It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Batman [BBOT]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
An old beat up Volvo pulls up to a parking spot, it's tires give their last squeal before stopping in their usual groove. The 99 engine rumbling it's echo through out the lower parking complex of the New York Central Park residency building stops and an elderly man get out and heads toward the parking lots entrance to the building where he is greeted by a door man.

"Good evening Sr., how was your day? Did you hear the News?" says the Doorman as the elderly man glares at him for not opening the door. "Oh sorry Sr. Say why don't you ever go through valet? The front entrance is also right next to the elevators." Says the Doorman as he preforms his job.

The elderly man walk though the door past the doorman, heads up the stairs to the front lobby before responding "I don't care for greedy hands expecting a tip, the less the better, that's why."

Once in the lobby the elderly man gets on the elevator, eagerly awaiting to reach his apartment and turn on the News to see if all the rumors were true. Batman was revealing his identity to the world, publicly for the first time...

To be continued.....

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

So far so good! Waiting for more...........

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Once inside the elegant apartment the elderly man claps on the lights, navigating past the antique yet simple furniture and clapping on his television just before heading into the kitchen to prepare himself his nightly dinner of tuna in a can he keeps his ear keen to the two News reporters on the screen.

The TV blared the News announcers comments as his frail hands struggled with the dollar store can opener.

"Can you believe it? The one man army, the terrorist vigilante. Americas public enemy number one is actually daring not only to reveal his true identity but he is going to do it publicly to the media." The male News anchor finished saying, his plastic features gleaming on the screen.

"I know isn't it just crazy, what is he thinking!" chuckles the pretty female Anchor to his left. "But to be fair and balanced there are a few Americans who support Batman and his vigilantism. Mostly crazy medicated wackos but Americans nonetheless." Both Anchors chuckle.

"Any moment now, Batman will be giving his statement to the press. The podium we have provided by his instructions is completely surrounded by both opponents and supporters not to mention the media and what can be considered as an army of Law enforcement complete with land, air and sea surveillance." The voice of the male News anchor chirps from the televisions speakers.

The elderly man grabs a fork for his tuna and heads to the living room to watch the news. "Riddle me this Batman. How is the starved bat going to get out of his own cave this time? Fool, giving up and sealing your fate will not stop us." He says smirking to himself as he sits down on his couch in front of the Screen.

As the news anchors continue to report informing the viewers that Batman is going to turn himself in, in exchange for an opportunity to speak to the American people the telephone next to the couch where the elderly man is watching TV and eating his tuna rings...

To be continued....

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
"Hello?" says the elderly man coughing up some of the tuna at the same time.

After recognizing the voice on the other line he says "I thought you would call.....Well of course it's about the gulf.....This is Bruce Wayne we're talking about, he is not an idiot he knows how to follow the money.....trust me it's him....listen to me I need you to trust me, Bruce is not the only guy in town who knows how to follow the money.....it's him" The elderly man pauses and listens while taking another bite of tuna.

Angered that the man on the other end of the line is still worried he says. "Look, so what, so the big bad Dark Knight knows and is going to tell the world.....no one will care......no one will even believe it.....because it's Bruce Wayne telling them!...well you better believe it because Batman is Bruce Wayne....why else then?....why else would Batman be turning himself in?....I'm telling you, don't worry I've all ready taken care of this. The Riddler has not nor will he ever be beat by a flying RAT!"

"Shush up now it's starting" The elderly man says into the phone as the News reporters alert that Batman's is ready to address the public....

"For all the viewers just tuning in, we are moments away from the much anticipated first time revealing of Batman true identity" The Male news anchor grabs his ear. "Yes...yes we are ready Ladies and gentlemen Lox News gives you Batman, completely Live" The view on the Television screen suddenly switches to The Dark Knight himself......

To Be continued.......

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Batman Standing at a podium out side of the New York Court House. It's 10:00pm at night, lights streaming from every direction. Thousands of people shouting support or swear words, Police, swat, national guard surrounding the entire vicinity, cameras flashing continuously, the sound of helicopters swooshing from every which way and direction all come to a calm as Batman begins to say his first words.

