It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Sharia Law to Be Banned in Oklahoma

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by muftanan

The difference between me and you is, that I personally believe Sharia is not the sacred laws of Islam, but it contains the sacred laws of Islam.

Sharia is a mixture of Islamic Laws/Traditional Laws.

Islamic Laws are those which are mentioned in the Quran, Traditional Laws are those which are mentioned in the Hadith.

Do you agree?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

I apologize in advance if I misunderstood your post. I'm not 100% sure of what you meant by Islamic vs. Traditional laws, but I think I agree with you.

From what I've learned, Qur'an is the direct Word of God, unaltered, and it contains commandments as well as general guidance regarding how a Muslim should live. The Hadith (and I'd like to broaden this to include the Sunna) are the sayings (and practices) of the Prophet Muhammad that Muslims are encouraged to follow. The Hadith and Sunna are much more detailed than the Quran and also serve to help understand the Quran. Unlike the Qur'an, different Hadith have different levels of authenticity based on Isnad (chains of narrators), and Muslim scholars have developed a science of Hadith to verify the authenticity of Hadith.

Anyway, I consider both the Qur'an and Sunna (or Hadith) to be sacred (although they are not the same). I know there is some dispute about this among certain Muslims, but this probably isn't the place to get into that.

Just to help me understand your last post a little better, what is your definition of Sharia?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by muftanan

I apologize in advance if I misunderstood your post. I'm not 100% sure of what you meant by Islamic vs. Traditional laws, but I think I agree with you.

From what I've learned, Qur'an is the direct Word of God, unaltered, and it contains commandments as well as general guidance regarding how a Muslim should live. The Hadith (and I'd like to broaden this to include the Sunna) are the sayings (and practices) of the Prophet Muhammad that Muslims are encouraged to follow. The Hadith and Sunna are much more detailed than the Quran and also serve to help understand the Quran. Unlike the Qur'an, different Hadith have different levels of authenticity based on Isnad (chains of narrators), and Muslim scholars have developed a science of Hadith to verify the authenticity of Hadith.

Anyway, I consider both the Qur'an and Sunna (or Hadith) to be sacred (although they are not the same). I know there is some dispute about this among certain Muslims, but this probably isn't the place to get into that.

Just to help me understand your last post a little better, what is your definition of Sharia?

If Sharia had any importance then Allah would have preserved it also (similar to Quran), the fact of the matter is, "that it is the Hadith which is dividing Muslims".

How can division bring peace? Allah named the religion peace, why do you suspect that is?

I find it odd that Muslims around the globe has went so far from the truth ignoring the true message of Islam, which is clear as in itself.

I would like to discuss this issue with you, where ever it maybe, even if you post a reply on my profile, or send a U2U.

I find this subject very interesting and at the same time very important in order for all of humanity to move forward.

Moving forward, not in Western terms, as wearing more revealing cloths and toning down laws, but moving forward to achieving Allah's cause.

thanks for the reply, and I'll eagerly wait for your response, either U2U, or in my profile.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
this is funny; because if there is a separation of church and state truly the state then does not exist.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Sharia law should go back to where it came from - the middle east.

And because the middle east hates America, please go back to your country.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
thats funny because all your law mandates have nothing to do with law; all your governing bodies have nothing to do with heaven.you prior poster seem like the alien.

if you did not comprehend my prior jecture you are a prime example of how you are not welcome in the land you call america; and by accord of exertion of will "take your own advice".

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
seriously and back on topic america already implemented sharia low unknowingly by accepting common law and bylaw; as the term for the differing forms of law, by people who follow an angle.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
basically oaklohama is saying that bylaw and common law are now outside the law

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
seriously and back on topic america already implemented sharia low unknowingly by accepting common law and bylaw; as the term for the differing forms of law, by people who follow an angle.

Don't waste your breath, they are programmed to think in a certain manner, you can try to explain it to them in thousands of different ways, and give thousands of examples, they just won't understand, or refuse to understand.

I think refuse to understand is a better term.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by LittleSecret]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

So you deny that so many Americans WERE killed from what happened on 9/11 from the "most peaceful religion of Islam?"

