It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy at it's finest...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I have no idea if anybody already posted this and it wouldn't surprise me if someone already did but the search function came up with nothing....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/f17ef6c708fecd44.jpg[/atsimg]

To summarize, last week a group of 32 dutch female fans where kicked out of the stadium before the start of the game Norway-Netherlands. Apparently because they were wearing non-branded orange mini-skirts.

Dutch female fans ejected for wearing orange mini-dresses

Another triumph for Fifa's chillingly efficient rights protection team

Apparently FIFA (and it's main sponsor Budweiser) saw through this "ambush marketing" trick to promote Bavaria beer. Since these skirt were handed out in the Netherlands on Queensday earlier this year by the dutch beer brand Bavaria. (Orange is our nation color and we wear it on every possible occasion)

Bavaria beer denied they had anything to do with the women and a spokesman said: "It's a nice dress. Very fashionable,"

"In my opinion, people should have the right to wear whatever they want."

I know my people and an incident like this really addresses our notion of freedom and tolerance.......

"They are non-branded skirt and this is a violation of our rights!!!"

Well the situation has kinda escalated and we even have our politicians taking this up with South African authority.

But here is the reason I have created this thread....

In a country where people are so aware of what their rights are and how freedom should be interpreted, don't you feel it is a bit ironical that the ban on an other piece of non-branded clothing (headscarfs) is about to be become a fact.

I mean whether you wear an orange mini-skirt to express your national pride or whether you are wearing a headscarf to express your religious pride shouldn't really matter, right?

Well it does!! Hypocrisy at it's finest...

Peace

[edit on 18-6-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

In a country where people are so aware of what their rights are and how freedom should be interpreted, don't you feel it is a bit ironical that the ban on an other piece of non-branded clothing (headscarfs) is about to be become a fact.

There's not going to be a ban. They are only proposing it in The Hague and Almere, the only two communities with PVV in the counsel.

And the ban only applies to people having a public function.

But yes, I agree we have a lot of hypocrates here in Holland.

I don't really see what this has to do with the Dutch girls that were busted for advertising while the brand name was never visible.

The idiots at FIFA gave Bavaria a lot of exposure by making a fuss out of it.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Maybe the soccer players were to busy checking out the 32 dutch female fans ... rather playing the game?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Well as a matter of fact I think FIFA poked through this stunt quite well. This was obviously orchestrated by Bavaria and I can appreciate the originality of their stunt.

But in a country where Mr. Wilders has gained popularity with proposals such as putting a tax on head scarves and even going so far as to call it "rag-head-tax", I just thinks the Bavaria spokesman's comment is really, really, really ironical.....

In my opinion, people should have the right to wear whatever they want

Peace

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

How much of the poulation voted PVV?

21% if I remember correctly.

How can you know if the spokesman voted PVV. The vast majority of Holland is against the ban.

Your premise is based on unrealistic generalisations.

And no FIFA didn't handle it well.

If they had let it slide, the name Bavaria would've never been on screen, and nobody would even mentioned the brand.

Because they reacted so fiercely, the world is talking about it.

They did Bavaria a big favor.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
What is it with the dutch and always wanting females all over the place.

Glad i do not like that gender, but man the dutch really are annoying with this female stuff.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Glad i do not like that gender, but man the dutch really are annoying with this female stuff.

I apologize for the fact that we are mostly straight men.

Off course, females are unfavorable creatures.

edit: This was sarcasm, in case it wasn't clear.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return

Originally posted by andy1033

I apologize for the fact that we are mostly straight men.

Off course, females are unfavorable creatures.

If you have seen what me not liking them did to my life you would know what i mean.

I just wished for the life of me when i was young there was gay raves, but there was not. I just did not like ever being around them, or them coming near me.

But the thing that gets me, is they think everyone of them is wanted by males.

Enough said, rant over.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

How much of the population voted PVV?

21% if I remember correctly.

21% is considered, by you, as "not much"?? Are you going to deny that this man has gained an immense amount of popularity??

How can you know if the spokesman voted PVV.

He is a spokesman and doesn't speak his own opinion but Bavaria's (aka in line with their consumers) opinion.

Your premise is based on unrealistic generalizations.

No, my premise is based on the impression I have of the general consensus in this country...

And no FIFA didn't handle it well.

I never said they handled it well. I said they poked through this little stunt quite well. How they handle it is up for debate.

If they had let it slide, the name Bavaria would've never been on screen, and nobody would even mentioned the brand.

I believe Bavaria anticipated on this, hence the two Bavaria-paid lawyers that were present in the court to get those two girls out...

Dutch ministry gives Fifa a dressing down

Their legal representatives and bail were paid for by the Bavaria Beer company.

Peace

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
haha i'm glad you posted this!!!

