It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why does ATS allow images of alcohol as avatars...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
while we're strictly forbidden from talking about anything but the negative aspect of cannabis?
Sometimes we get some lee-way if the threads don't stray an inch from hemp, or old conspiracy lunacy, but come on.

I just posted in a thread where the two posters above me had these images as their avatars...

and

Now, I understand that the baby bottle is probably kind of a joke, but if I had a cannabis leaf, or a bong/pipe as my avatar it'd be removed in an instant and I'd get 'warned' or maybe even banned.

There's even a chance this thread could get deleted like others I've started just for using some 'naughty' words related to cannabis.

I'm going to edit this post and include examples of these avatars every time I see them, so if you know of any it'd be cool if you added to this.

PS - this isn't a discussion about alcohol's deadly effects VS cannabis' proven safety.
Those threads are the kind that get deleted for 'breaking the rules.'

And I'm tired of having my threads deleted.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by alaskan]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
legal product vs (unfortunately) illegal product.

Case closed.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Agreed, i mean there are plenty of people with guns in their avatar aswell. While some people may have an issue with that as you seem to with alcohol they are still legal and are free to be utilised in any many as an avatar.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
So if I was to start a topic asking Californian ATS users what is actually happening there, alongside the fact that it is quite possibly heading towards legalisation, and the societal effect (if any)

Would it get deleted?

The report they did on 60 mins in Aus was a crock of poo. They were extremely one sided with the argument, did 1 interview with a chick whose 'life it had wrecked'. The reporter got handed 2 ounces and was amazed at the amount. (I think he was a little naive)

They should have interviewed a few heroin users to see how it wrecked their lives. Sorry, I forgot, it kills you, they are dead.

Just my 2 cents.

MM

And if they do legalise it in California, will that be reflected here on the board?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MissMegs

Bit off topic but you have a point, there is the drugs forum you could use aslong as you follow the guidelines in the T&C, but if it was to be legalised i doubt it would change anything. It's perfectly legal in other places around the world already.

I still don't really see the issue with the OP though. What is the message you are trying to put through, that drinking is bad?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I think guns have ruined more lives than cannabis, yet we're still alowed to have pictures of guns as you avatar.

I agree OP.

** Imagine if you've lost a loved one, someone killed by a gun and then you find a forum blatantly advertising the weapons **

Not cool.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
It's already been voted legal in part of colorado, but please don't dwell on this aspect of it, because again, threads of mine and many others have been deleted for much less...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Alaskan.....

My avatar is a genocidal alien psychopath......

......slightly worse than a bottle of vodka!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Weed is legal in many parts of the world. It is also currently legal where I am living. It just proves that most of the people on ATS are morons.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Weed is legal in many parts of the world. It is also currently legal where I am living. It just proves that most of the people on ATS are morons.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I think guns have ruined more lives than cannabis, yet we're still alowed to have pictures of guns as you avatar.

Actually i was looking at the rules, and while you can have a picture fo a gun, but you cannot have it pointing at the user. so it looks like you are being targeted.

I have seen this debate over and over, and I still think it is childish.
I only seem to hear this come from teenagers funnily enough.

"but cannabis doesnt hurt anybody, alcohol kills millions"

It's illegal, deal with it.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

I agree OP.

** Imagine if you've lost a loved one, someone killed by a gun and then you find a forum blatantly advertising the weapons **

Not cool.

Ah but a gun has never killed anyone when it wasnt being operated by a human.

If someone you loved was shot, be pissed at the shooter, not the gun.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
i know its cold up there in alaska but wear a beanie or something to promote more blood flow to your brain and to prevent yourself from making desperate and STUPID ats points whoring threads about pointless issues!!

link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

where do you live then? cali? amsterdam?

because its certainly not legal in holland.

link   
Weed is decriminalized here in Aus (to a certain extent). The state I'm in, it is illegl to buy a bong.

BUT, I can cross the Strait, buy a 'smoking device', and bring it back to Tassie and put it on display.

I could drive around with it on my dash, as long as it hasn't been used.

So, wherever ATS takes its rules from regarding this, what is the legal aspect of owning a clean smoking device?

MM

link   
If you have concern about anATS policy, please use the ATS Issues thread or file a complaint.

The answer to this particular question is...

9) No images or links to images containing illegal objects.

From here.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join