It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The worlds most famous UFO... Is not from space...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I truly believe there is more to the Triangles than can be explained by stealth blimps. Check out some of the reports -

1953: dbarkertv.com...

1954: dbarkertv.com...

c1957: dbarkertv.com...

1957: dbarkertv.com...

1958: dbarkertv.com...

1960: dbarkertv.com...

And it just goes on and on.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I think most here on ATS have all come to an agreement that the Black Triangles are ours and have been ours for quite some time now.

That doesnt mean that it isnt a reverse engineered Alien craft however.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by safetymouse
I truly believe there is more to the Triangles than can be explained by stealth blimps. Check out some of the reports -

1953: dbarkertv.com...

1954: dbarkertv.com...

c1957: dbarkertv.com...

1957: dbarkertv.com...

1958: dbarkertv.com...

1960: dbarkertv.com...

And it just goes on and on.

Cheers.

Yes of course, stealth blimps in the 1950s. Come on, you have to be really reaching for it on tip toes, while standing on a chair, balanced on the fulcrum of its back legs to truly believe that one? There isn't a shred of evidence to suggest that, the military were developing any sort of blimps in the 50s. They were way too occupied with sticking nuclear engines in bombers .

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I can help here I think. I think he meant HOTOL. It was a Rolls Royce Hypersonic Engine from the 80s. Very cool idea. Rolls got out of the market though and took it nowhere.

The basic idea is still around and has been improved since. The intellectual property is now in the hands of a small company comprised of the original engineers. The company is 'reaction engines'. The new proposed vehicle is called Skylon.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
reply to post by butcherguy

I can help here I think. I think he meant HOTOL. It was a Rolls Royce Hypersonic Engine from the 80s. Very cool idea. Rolls got out of the market though and took it nowhere.

The basic idea is still around and has been improved since. The intellectual property is now in the hands of a small company comprised of the original engineers. The company is 'reaction engines'. The new proposed vehicle is called Skylon.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for that. The concept goes back to the early 70s though. i remember reading an article in the magazine "Look and Lean" all about it. The illustration was almost identical to the Skylon, but the original idea was for a sub orbital passenger craft to link London to Sydney in 4 hours. It was meant to be the successor to the Concord fleet. Sadly, like so many innovations in technology in Britain, it was passed over.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdebz
First reports about the stelth blimp 60s? 70s? 80s?~
Last time i checked most classified planes get declassifed after about ten years

According to this writer in the aviation industry, Bill Scott, they aren't on any set timetable to declassify projects like the stealth blimp, and they may keep it classified for a while:

UFO Hunters 206 Arizona Lights

Bill Birnes asks Bill Scott when these craft might be revealed to us:
"They may never be revealed. As long as it's an advantage, we don't want people to know about it. That's the way the black world thinks."-Bill Scott

I don't think the stealth blimp explains all triangle and delta UFO sightings, but it might explain some of them. Bill Scott seems to think so too and he's spent considerable time researching this and writing about it.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I don't think the stealth blimp explains all triangle and delta UFO sightings, but it might explain some of them

And I think that is the right answer clearly with the dataset available, largely anecdotal unfortunately, there can be no definitive conclusion and this appears to split opinions into two camps.

NIDS did the best they could with the information available but without new evidence no one can make indisputable statements as to the black triangles origins or intents the water is very muddy on this topic and remains very much an open case.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The issue is definitely still wide open for an enterprising photographer to get the shot of the century. You may need a thermal camera....

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Apparently many digg readers have seen the stealth blimp....
digg.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

the challenger and abrams tanks do not have reactive armour, they have chobham armour which is a british development and the challenger 2 has a stronger version than the abrams.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
thanks

rich

[edit on 10-8-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by alexander_delta
Apparently many digg readers have seen the stealth blimp....
digg.com...

The object appeared from the SSE, traveled directly over us in an arc, and headed off in a NNE direction. (Heh, it was shaped pretty much like a Imperial Star Destorer from underneath www.obh.snafu.de... ... ) , extremely massive, completely quiet and appeared to be at a very high altitude. There were lights underneath and some were flashing.
That description does vaguely resemble some of the stealth blimp sketches I've seen.

But it seems like it would be stealthier without the flashing lights on it. Maybe they need those to help other planes detect it to avoid collisions?

I also wonder if it could be a stealth blimp that all the police officers saw in January 2000 over Southern Illinois?

However, some people object to this explanation saying they would never fly the stealth blimp over a populated area. While I think that's a valid question, I'm not so sure about that, after all, it was in the middle of the night when almost everyone but the cops and some truck drivers were sleeping. There's not even much normal aviation traffic at that hour.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join