IMHO, (nutshell) FIFA = nazi goons.

Anyone who throws money (as they are all doing) into blatters pot deserves to be taken out and shot at dawn.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

No, my premise is based on the impression I have of the general consensus in this country...

Well the consensus seems 4 to 1 regarding PVV and probably the ban.

Are you going to argue the election result?

He is a spokesman and doesn't speak his own opinion but Bavaria's (aka in line with their consumers) opinion.

I hope you are not insinuating that Bavaria drinkers are PVV voters?

Come this is ridiculous. You argument has no basis.

Also, it doesn't matter if Bavaria anticipated it, FIFA made it big.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Well the consencus seems 4 to 1 regarding PVV and probably the ban.

Are you going to argue the election result?

It's about the mentality of people in general. Look at France and Belgium, somewhere a dark, rotten, festering notion that freedom is up for interpretation has entered our society. If I was to go out into the street and ask any average Dutchman what there take is on headscarves. What do think the reaction is? Be honest....

Haven't you noticed this mentality shift?

I hope you are not insinuating that Bavaria drinkers are PVV voters?

NO, I am just explaining to you what the function of a representative is. It is not to circumvent his opinion but to represent his employer. And his employer is very well served if this representative expresses himself in such a fashion that their (holy) consumers do not stop buying their product.

Come this is ridiculous. You are argument has no basis.

Until proven baseless, I will stand by my opinion.

it doesn't matter if Bavaria anticipated it, FIFA made it big.

No silly, they anticipated on FIFA making it big.....

Peace

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
What? What was this thread about? I got to the picture of the 32 dutch girls and everything since is a blur.

Mmmm, Dutch girls

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Your first mistake is when you claim that soon the ban will be reality.

This is not true, it's a PROPOSAL of ONE PARTY, in only TWO CITIES.

If I was to go out into the street and ask any average Dutchman what there take is on headscarves. What do think the reaction is? Be honest....

The PVV is the only party that's supporting the ban, one out of 5 people voted for PVV.

I would think that approximately 1 out of 5 people has a problem with headscarfs.

Maybe less, I don't think it's the main reason most people voted PVV.

This all seems pretty straightforward. You feelings obviously don't represent reality.

Until proven baseless, I will stand by my opinion.

Ill try again. You claim hypochrysm, because people want to ban headscarfs, but at the same time these people feel that the Dutch dress girls should be allowed to wear what they want.

This is where you go wrong; how do you know that the people that dislike headscarfs, are the same ones that feel that people should be able to wear what they want to the stadium?

How can you call them hypocrytes if you can't know? Especially if only one in five people voted for the party that wants this ban.

How can you call Bavaria, or their spokesman hypocrytes, if you don't know their stance on headscarfs.

Again, your whole premise is based on assumptions and generalisations.

No silly, they anticipated on FIFA making it big.....

Yes, so the actions of FIFA are responsible for the exposure.

Peace right back at ya.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If I was a woman who had the legs to pull off that skirt, I would be fighting for my right to wear it too. But I don't have the legs so the world is safe.

Headscarves don't bother me but here in Vancouver we have women (supposedly) wearing full body burkas. When one gets on a bus, my first thought isn't "oh the poor dear, having to conform to their culture", my first thought is "omg is there a bomb under that?".

But that's just media-induced paranoia..

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I am going to keep this short and simple because i'm in a real big hurry to get my weekend started...

You and I both know that only 50% of the population turned up for those elections....

I am talking about the general atmosphere in this country!! (On this entire freaking continent if you like) You'd have to really be not in touch with surroundings if you haven't picked on this...

First we had an atmosphere of discontent towards headscarves and now we have an atmosphere of discontent towards Africa and FIFA over these skirts.

In both cases it's concerns a piece of clothing and the freedom to be able to wear it but each in a completly different ethical direction....

You have to appreciate the irony in that.

Peace

PS: Spellchecker is out of order, apologies for the bad grammar

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

In both cases it's concerns a piece of clothing and the freedom to be able to wear it but each in a completly different ethical direction....

So we can't cover up and we can't strip down.. You guys really ought to come to a consensus and stop driving us women crazy..

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry

So we can't cover up and we can't strip down.. You guys really ought to come to a consensus and stop driving us women crazy..

Ye get one gender like i say, then females cannot hassle males.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

There is a general atmosphere that we have to much immigration and islam, i have never ever heard anyone say in my surroundings that headscarfs should be banned, and I usually mingle with not the most sophisticated people.

Holland has a lot of hypocrytes, but I don't see the hypochrysm here.

Anyways, more important, enjoy your weekend!

Don't get too wasted.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry

You can do both, as far as I am concerned.

It's not about women. It's about commerce, society and religion.

Oh, I forgot, it's always about you.

You're right dear.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join