It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Muslim girls flee to private school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

French Muslim girls flee to private school

www.globalpost.com

AUBERVILLIERS, France — When 17-year-old Shainez Dib announced she wanted to start wearing a hijab as a deeper expression of her religious faith, her mother advised against it, telling her daughter she was not yet mature enough. Just because she could, since she was now attending a Muslim private school, didn’t mean she should.

"To wear a veil means you can no longer do foolish things,” said Dib, who ultimately followed her mother’s advice. “You have to adapt your behavior.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
France Sets $185 Fine in Muslim Veil Ban

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I have been hearing a lot about Muslim women's suffrage, as if Muslim women are forced into oppression for wearing the hijab or veils. While I don't doubt for a minute that there are some Muslim women who are oppressed and forced to do things that they don't want to do, that is a matter that transcends Islam and can be found in all religions and cultures through-out the world.

The truth of the matter is that many Muslim women, if not most Muslim women, choose to be a part of Islam, including taking part in the customs and rules that go along with their religion. In this article, French citizens, of free-will, are choosing to go to private schools in an effort to practice the customs that are supposedly oppressive to women of Islam, such as wearing the hijab.

In fact, it is arguable that women of Christianity, are no less oppressed and subdued than women of Islam. How is a hijab more oppressive than a shirt? How are Mormon women and Christian women more free than Muslim women, given that they all take a back-seat to the men in their households, according to their respective religions? I find that the whole "oppressed women of Islam" argument is based on ignorance, misunderstandings and prejudices.

--airspoon

www.globalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The anti-burqa law (racist, nazi, terrorist law) is a ploy to enforce a law to PREVENT ANYONE from covering their faces in public places.

This is because they are going to incorporate face detection cameras on EVERY street and they want to track and analyse you.

Muslims are used again as a scapegoat to PASS laws.

US Patriot Law was said to go after muslims but they use it against everyone.

Just like the UK Anti-Terror Laws.

To pass nazi like laws, they just use Muslims as an excuse and because of the racism and rank hatred instilled in the general public, it works every time.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
wearing a hijab is a must in Islam , this is a law that we believe in as muslims that has been given to us by GOD . does not hurt our women, most of them ,while you can go to lots of arab countries and you will find women that don't wear it ,and still they have their head (not chopped) hell even if you go to Jedda in Saudi arabia you will find that there are some women that don't wear it.

but i don't agree with the veil because it's not a must in Islam , even one of the clerics and a well-known one ,said once if you cover a goats head with a veil showing only the eyes , the goat will look beautiful

so this is why hijab is a must , its to cover the womans beauty , and don't forget the way she must not dress something stretching to her body because showing the parts of the body can draw the attention of wolf men. this is to protect her not to oppress her.

i know that by writing this here i will be shot to death by some posters
, but i wanted to shed some light on this mater , this is a law that has been given to us by GOD , so we believe that we have to obey , likewise when you are in any country you have to obey the laws of that country.

now im going to leave and go watch england football match with my friends.

and please don't tell the somalies that im going to watch a football match otherwise they will kill me

bye for now

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE
wearing a hijab is a must in Islam , this is a law that we believe in as muslims that has been given to us by GOD . does not hurt our women, most of them ,while you can go to lots of arab countries and you will find women that don't wear it ,and still they have their head (not chopped) hell even if you go to Jedda in Saudi arabia you will find that there are some women that don't wear it.

but i don't agree with the veil because it's not a must in Islam , even one of the clerics and a well-known one ,said once if you cover a goats head with a veil showing only the eyes , the goat will look beautiful

so this is why hijab is a must , its to cover the womans beauty , and don't forget the way she must not dress something stretching to her body because showing the parts of the body can draw the attention of wolf men. this is to protect her not to oppress her.

, but i wanted to shed some light on this mater , this is a law that has been given to us by GOD , so we believe that we have to obey , likewise when you are in any country you have to obey the laws of that country.

and please don't tell the somalies that im going to watch a football match otherwise they will kill me

bye for now

I think the issue is that if STATE regulates clothing styles (not for nudity) then it is a sign of a breakdown of humanity and society.

I don't think even Hitler banned certain types of clothing.

Tells you where these monsters that rule countries are headed.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Religious/cultural schools exist so that parents can ensure their children are properly indoctrinated into the religion or culture the parent feels loyalty to. It is to ensure the child embraces the values, behaviors and mores of the parents favored society.

Many people bitch and complain that people of a nation, with its own culture, want immigrants whom they have, out of kindness, live with them, share the good things their society has to offer, also expect that the immigrants embrace the values, customs and behaviors that make up that culture that they will be benefiting from.

