It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the last chance of America, says Walt Whitman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Believe or not, ladies and gentlemen, I can speak with dead poets, and yesterday night Walt Whitman talked to me and said that the Oil peak is the last warning to America and then began to flow the lines of his poem below.

Really, America needs a fundemantal change. She is destroying herself and the world since decades with a most gluttonous attitude history ever witnessed.
I know the last catastrophe is not only America's fault, it is the absolute criminal act of capitalis itself. But we have to see the bigger picture here. America is the leader of this capitalist blood sucker gang. And look at all the life-style build in America: Biggest cars, biggest dinner plates, biggest of everything, longest distances from people to people, and smallest solidarity between people. And it is not the system that is guilty but the people of America itself. Look to the latest protests again Obama, where millions stand against health reform. Can't you see you have the worst health system in the world? Do you know that my friends doing their Phd in America coming to here, Turkey, for any health examination or operation, even it is emergent. I can't think about what poor people are doing in your country...
When I was in New Orleans, 7 years ago, I was deeply dissapointet about the social stratification, social distances and unhappiness I witnessed. Every white person was talking about the places where black people live as "dangerous" where I shouldn't go. I saw the same coldness and alienation among people in Los Angeles and Philedelphia. You should build a new solidarity, not anymore military solidarity. You should change the life styles, build clean energy infrastructure, reform the health system completly, reduce consume, shut down some dumb TV channels, build active social work facilities. Give up this democrat-republic dichotomy and build a polyphonic political system. Stop being the hegemonical power of the world but give support to rebuild the ecomonical system of it and abolish the finance system.
All this are only in the hand of people, people are only chance to change everything.
There are, and must be still chance.
Oak grows with or without human, it doesn't care, but only a human understands what does it mean. Lets take a leaf out of it, and lets grow from the beginning.

I SAW IN LOUISIANA A LIVE-OAK GROWING

by: Walt Whitman (1819-1892)

SAW in Louisiana a live-oak growing,
All alone stood it, and the moss hung down from the branches;
Without any companion it grew there, uttering joyous leaves of dark green,
And its look, rude, unbending, lusty, made me think of myself;
But I wonder'd how it could utter joyous leaves, standing alone there,
without its friend, its lover near--for I knew I could not;
And broke off a twig with a certain number of leaves upon it, and twined
around it a little moss,
And brought it away--and I have placed it in sight in my room;
It is not needed to remind me as of my own dear friends,
(For I believe lately I think of little else than them)
Yet it remains to me a curious token--it makes me think of manly love;
For all that, and though the live-oak glistens there in Louisiana, solitary, in a
wide flat space,
Uttering joyous leaves all its life, without a friend, a lover, near,
I know very well I could not.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

No not trolling, only symbolically speaking. Symbolically but pointing to a truth. Believe or not, it is your issue, but try to think more positive rather than to vomit everywhere

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

I don't agree with everything you wrote, but thank you very much for contacting Uncle Walt for us. He is truly a sorely missed and increasingly distant voice. It is always a pleasure to bask in the glory of his words, in whatever context.

If possible, please see what you can do about getting in touch with Mssrs. Thoreau and Emmerson. Heck, I'd even take crazy old Amos Bronson Alcott in a pinch. We sorely need to organize a national huckleberry party as well as a general mass search for chestnuts & grapes.

[edit on 6/18/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
you'ld have an instant classical iconic song there if you
had a cyber Slim Whitman yodel those Walt Whitman inspired words from the beyond

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Y2Zgt
You may want to contact a local psychologist in your area and set up an appointment to show them this claim you have made. Your trolling right? Give me a break this is so far-fetched I don't even know where to start!

Please do some more research when posting a thread. Try and think logically about things.

You just copy and pasted that from about ten different threads that you posted off. Begone foul dis-info agent!

To the OP: I agree and disagree. Many of the things that you say are misconceptions about the American people. I'm sure there are people in Turkey that give the rest a bad name. I make no presumptions about why you are writing this thread. I agree that America needs to change its attitude, but, well, some of the things that you said I just cannot agree with. I'll just leave it at that.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
WOW! A very warm, intelligent post op! And i like the fictional style, how you wrote it. But it's such an nice text to read, I think you can absolutely stay behind your words and you have no need to "ghostwrite" such very good TRUE STORY.

Respect Bro! And the sheep may wake up please.....

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Of course it is not directed to every single American person. Sure I met with a very lovely American citizens, not to mention that my first and only love was an American with whom I share life with almost 6 years. What I am talking about the American attitude that must be change which shadows the continent since many decades. I am not talking about re-awakening the original American dream, but recapture the spirit of Walt Whitman or Langston Hughes who tried to build in their verses an intime and sincere connection between people and respect to the very existence of life everywhere.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
What's wrong with capitalism? Would you like other people taking some of your hard earned income and deciding how it should be spent?

If you like charity then like it. Charity is VOLUNTARY, not forced. Why is it that idealists love the idea of FORCING other people to give up what they have to make a utopia? If you believe in freedom why do you not believe in freedom to spend your income however you please? Why must you force other people to pay for what you want or they go to the jail or Gulag? If enough people think X is important then they should make an organization to fulfill X that people can choose to donate to, not be forced to pay for it by the government or welfare state. If X is something you passionately believe in then work, get money, give money to X. That's the beauty of capitalism, you can choose how to spend your money. It's equality of opportunity, the only form of equality which can be truly guaranteed.

top topics

join