"People of America, I am Batman, no more....I can no longer protect you....I don't have the funds, nor do I have the will....I have been defeated....By the Riddler!" Batman finishes by slamming his fist on the podium.

Shouts of support start coming from the crowed.

"Listen to me!...5 years ago, a few months before the gulf oil spill, I heavily invested in a corporation in order to gain a position on the board...I did this because I was following a lead..a bread crumb trail...a riddle...left by a very dangerous adversary." Batman pauses for every one to soak in the information.

"Thanks to my investments I was able to gain the information about what would happen if we drilled at that depth...Because of the pressure we would not be able to stop the oil from coming out...I needed to prevent the catastrophe that I knew would happen...The Oil Spill. I invested even more but I was to late......Once the sea life started to die despite all the money we all used to try to stop the flow the company stock fell. I became a poor man over night. It was a trap." His words came to a stop as he started choking on his anger.

The burst of noise sprung up from the crowed as some voiced the obvious question "BP?" "No it can't be" "Are you serious!?!?!?".

Batman noting that the crowed was beginning to realize who he was felt his time running out so he continued "Yes People of America, now that the seas are virtually dead from years and years of oil and dispersants, now that we are all displaced, now that the government has control of your lives our companies and future, I bring you more bad news......It was all planned, there is no stopping them, And I can no longer afford to be Batman, because I am......Bruce Wayne." As the last letters of that dreaded name come out of Bruce's mouth the same moment he took off his mask the crowed erupts into a full blown Riot.

"Tier gas flying every where in an attempt to prevent the murder of the Countries highest profile case. Batman/Bruce Wayne simultaneously the world most sought after terrorist and Worlds most looked for saddest tale of a Man who had it all and literally pissed it away destroying not only the gulf of Mexico but also life as we knew it......regrettably Law enforcement were unable to hold back the angry mob and Bruce Wayne was beaten to death by one of Batman's supporters from the crowed.....This was Tim Marks from Lox News, fair and balanced." Said a shocked reporter as the TV was turned Turned off....

To Be Continued...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
"You see....all according to plan....how could you ever doubt me?.....I'm eating the same thing I eat every night, Tuna....Well I think I deserve a little luxury, don't you?......By the way I have saved all of the now late Mr. Wayne's investments....I think I'm going to donate it all to charity...well I could use the good publicity....I could give it to the Red Cross, that would fill your pocket quite nicely now wont it?...Heh, Yes it would...Well your not the the CEO of Goldman because you have bad friends right?....Yes I will miss being the Riddler, but besides using rhymes the Riddler is not to different from my own personality. I'll be fine being who I really am....Ok talk to you tomorrow...Say hello to the rest of the League of Shadows...ok Bye" Warren Buffett hangs up the phone and finishes his most rare Can of tuna before going to bed. He'll have a long day tomorrow.

End.

Edit by request

[edit on 22/6/10 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I'm speechless! You sure said a mouthful of a lot more than just tuna!

Enjoyed it...........

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
That was a clever story.

Very well done

I really enjoyed it.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Wow. Twists and turns.
Great story.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Thanks so much everyone.

I know the grammar is most likely all screwed up and there should be a few missed spell words If i'm to live up to my reputation. But As long as it's enjoyable I'm more than grateful.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Bump!

No one is reading my story.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

I actually read this a day or two ago and flagged and starred it! I loved it, seriously. This is an awesome way to display the helplessness of our situation. Even Batman has succumbed. A really great read and it kept me captivated! I would never have thought of using a fictional superhero. Awesome work here in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I loved the creativity!
It was great

Keep writing, my friend.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
apologizing for the comment that was off topic, at first I thought, who comes to ATS to post a fictional Batman story as a thread, but then I come back a few months later and read the entire story. WOW, jabs ya right in the heart. You need to get this story out on more than just ATS. If you don't mind, I would like to spread your story out to as many people as possible who dont ever read ATS. Excellent writing skills, keep up the good work.

top topics

join