Many here will get down on the "host" culture, and moan and whine about "HOW can they do this" but they never consider that the "guest" culture is doing the exact same thing. Protecting the culture it feels loyal to. And you can rest assured that should the guest culture ever become the dominant percentage of the population, they would be just as adamant about insisting that the minority conform. It happens everywhere.

The real question is, why do people who create cultures that so many want to be a part of that one way streams of immigration are created have so many members who are so self loathing that they feel obligated to apologize for those who wish to promote the values that have lead to such an attractive society?

You cannot have altruism, kindness, and cooperation in a society without also discriminating. It is impossible. You dont have to discriminate based on skin color, but you do have to discriminate against those behaviors, memes, values, etc., that oppose freedom, cooperation and tolerance.

I know it is a paradox, and some may not be able to wrap their heads around it, but it is a fact. To have the good things like freedoms, and kindness, you have to be unkind to anything that threatens that. And, right or wrong, Islam is seen to be incredibly threatening to freedom. There are very few Islamic nations in this world that have people pouring in to enjoy their freedoms and their bounty.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

bye for now

No one wants to kill you for telling the truth, and showing it not to be as evil as some would make it out to be.

Having known many people, including women, from the Middle East, one of whom is a trained engineer, I can attest to these being the common reasons I have been given, and believe.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You are half right.

Women are covered up to keep men from killing one another, ultimately. It is, in a short sighted way to "protect her," but it is to protect her from being taken by another man. It is the male owners interest that is really being protected, not her as a human being.

In the west, we dont have a huge problem with men killing one another over the ownership rights of a specific woman, (though it does happen) and we have found less oppressive ways to deal with the problem of men squabbling over the "resource" that women provide. (Sex and babies)

You need to look at the whole picture, including marriage laws, and the culture at the time the "command of God" was brought into being as a cultural rule to understand the "why" of a tradition and to see if it is worth keeping.

At the time it was adopted, (in a time of brutal tribal conflict) not having your males within the group engaged in murdering one another was crucial to your survival as a group. At that time it may have been highly beneficial and the lesser of two evils to force women to look like sacks of flour to prevent that. After all, in those times, a divided tribe was easily wiped out by a more internally cohesive tribe.

In this day and age, the flour sack itself has become a division within a society that endangers internal harmony, and thus, using the same logic that lead to its adoption, it should be discarded in favor of internal harmony.

"God's will" is survival, and the "commands of God" are those behaviors which give your group a competitive edge over other groups. To pretend they are written in stone and unchangable is to misunderstand "God's" point, and is idolatry. Only "words" are the idols being worshiped in favor of listening to "God" directly.

Edit to repair one of my run on, confusing sentences.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
France is getting destroyed from the interior by immigration... It's awfull, in theses cité people are forced to follow islamic laws, forcing non muslims to leave and further transforming large area into gettos. There is no jobs from them, but they keep coming because they are given money and a place to live for free. The situation is much worse than in any country (even south africa, if you consider france is a rich country and that it helps it's citizen, which should improves things).

This situation cannot be held indefinately, and I think TPTB is letting this happen on purpose to destroy france and/or use the immigrants as scapegoats when time will come.

I don't really think it is "free will", here.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

When 17-year-old Shainez Dib announced she wanted to start wearing a hijab as a deeper expression of her religious faith, her mother advised against it, telling her daughter she was not yet mature enough. Just because she could, since she was now attending a Muslim private school, didn’t mean she should.

"To wear a veil means you can no longer do foolish things,” said Dib, who ultimately followed her mother’s advice. “You have to adapt your behavior.”

I decided to read the whole article and to tell you the truth - what a'lot of tosh.

She is 17 and a minor - not legally old enough to make her own decisions, I would tell my daughters the very same.

If religion is such a dominant part of her daily routine then of course ... go to another school/college when of age which indulges in said peice of cloth.

hypothetically - If a child of mine became a rasta and decided to wear a multi coloured tie died top to school.... he would be sent home as there is a dress rule, however is this not part of his religion? the same with dreadlocks. The reason this is not allowed is for the sole purpose of equality.

These rules, be it from the school directly or the government need to be adhered to when going to a state run learning establishment.

I see it as alot of whining - when in rome do what the romans do.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ickylevel

Forget about the immigration for a second. Trust me, I not one for unfair immigration at all, illegal or otherwise. This doesn't mean that I'm anti-immigration, only that citizens of a country should come first, at least as far as the interests of the government is concerned.

With that being said, not all Muslims in France are 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or even sixth generation immigrants. Some Muslims in France can trace their ancestry all the way back to the 8th century (around year 730), when the Moors conquered France. Islam in France in not confined to immigration, not in the least. Islam in France and immigration to France are not synonymous.

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

join