It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Cruetly By Police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by buckjeep

That town doesn't have an animal control unit to have called in for backup?

Now this is a good question, I do not know.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Apparently they don't. They don't even have a dog pound, but I guess you don't need one if you gun down every stray. Saves money feeding them, I suppose.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The dog was afraid of the pole. If the police officer would have put the pole down, he could have walked up to the dog and led it anywhere he wanted it to go. That was NOT an aggressive dog. I could have taken that dog anywhere. Thank God it was a dog and not an unruly, confused senior citizen with a butter knife.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I am still looking into if they have animal officers or not. Still no luck.

Did you see how easy it was to scare the both of them, all the dog did was pull back in fear of the pole and they both pulled their weapons. Yet they could lease the dog no problem.

Ignorance is seen on that video plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

If money is that much of an issue, perhaps they should have just dragged it back to the station. Could've saved a bullet.
Any one viewing that video would just assume that the officers tied the dog up in hopes the owner would find him. Of course, they would return with fresh water and maybe even a treat on their next pass.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Not many people have mentioned that the dog was tied up with a rope at the beginning of the video. The cop should have just untied the dog and led it to the car.
I have watched a young lady that was barely five feet tall , from the local Animal Rescue League take a dog that was bigger (and meaner) than that one from a driveway into a van to be taken to the shelter.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The actions in this video are tantamount to shooting someone in police custody i.e. handcuffs... Sickening doesn't even begin to describe this...

[edit on 6/18/2010 by mistafaz]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Well said the dog was laying down to begin with and was not threat then , why would they decide to do things differently?

I guess ROOKIE states this all.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Reported it to CNN and ASPCA, lets see if they do anything with it.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by oubliette

Well this incident happened June 11th, so there has been a few days to cover this, and none yet.

We'll see though.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I thought I would give this a lift so that more people can see this.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Man I really wish there were laws that such cruelty had punishments equivalent to humans. This cop should be brought on charges and needs to spend a long time behind bars. Animal cruelty in any shape or form should not be tolerated. Animals are the last bastion for human morals.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by name pending

What I couldn't believe is how calm the dog is to begin. He's leashed and laying down, why use the pole?

It defies logic.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by theability]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Iam sorry to say that for my first comment on this site but those cop aren't sick. United state of america are sick. Wake up. It's sad because USA have the possibility to change the world. But now, they change it for worst...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I honestly can't bring myself to look at this video. I have a hard time even thinking people could abuse an animal like a loyal loving dog.

They're the first one at the door when you get home to greet you with a big sloppy kiss, they will die to defend you. All you have to offer in return is a roof and some food. They just seem to know when you're sad and will snuggle right up beside you and actually comfort you.

Tell me how could anyone harm an animal which would die to protect you? An animal which would do anything to please his owner?

I love dogs.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Cops in this country have become absolute garbage...there are a few good ones left,but they are the minority. I am a law-abiding citizen,never done anything illegal,and I fear the local police more than I do the criminals. I would NEVER call the police for anything,not even if I was in fear of my life....learn to handle your own problems,and dont depend on these idiot thugs to come and save you.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I just don't know what to say about this....

The dog was not attacking..... When he shot him the dog was just...standing there....

Then he shot him again.... for the kill....

I truly see no justification for this shooting. Ugh. Yet another thing to add to my "Why people suck" list....

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
i love the outrage when something liek this makes a blip ont he radar, then no mroe than 1 hour later the peopel that get so furious over a shooting of a dog, sit down at the table for thier dinner or beef, chicken, or seafood.
every time you eat meat, your essentially doing the exact same thing. dont try and rationalize this away, unless you know of a way to seperate the meat form a cow/chicken/fish and its still alive, i dont want to hear it.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I hate humanity. I hate the incredulous beast of law. I hate the increduluous beast of anti-animalism.

How does a police officer determine that a loving Bordie Colllie or a Golden Retriever is a dog that could possibly hurt by a police officer? Really?

They are off their rocker. Kill and kill is the motto of the para-police department. I really want to move away from the idiocy of a PD Dept.

How far do I move to get away from these zealouts of law?

I fear for my family, they include my Border Collie, my Golden Retreiver and my Sheppard?

I want out of this crazy world, yes, I can afford it. Where do I go though?

I truely hate the world we have become. My dogs are my family. Ok, I have a few humans in there to. How come the police don't kill them under duress?

I am a law abiding citizen. But my dogs get killed if there i a suppossed threat...I won't be a law abiding citizen no more.

I'm at a loss for the meaness of the law. It's not like I have pitbulls.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

It's not like I have pitbulls.

See, that's part of the problem though. Hype, propaganda and stereotyping, combined with hate. A deadly mixture as we see in the video.

'Pit bull' conjures up images of a preternatural animal, a crazed killing machine with tendencies like Cujo, (the possessed dog from a Steven King book/movie).

It's ridiculous.

I've known collies and cocker spaniels that bite anything that moves of looks at them sideways.

Hell, half my brothers face was taken off by a collie when he was 3 but on the other hand I had a pit bull my daughter could dress up in baby clothes.

Combine that stereotype with cop(s) that have the same outlook on life as you.

I hate humanity.

They 'hate' humanity. As you state you do.
They're set and ready for Cujo's cousin here to rip their throats out as (purportedly) the dog has already attacked people.
IMO it's for exactly those reasons, hate, stereotyping and hearsay this situation escalated to tragedy.

The same can be said for the cop that punched the teen girl in the face the other day.

No, I'm not defending their actions.

I'm saying people have to STOP HATE of all kind... And STOP judging people, and animals a like.

This video is a prime example of when hate and stereotyping goes too far.

peace

[edit on 19-6-2010 by silo13]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join