It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The worlds most famous UFO... Is not from space...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This page list all the sightings, and ties them together. It also has a list of the related government projects that contributed to the final outcome...

www.thestealthblimp.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The Belgian Triangle is exactly what I saw about 5 years ago, I live in Michigan, USA

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geoffrey
The Belgian Triangle is exactly what I saw about 5 years ago, I live in Michigan, USA

Please describe what you saw.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The blimp on the website where they think it's the v or triangle craft are seeing is nothing like what people saw so i can't see it myself

October

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
First reports about the stelth blimp 60s? 70s? 80s?~
Last time i checked most classified planes get declassifed after about ten years

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Thats a great reference page.

I can't say this will explain all of the v shaped objects seen. For example I don't know what good the lights would do on what was described as a stealth blimp. I just like to think that maybe some day we might know the truth.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by superdebz
Last time i checked most classified planes get declassifed after about ten years

That is totally false. The CIA did not admit to the A12's existence until 40 years later.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by alexander_delta

That is totally false. The CIA did not admit to the A12's existence until 40 years later.
President Johnson officially announced the existence of the Lockheed A-12 on July 24th, 1964.

Are you saying they had that plane flying in 1924?

[edit on 18-6-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Despite the fact you could buy a model of it before they admitted its' existence.

Most of the mock ups of HTOL designs are exactly the same as designs made by Rolls Royce in the early 1970s. At no time were they ever actually secret.

There is a wholly false assumption that the USA is the worlds leading country in terms of technological development. It isn't, it just has the largest budget to waste on projects that were never really very good to start with. Both the Germans and the Russians are way ahead in terms of Blimp development. The Euro fighter, is arguably, better than most of the USAF's inventory as well.

It's a rather arrogant assumption that , if these craft exist, they have to be American. The truth is, the Americans have quite a history of expensive white elephant projects that did little but boost the public's self esteem.

People tend to forget the following, in some ways we have gone backwards. We no longer have a supersonic passenger aircraft, and the only successful design, so far, was an Anglo French design.

Don't forget, the main American battle tank is basically, a British Challenger tank using British designed reactive armour and the suspension was developed from the Swedish S tank designed in the 1960s. The latest *intelligent* munitions are also a Swedish development.

That said, the idea that any one, on this earth, has had craft that dwarf an Aircraft carrier in size and can accelerate to post sonic speeds, without a sonic signature, for over 20 years, sounds to me to be simply moonshine or wishful thinking.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

President Johnson officially announced the existence of the Lockheed A-12 on July 24th, 1964.

Johnson made the announcement about the SR-71 in 1964. Thats what your reference related to. Did not see where it said the A12 was made public then also.
refrence

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

Most of the mock ups of HTOL designs are exactly the same as designs made by Rolls Royce in the early 1970s. At no time were they ever actually secret.
You're going to have to help me out with the HTOL reference.

Never heard of it, so I googled it.

The only thing that I find is High Temperature Operating Life tests that they do on computer chips.

???

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

Johnson made the announcement about the SR-71 in 1964. Thats what your reference related to. Did not see where it said the A12 was made public then also.
refrence
On the same link you will also find that the SR71 PROTOTYPE was delivered at Palmdale, CA in October 1964.

So you are saying that the president announced the existence of a plane whose first prototype had not yet been delivered, yet did not acknowledge the existence of the plane from which it was derived and was an extensive improvement upon?
Er what?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by alexander_delta

It is funny that every proponent of the black triangle being a military black project quotes the 2002 NIDs report but neglects to mention the later 2004 report that states :

"(NIDS) found that the rash of sightings did not conform to previous deployment of black project aircraft and that the objects' origins and agendas were unknown "

Wiki Link

Oddly the wiki entry on NIDs did not include this either until I updated it despite a link to the wiki Black Triangle entry.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

With out reading the transcript of Johnson's speech, I would not know if he talked about the A12.
So yes all it is really saying is he revealed the SR 71 before the first one was delivered.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

You're going to have to help me out with the HTOL reference.

