It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now NASA is predicting The End for 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
What will the 2012 Solar Maximum bring?

Bye, bye grid?

NASA isn't sure about its intensity, but over the last two years they have consistently ramped up their warnings.

www.youtube.com...

A worst case scenario can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can anyone substantially refute this, beyond saying it just won't happen or has never happened?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
there is a identical thread man ... search before and post there you opinion ... thanks

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
2013 huh?

Sounds credible enough to me.
I’m not really a big believe in the whole 2012 thing personally but it stands to reason the possibility is there.
NASA predictions seem to be in line with the whole interaction between our solar system and the galactic plane scenario.

I don’t know if this has any bearing on exactly why the sun is behaving the way it is or the reason it is going to get worse as we approach the said date. In any case I’m gonna read some more about this

Star and flag.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ethericplane

I just have one question...why do you feel the need to put 'the end' in your thread title?

Its not like this will be the first time the sun has ran such a cycle. You use the title of NASA in your title and 'the end'.....so I was wondering, if you can show where NASA themselves called this 'a end' to anything.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I believe the OP was only referring to the “end” as 2013 stands so close to the apocalyptic date of 2012 so often generalized to be the end.

Huh? It stands after 2012.. Yeah I know 2012 2013 its all the same whatever.
Another doomsday thread enjoy dude.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Officially from NASA website:

"Predicting Cycles 24 and 25

The Predictive Flux-transport Dynamo Model is enabling NCAR scientists to predict that the next solar cycle, known as Cycle 24, will produce sunspots across an area slightly larger than 2.5% of the visible surface of the Sun. The scientists expect the cycle to begin in late 2007 or early 2008, which is about 6 to 12 months later than a cycle would normally start. Cycle 24 is likely to reach its peak about 2012.

By analyzing recent solar cycles, the scientists also hope to forecast sunspot activity two solar cycles, or 22 years, into the future. The NCAR team is planning in the next year to issue a forecast of Cycle 25, which will peak in the early 2020s.

"This is a significant breakthrough with important applications, especially for satellite-dependent sectors of society," explains NCAR scientist Peter Gilman.

The NCAR team received funding from the National Science Foundation and NASA’s Living with a Star program."

I know the article is from 2006, but they specifically point out 2012 as the peak.

NASA Article Link

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NoSoup4U

Right...but they have produced more recent articles that change that pointing date to 2013.

Still I feel the need to make a disclaimer...NASA says nothing about a 'end' to anything. (Just fort the other readers)

[edit on 18-6-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Old news...and why is this in the Aliens/ufo forum?

new topics

top topics

join