That has to be the silliest oversimplification there can be for the 9/11 event.

To claim that that was an act of the entire Muslim faith community is intellectually incredibly shallow. According to that logic, Christianity is the religion that shoots abortion doctors and kills millions of people in Africa by forbidding condoms (Oh wait....that last one is actually true).

Sharia law should go back to where it came from - the middle east.

And because the middle east hates America, please go back to your country.

That is difficult, when it is full of American Soldiers, nay?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Oklahoma is an Amerian state - sharia laws are ok, as long as people obey them.

BUT...I have to say - this is America, so why don't you live in your own country? Because people who obey sharia laws hate America.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
America's founding fathers established the Constitution in order to eliminate the possibility of a monarch, despot, or any religious organization from seizing the helm of government. They didn't want a king, and they didn't want an inquisition. They had had enough of that bull.....So for the first time in history, since ancient Greece and the early Roman Republic, people were going to be free to govern themselves.

To those who hate America, I say, try voicing your opinions in Russia or China or Iran or North Korea or Saudi Arabia or Syria or Lebanon or Egypt, or any of the dozens of third world countries like Pakistan where public executions based on religious law or taboo are commonplace. Go to these countries and criticize their governments and see what it gets you.

You see America as a place where you can further your own twisted agendas without fear of retribution. You use our kindness as weakness and the free nature of our society as an opportunity to infiltrate and destroy what you perceive as our decadent way of life.

You hate America because you hate yourselves. You take it all out on America like Americans take their frustrations out on the President. But what many Americans fail to realize is, they have more power over the success or failure of their lives than the President will ever have.

Just keep on trying to tear down America and see what it gets you. If you think that you are going to drag her down into your own venomous cesspool, guess again. You terrorists used to be annoying, like flies. But now you are starting to sting. Keep it up! I'm waiting for the day when America realizes that it has had enough, and then SWATS these nasty little insects once and for all.

Happy Fathers Day! Peace Out.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

That is correct. In America the people make the laws. They are not dictated to us by some terrorist pedophile imam. Now you know.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

A wise move! Don't take the bait. American laws are set by people who come here LEGALLY and follow American law. Those who miss their mother country should consider going back. This is the way of the world.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

That is correct. In America the people make the laws. They are not dictated to us by some terrorist pedophile imam. Now you know.

Was that an insult?

Should I post a reply?

OK you asked for it, take this as an example:

If 90% of America turned out to be pedophile and voted for laws which allows pedophilia, What would that mean?

I like putting my self in other people's shoes to find out how it feels, in this situation I'm putting myself in your shoes and throwing an insult on your way.

No justice, no peace !!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Good riddance

This is North America not Middle East if you wont follow our laws and wont accept our way of life or freedom then please pick your bags and go back

To The middle east.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
there is no legal way to become american; either you are or you want to be and by wanting to be without being will not make you such.changing the statues and edicts to coincide with a notion that "our founding fathers" wrote the constitution is false.if a territory in land of my inheritance says that you cannot practice law that is associated with religion, then your glass house and house of cards, not built on being a member of america, then speaks to me and says "all the statutes and laws i have presented before you, an american, are now "values" that are null and void to myself".

take your hatred of islam and your pretention that you are american to the people who want to see you because of these traits.but if you take to your own home radical muslims traits and consider yourself a citizens of the imaginary america you believe; you have made real the "constitution" you have neglected and thrown away.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Ausar]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
A good start, now we just need to finish the job by banning Judeo-Christian based laws, or legal concepts derived from the Bible. Ban the ten commandments from being cited in any legal case. Now we're talking a legal system that is based on non-theistic principles and logic.. awesome.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a double post again... sorry

[edit on 3-7-2010 by metamagic]

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Y2Zgt
I thought the pilgrims came to America to seek Religious freedom...

They came here to seek freedom in worship and not to be dictated to on how to worship by an official religion of the state.

It seems to me that Muslims want to inject their beliefs into our government while using our own laws to manipulate our government to their benefit.

It's only against the Constitution when a Christian does what the Muslims are now doing.

I feel like this is going to go all the way to the WH with Obama condemning Oklahoma like he did Arizona.

<< 1    3 >>

join