy system and get liberties that don't exist. A few years ago, I remember one case where an officer was speeding through a street, going past lights, and flying through crosswalks. It was early in the morning and he was on his way to meet a guy at ihop or Denny's or something. He splatters some poor guy in the crosswalk, kills him, and gets away without any charges, because other officers said there wasn't enough evidence to say he was speeding. They tried to blame the pedestrian too, saying he was wearing dark clothing and jaywalking. Even if he was, that's manslaughter. Stupid messed up system..

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hey, you guys...RawStory picked this up!

Here...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill
No I'm stating, again, that it was a dog, not really a big ticket item. Not sure how one calls an earthquake though, do tell

brill

You tell me. It was your statement and I thought it sounded pretty silly myself.

I've seen pictures of dead children thrown into a garbage heap after the Haiti earthquake, now that was unsettling. Get a grip

My complaint is the actions of the officers. I made that pretty clear. The officers who were people that CHOSE to do a messed thing. You come along and tell us to stop being angry with the cops over this because there was an earthquake??????????

YOU EXPLAIN YOUR LOGIC. Ironic you got a star for pointing out how stupid your post originally came across. You do not get that though.

P.S. - You do not get to decided how big my tickets are.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join