Never heard of it, so I googled it.

The only thing that I find is High Temperature Operating Life tests that they do on computer chips.

???

My apologies, it was the nomenclature for "horizontal take off and landing" craft for a while over here in Blighty, to distinguish them from VTOLs. The term was used to describe craft that were meant for suborbital flight but didn't take off like a rocket vertically.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Then I suppose that my point about the government acknowledging existence of secret aircraft before 40 years have passed by is well taken?

Being that they released info on the SR-71 before the prototype was delivered.

Here is another source:

From it:

The existence of the YF1I2A was publicly acknowledged by President Lyndon B. Johnson himself in February 1964 when the four completed aircraft had already been delivered to 4786th Test Squadron for trials and on May l, 1965 the Commander of that squadron, Col. Robert L. "Fox" Stephens, flying with Lt. Col. Daniel Andre, set a new speed record of 2,070.102mph at 80,258ft. This record has yet to be beaten. Although it was patently obvious that the YF-12A was a formidable plane, it was also very, very expensive and in November 1967 the USAF decided that it would be impossible to persuade Congress to vote the necessary funds for the plane to go into series production.

The USAF and NASA continued with the YF-12A evaluating flights for many years, the last of these planes having been taken out of service as recently as 1979. The strategic reconnaissance version did not fall victim to financial constraints, however, and in December 1962, 32 were ordered and designated SR-71. These planes were of greater overall length than the YF-12A, they were also heavier but had the same aerodynamic platform skirting the fuselage extending as far as the nose. The exact performance figures for these aircraft are still secret; SR-71s are still in service with 9th Strategic Reconnaissance Wing (formerly 4200th Wing) at various unspecified strategic bases. The A-12, the YF-12 and the SR-71, three versions of the same basic design, qualify as some of the most amazing aircraft in the history of aviation. In recognition of his services to American aviation, Kelly Johnson became the first person ever to be awarded the Robert J. Collier Trophy twice (which he received for the second time in 1964), an honor bestowed for outstanding achievement in aeronautical progress.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Are you saying they had that plane flying in 1924?

No he did not. The CIA's A12 was completely separate from the SR71 blackbird. The A12 OXCART was not acknowledged by the CIA until 1994, 38 years after the program began.

The A12 OXCART was the predecessor to the SR71. Why are you spouting history if you wont bother to get the facts straight?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Thank you very much, that is the first I've heard that!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by alexander_delta

Well,

If you would read the history that I have already posted,
I would not need to SPOUT IT.

Like this from my last post to you:

The A-12, the YF-12 and the SR-71, three versions of the same basic design, qualify as some of the most amazing aircraft in the history of aviation. In recognition of his services to American aviation, Kelly Johnson became the first person ever to be awarded the Robert J. Collier Trophy twice (which he received for the second time in 1964), an honor bestowed for outstanding achievement in aeronautical progress.

Text

qualify as some of the most amazing aircraft in the history of aviation. In recognition of his services to American aviation, Kelly Johnson became the first person ever to be awarded the Robert J. Collier Trophy twice (which he received for the second time in 1964), an honor bestowed for outstanding achievement in aeronautical progress.

Note the:

The A-12, the YF-12 and the SR-71, three versions of the same basic design

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Text qualify as some of the most amazing aircraft in the history of aviation. In recognition of his services to American aviation, Kelly Johnson became the first person ever to be awarded the Robert J. Collier Trophy twice (which he received for the second time in 1964), an honor bestowed for outstanding achievement in aeronautical progress.

With respect, America is the country that has a world series featuring err Americans. Had SUD, Hawker, Saab or AVRO awarded him that fair enough, but the Blackbird was actually not that special, certainly not put alongside the TSR2 which corrupt politicians and aircraft manufactures in the USA had cancelled.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join