It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessions of a UFO Hoaxer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Confessions of a UFO Hoaxer

A shaky camera turns on, out of focus in haste to capture
something of terrible importance. The camera zooms in, and the
image emerges in awful clarity: the space shuttle, destroyed and
coasting in helpless orbit, the astronauts almost certainly dead.
The impact debris coasts alongside the ruined shuttle in a funeral
procession of atmospheric flotsam.

The man who created the videos is known online as The Faking
Hoaxer (TFH for short), and he has a talent for creating footage
that earns the rarest of compliments: It feels real.

In an age where special effects are getting cleaner and more elaborate,
this one steals their thunder by slipping past our increasing skepticism
with decidedly low-tech methods.

www.aolnews.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I know how we hate a hoaxer around here
but thought this was an interesting article
into the mindset of a hoaxer and the pride
he has in his work. It even goes into his
aspirations of becoming a professional
film-maker.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Boondock-saint.....

His work is very good!

You've motivated me to go back & have a look at his work.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
ever watch the film 'wag the dog' ?

It's more than just fictional films that are possible career choices for hoaxers, I bet there's a disinformation department somewhere that hire these sorts of folk to create this kind of crap to make it more difficult for the rest of us to find the truth.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
You this helps prove to us that it is more than likely that all UFO footage is fiction, anyone who post that is on some kind of an egotrip or needs psychological help!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Some of his vids...he's awesome.

Really, I wouldn't believe one thing you see on television. Anything you can't witness yourself...is questionable.

Peace

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
As an avid amateur cgi artist (and I use the term artist very loosely, as I don't consider myself near creative enough to use that term) I find this guys work and insight to be so cool!

But I never worry about someone faking us all out with a fancy video. There are so many things that should go with a solid ufo case, a video is but a very small component.

Remember that cool Haiti video? One look at the video and common sense, reason and logic discounted it immediately. Keep your wits about you and you have NOTHING to fear from hoax videos.

The only real problem here is too many people lack the mental ability to clearly think through a good looking UFO video. Thread after thread of pointless arguments about a video's quality or whether it is CGI or not completely overlooks the events surrounding a video and then manner of which it is presented to the world.

The last thing that really needs to be consider in many cases if the video quality itself. The pages and pages of the ignorant folks defending the Haiti video clearly makes my point.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Good article on historical hoaxes here.

www.independent.co.uk...

Not UFO related, but does show it's nothing new.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I haven't checked out this guys youtube page in a while, thanks for reminding me
I like that most of his stuff is in HD.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrezo
I bet there's a disinformation department somewhere that hire these sorts of folk to create this kind of crap to make it more difficult for the rest of us to find the truth.

There does not need to be a disinformation department. The believers of every stripe create enough of their own disinformation.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
He is pretty good at the CGI however he really lacks the ability to make it look real. All of his videos have the exact same camera shake which is pretty easy to distinguish from a real camera shake. I think he would be better off just making fake orbs that move around in the sky, believers clutch on to those more than anything else. All he would have to do is move one star around and not get too carried away ie do not have the orb put out spotlights or lasers or anything crazy. One thing he does have going for him is that he makes videos that are longer than 30 seconds. Most CGI fakes are only 10-30 seconds long.

Originally posted by redrezo
ever watch the film 'wag the dog' ?

It's more than just fictional films that are possible career choices for hoaxers, I bet there's a disinformation department somewhere that hire these sorts of folk to create this kind of crap to make it more difficult for the rest of us to find the truth.

No... All his videos are clearly labeled The Faking Hoaxer (TFH for short). Only when you believe everything do you have to be worried about being fooled by people like this.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Wow who needs to hire people to desinform and/or to hide information about UFOs? Hoaxers will do it for free, and with professional quality!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Keep your wits about you and you have NOTHING to fear from hoax videos.
Maybe YOU don't, but not everyone is as good as you at telling fakes from real ones.

whether it is CGI or not completely overlooks the events surrounding a video and then manner of which it is presented to the world.

I think the events surrounding the video are key. A 30 second long video in a large city, with no date/time/location info provided and no other witnesses can be pretty safely dismissed without much analysis. Now if it's out in the countryside where there are no other pwoplw then no other witnesses would be more credible.

The last thing that really needs to be consider in many cases if the video quality itself.
Not sure what you mean, if the quality is too good? or too poor?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
Some of his vids...he's awesome.

Really, I wouldn't believe one thing you see on television. Anything you can't witness yourself...is questionable.

Yes he's talented. The space shuttle video is pretty impressive. I like seeing his TFH logo so it's a little more work for someone on youtube to try to fool people with them, they'd have to block the TFH logo out.

Originally posted by Y2Zgt
You this helps prove to us that it is more than likely that all UFO footage is fiction, anyone who post that is on some kind of an egotrip or needs psychological help!

I think you forgot the word "think" or something?

Anyway, I personally think hoaxes are in the minority. I think there are far more genuine sightings, just like this one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This video however is one of few that seem to prove that UFO`s are reall and cant be mistaken.

And if anyone thinks that's a hoax, Phage proved it's not on page 2. So they're definitely NOT all hoaxes. That's as real as they get.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Pretty amazing videos - thanks.
Hmmm...."the faking hoaxer".....double negative.....hmmmm.....shouldn't a "fake hoax" = real????

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yukitup

Pretty amazing videos - thanks.
Hmmm...."the faking hoaxer".....double negative.....hmmmm.....shouldn't a "fake hoax" = real????

I think the middle name was cleaned up for public consumption.

I've seen this guy's videos posted here time and time again as "real?" [by other people, of course], and despite the watermarks and his well documented ownership of these "hoaxes"", the believers will still make the necessary contortions of logic to make the case for a disinformation conspiracy or authenticity disguised as a hoax [or both].

EDIT: I'm not sure "believers" was the best choice of terminology. Many believers, myself included, can and do change their belief when presented with irrefutable evidence to the contrary. Some, however, cannot and will not, and these are the people to whom I refer.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by draknoir2]

top topics

join