It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it moral to obey Immoral laws?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The bible teaches that we can own slaves as long as they come from neighboring countries.

There are many other examples in the bible about killing unbelievers and doing horrible acts towards loved ones but this thread is because of a thread I did about Americans that would leave food and water on trails used by Latinos entering the USA illegally.

People on that thread advocated letting these people die because they were breaking the law. They acted like this was the moral high ground.

Its sort of creeping me out that ATS is seeming to be so one sided anymore. Try posting anything pro Latino regarding the immigration issue and you will understand my point.

We post threads and engage in discussions about the coming police state yet we ourselves are advocating police and even military intervention in relation to the largest minority group in the country.

This entire population has been demonized in the mainstream press and by political talking heads.

America has engaged in ethnic cleansing in our past, it is a part of our history, we once supported slavery, and inequality towards women and other ethnic groups. WE have not always been or are a beacon of freedom. Many advocating rounding up tens of millions of People [Latinos] and kicking them out of the country. To me this always leads to ethnic cleansing....

Somebody once asked me what I was gonna teach my kids about obeying the law of the land.....

And I responded that I was gonna teach them to have a open mind and use there best judgment, and if they felt a certain law was wrong that they should voice there concerns, because what is the point of free speech if you choose not to wield it.

I have taken the side of some unpopular subjects here on ATS, for me in my mind its the right thing to do. But going against popular mainstream ideas that are pounded into our heads by the msm is not a easy task.

But for me its the right thing to do. I will speak my mind for it is my right to do so.

We have laws in this country and we have major political groups in this country that wish to limit the rights of minorities [gays and illegals]. Many people feel that Latinos [illegals] are going to destroy America. I wonder how far away we are from advocating some modern American ethnic cleansing?

Feel free to expand on this subject, as I do feel its a worthy discussion.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by LDragonFire]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

a) The bible is a work of fiction. Should we also live our lives by theories and ideas proposed in other works of fiction such as Green Eggs and Ham?

b) Defending our borders isnt a moral issue, nor is protecting our national sovereignty.

c) Deportation has nothing to do with ethnic cleansing. Coming here isnt a right, its a privilege, and we are free to set any and all stipulations in regards to citizenship. If one fails to adhere to any of those stipulations, one must suffer the consequences of their choices.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
This topic is too sensitive.

I am an American born citizen. I'm 24, and lost a decent job to outsourcing.

Since most jobs that I am qualified for are outsourced, or are simply filled due to the horrible economy I decided that I would accept a job in the service industry and take a pretty large pay cut, if I was offered one.

There is a fast food restaurant (my high-school nightmare of ever working at one of these places) less than a block from my home. I can't get a job there, and I can't help but wonder - are they illegals?

So now, I am still unemployed, looking for any job that I can get. Meanwhile illegal immigrants are complaining that they don't have rights in a country that they aren't even supposed to be in.

The reason this is a race issue, and the only reason, is that the illegals entering the country are from a group that is a minority in this country.

If we had white Canadians flowing into the country, with no response from the feds, I would still be struggling to find a job among illegal immigrants.

I am not against Hispanics. I don't dislike Hispanics. I am against people coming to a country, taking jobs and taxes from it's citizens, and then demanding the same rights the citizens have.

Meanwhile - drug cartels are invading Arizona and control part of it, and the government does nothing to stop them, even though the military industrial complex is alive and striving.

I am truly sorry if you still think this is about race.

Also - clumping Gay rights with Illegal "rights" is really unfair.

Gay people haven't done anything illegal.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
The bible was written by a lot of men who lied or forgot the truth.

Do not follow the laws stated in the bible.

Just follow your heart, and in most humans that heart says do good, help others, be compassionate, and love

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Screw the laws. They are just there to control us. Do what you believe is right. There are many morally dubious laws, and there are many laws that are not immoral. Why is it we must obey their laws anyway?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Is it moral to obey Immoral laws?

No, iif you believe a law is wrong you should never follow it. You have to do what you believe is right regardless of the possible consequences. If you are arrested you should refuse to acknowledge the authority of the court to charge you with the crime in question, refuse a lawyer and refuse to answer any questions.

It'll get you in an awful lot of trouble but it's the right thing to do and, remember, empires have been defeated using these methods. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Thomas Jefferson said "Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God."

Of course the trick is to do it non-violently and without generating negative karma/sin etc!

new topics

top topics

join